[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

Hey Kelvynn! Long time fan here <3
I am playing on ssfhc as usual, so my question would be this:
Is it safer to go for War bringer and Rite of ruin? Also i was thinking to use decoy totem. For warcry i was thinking about rallying cry. Or 40% more is that important for leech? Planed to do a crap load of ethernal labs since i have 30+ keys leftover, thus maybe 25% heal is needed.
Thx again for builds bro!
Last edited by iHaveSinned on Oct 20, 2017, 3:37:09 AM
"
iHaveSinned wrote:
Hey Kelvynn! Long time fan here <3
I am playing on ssfhc as usual, so my question would be this:
Is it safer to go for War bringer and Rite of ruin? Also i was thinking to use decoy totem. For warcry i was thinking about rallying cry. Or 40% more is that important for leech? Planed to do a crap load of ethernal labs since i have 30+ keys leftover, thus maybe 25% heal is needed.
Thx again for builds bro!

Of course 40% MORE damage is important! Recovering 25% hp and mana every 2 sec manually via RC is too much work and it's not important compared to your leech. Just to be safer in lab traps? Dunno if it's worth it. You can use life flasks and Ryslatha to auto-charge them.

I don't see any reason to use Decoy Totem with this build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 20, 2017, 2:54:20 PM
Got it! Ty for answer! Will go with MOAR damage then xD
Wondering why you go for Sentinal at all? that jewel socket costs 7 points whereas you could pick up the socket up and left of it for 3 points going through some mana. i feel like the 10% all res, 18% cold and fire and the armour isnt worth 7 points vs 16% max mana for 3 points. can you explain?
uber lab is really hard to me in this build.
not because of him but traps.
should I refund vaal pack while I'm running
some people reccommend using blink arrow.
any tips for trap?

Spoiler

this is second upgrade. still I have 1187 Int.
should I use rare ring for INT instead of unique ring?
"
Wolfosaurus wrote:
Wondering why you go for Sentinal at all? that jewel socket costs 7 points whereas you could pick up the socket up and left of it for 3 points going through some mana. i feel like the 10% all res, 18% cold and fire and the armour isnt worth 7 points vs 16% max mana for 3 points. can you explain?

There is a more detailed explanation somewhere earlier in this thread where I considered 10% all res jewels and various rings.

That area consists of two separate things:
1) a jewel socket for 3 points (the socket + 2 Str nodes)
2) 66% worth of resists for 3 points (22% per point)

There are several options for getting a jewel socket for 3 points. The difference between them is insignificant. But 66% resists for 3 points is very good. To get it on other jewels, you need two extremely rare jewels with 10% all res and at least 2 good mods. There were only several of those on the market. The build cannot rely on such things.

Or you can try and find that missing resist on gear. But if that means using a 40 Int item with more resists instead of a 50 Int one with less resists - you already lose.

And then there are rings. If you manage to balance your resists and afford even one good Opal ring - that's already better than 3 points.

I do not see how you can realistically achieve better overall results without going through Sentinel. It would require some godly items that can only happen for very few people. But the build doesn't need that. Sentinel is the budget option.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 21, 2017, 12:41:28 PM
"
Daydreaming5 wrote:
any tips for trap?

Spoiler

Refunding VP for the lab would be bad for Izaro and it still won't save you from traps, this is not a regen build.

The key to getting past the traps (other than knowing them) is to run fast and hit life flasks when you take damage. If you are struggling, try these flasks:

Two high speed Quicksilvers with 3 uses before recharging (Chemist).
Two fast acting (Catalysed) life flasks with the fastest hp/sec recovery (Eternal) plus anti-bleed/poison.
And Basalt/Grounding for Izaro with his random buffs.

Use Ryslatha as the minor Pantheon power for the lab, that way you can stop in safe spots, wait for your life flasks to recharge and continue popping them as you run through the traps.

But the most important thing is speed. You take a lot less damage from the traps when you run fast, a lot of them fail to hit you.

If you have a legacy Pyre in Standard, it's better than a rare ring (unless you get a really good Opal one). It lets you use CD, i.e. a better MORE mod for a little less Int.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 21, 2017, 1:28:43 PM
"
Daydreaming5 wrote:
any tips for trap?

Spoiler

Try to take all darkside in mainroad. It has one buff that reduces 50% damage of traps.
Would it be better to Vaal 0.2% of fire damage leeched as life or level 1 increased area of effect for the staff? Or is there one better that I'm not considering? I assume that this mostly comes down to whether you are having issues with life (no Kaom's for instance). Just curious!
"
Dartulius wrote:
Would it be better to Vaal 0.2% of fire damage leeched as life or level 1 increased area of effect for the staff? Or is there one better that I'm not considering? I assume that this mostly comes down to whether you are having issues with life (no Kaom's for instance). Just curious!

18% block is best in my opinion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info