[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Before you switch to wands see what wands you can afford: crit chance / crit multi / cold spell dmg / added xx cold dmg to spells / cast speed. That added xx dmg on spells on each wands means close to 1 extra level on frostbolt. Run the numbers in path of building see what you get. I will try to make a video when I get home but my radeon 7790 might be an impediment.
hi all

for start i want said a big thx for this build i like it so much is really a funny build

have few question about it but the first of all is who the best enchantement craft for it 15% frostb cast speed or 40% frostb damage ????

"
painguard wrote:
"
exibob wrote:
how do you permafreez bosses?

I have 60% crit with 5 power charges(If I had good daggers I would get even more), with diamond flask around 80%ish, each critical hit will proc the elemental effect: freeze. 4 totems criting nonstop will make the boss barely move, sometimes they freeze mid air. When reaching t10(promenade/collonade) the bosses will get a mini shutter, can barely move. I have pcoc aside my surge on my orb of storms to keep charges on bosses too.

This is a crit build after all, the staff nodes seem lackuster to me ... but in the end the build is made for HC. I went generic totem crit build, so I went for crit and crit multi (it's like a small more multiplier). I just walk around spamming totems, everything is frozen, the only problems are the freaking proximity shields rares.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's something to say it, and it's something else to actually level it. Did you spec into all these shadow side crit nodes at high level or did you level like this ? If so, how many times did you die ? Respecing at a higher level, with good preparation (and therefore investment), is the safer way in my opinion.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. It's giving me perspectives for high tier maps bossing.
Hi all,

Is it worth to have another staff(weapon swap) with another spell linked to "spell totem" (like flame blast, firestorm) for boss killing?

Thanks

"
I don't mean to be rude, but it's something to say it, and it's something else to actually level it. Did you spec into all these shadow side crit nodes at high level or did you level like this ? If so, how many times did you die ? Respecing at a higher level, with good preparation (and therefore investment), is the safer way in my opinion.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. It's giving me perspectives for high tier maps bossing.

I would say that he followed the original tree and for those shadow nodes went at around lvl 65-70. He just sacrifice those life nodes which could have been kinda painful without proper life on gear. But on the other hand for lower lvl maps should not be a big deal. I had a really shi*y gear and the map clear was awesome even without those dps nodes. You just need to pick up as much life on gear as you can.
Last edited by M4R4 on Aug 14, 2017, 9:16:34 AM
"
M4R4 wrote:

"

I would say that he followed the original tree and for those shadow nodes went at around lvl 65-70. He just sacrifice those life nodes which could have been kinda painful without proper life on gear. But on the other hand for lower lvl maps should not be a big deal. I had a really shi*y gear and the map clear was awesome even without those dps nodes. You just need to pick up as much life on gear as you can.

The point of this sacrifice is to freeze bosses, otherwise it's not worth it in my opinion. You definitly don't need the shadow crit nodes in order to have an excellent clear speed in T1-5 maps.
Last edited by Miriemos on Aug 14, 2017, 9:45:41 AM
"
deimudda69 wrote:
"
nzrocketman wrote:
is the Pandemonius Amulet worth it?does it make much of a different

Thats my question too, because its expensive as shit and i dont want to pay 250c for 1k dps in the end and a procc that doesnt work on most high tier bosses.

current pandemonius price is a joke
get yourself a rare amu with crit multi/cast speed/spell damage and you're going to end up with same dps and potentially more life for 1/10 price

I got that one for 5c and crafted crit on it for another 2c and it's just a little bit worse than 200c+ pandemonius
Last edited by UnusualChinchilla on Aug 14, 2017, 10:15:14 AM
@Miriemos

Died at Kitava 2 times, reached mapping with a total of 9 deaths and 2k life. Indeed I specced to the shadow area later when I had to make the decision of wasting another 100 alterations to craft the 5L I bought or try and go real crit, and the prices on Halcyon/Pandemonius are still stupidly high. The build really shines with Taryn and the amulet otherwise it's somewhere in between becouse ... crit whithout enough crit multi seems ... weird? Allso I don't really like block as a main defensive mechanic as I mostly find I die to random aoe spell dmg.

I don't like to die eather, I am fairly confident I can reach 90 noproblemo with this toon. So far the only problem I had was a double boss/EE/ele rezist 8 mod High Gardens with 2 other buddyies specced into RF without delirium gloves. That peticular fight took way longer then it should and still managed to kill them deathless. So far only reached t12, 1 minute boss, hard mods again as I want 100%+ on atlas.

You have to dodge shit, enter a room see the pack/ the pack attacks / strafe left or right / rclick ... whatever I like the playstyle. I am having RSI on my hands so this kinda of build suits my playstyle. Proximity shields and volatiles are the most deaths for me.
Last edited by painguard on Aug 14, 2017, 9:58:17 AM
"
Miriemos wrote:
"
M4R4 wrote:

"

The point of this sacrifice is to freeze bosses, otherwise it's not worth it in my opinion. You definitly don't need the shadow crit nodes in order to have an excellent clear speed in T1-5 maps.

Indeed, but we aint talking about T1-5 maps, but potentially much higher at the end. Which is the main goal of going that way, isnt it? Perma freeze gives you a good chance to survive even without life nodes and significantly boost your dps. As he said this is a SC dps version.
"
M4R4 wrote:
"
Miriemos wrote:
"
M4R4 wrote:

Indeed, but we aint talking about T1-5 maps, but potentially much higher at the end. Which is the main goal of going that way, isnt it? Perma freeze gives you a good chance to survive even without life nodes and significantly boost your dps. As he said this is a SC dps version.

Yeah my bad, I misread you.

"
M4R4 wrote:
As he said this is a SC dps version.

He did say the opposite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info