[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Im confused...can someone please explain...how is crit working if we use controlled destruction?
"
if something gives +X% to critical strike chance you add it to base crit
if something gives XX% increased critical strike you multiply base crit by that amount and add it to total crit chance

frostbolt have 5% base crit chance
increased critical strike supports adds 1.9% and makes it 6.9% base crit
then you add increases and reductions
let's say you have 200% increase from passives, 200% increase from weapons, 5*40% from power charges, 88% increase from inc crit support, 100% reduction from controlled destruction
your total crit chance is going to be 6.9% + 6.9% * (2.00 + 2.00 + 2.00 + 0.88 - 1.00) = 47,47%

controlled destruction gives 44% more dmg which is enormous boost and is totally worth sacrificing 6.9% crit chance

basically anything in this game with word 'increased' counts from base amount and anything with word 'more' counts from total amount so the meta is to put as many 'more' as possible because it's getting stronger and stronger with every next one
"
Sedorian wrote:
So in a 5 link setup if we have the Pandemonius Amulet is the 5th link Hypothermia or Improved Crit?

current gear, looking for advice I know I am way over resist cap and need to move so more damage or suvivability in.

is the Pandemonius Amulet worth it?does it make much of a different
"
nzrocketman wrote:
is the Pandemonius Amulet worth it?does it make much of a different

Thats my question too, because its expensive as shit and i dont want to pay 250c for 1k dps in the end and a procc that doesnt work on most high tier bosses.
For a 6 link setup without the Pandemonius Amulet, which 2 gems should i pick from controlled destruction, elemental focus and improved crit? The other 4 are frostbolt, spell totem, faster cast and cold pen. Thanks!
Atm I am lvl 87 ... still using the 1c wands and tabula: I have like 200k dmg with 4 totems up, close to permafreezing up to t10 bosses. The only unique I am using are tabula and the gloves. Life is kinda low - just 4100 but freezing everything is so so so satisfying. I fixed my resistances so will switch to a Wise Oak flask for another 13% cold pen. I still see no reason to go for Taryn aside the block. If there is something to kill me are offscreens and volatiles, permafreezing even beyond bosses in t12 is so satisfying. You can check my version, char name is paingoesfrost. A lot cheaper, a lot more dmg, well ... 1k less hp but I compensate with the freeze.
Edit: Taryn is very good with the pandemonium and hypotermia ... but too damn costly. pandemonium is 250c/6ex? Fuck that!
Last edited by painguard on Aug 14, 2017, 2:35:37 AM
can't find your name anywhere.

Edit : nvm found it.
Last edited by janaaasty on Aug 14, 2017, 4:19:27 AM
how do you permafreez bosses?
"
exibob wrote:

I have 60% crit with 5 power charges(If I had good daggers I would get even more), with diamond flask around 80%ish, each critical hit will proc the elemental effect: freeze. 4 totems criting nonstop will make the boss barely move, sometimes they freeze mid air. When reaching t10(promenade/collonade) the bosses will get a mini shutter, can barely move. I have pcoc aside my surge on my orb of storms to keep charges on bosses too.

This is a crit build after all, the staff nodes seem lackuster to me ... but in the end the build is made for HC. I went generic totem crit build, so I went for crit and crit multi (it's like a small more multiplier). I just walk around spamming totems, everything is frozen, the only problems are the freaking proximity shields rares.
"
painguard wrote:
"
exibob wrote:

I have 60% crit with 5 power charges(If I had good daggers I would get even more), with diamond flask around 80%ish, each critical hit will proc the elemental effect: freeze. 4 totems criting nonstop will make the boss barely move, sometimes they freeze mid air. When reaching t10(promenade/collonade) the bosses will get a mini shutter, can barely move. I have pcoc aside my surge on my orb of storms to keep charges on bosses too.

This is a crit build after all, the staff nodes seem lackuster to me ... but in the end the build is made for HC. I went generic totem crit build, so I went for crit and crit multi (it's like a small more multiplier). I just walk around spamming totems, everything is frozen, the only problems are the freaking proximity shields rares.

Sounds great, just the question is, Is it worth it to switch 30 points when you are lvl 80? Killing bosses is truly painful, freeze chance is just not good enough. However it is doable, just takes a bit more time and some more movement skills (and I am just talking about maps T8-9 :/ ). Now my dps single totem is just around 20K

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info