[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Been running this build the past few days, now level 78, running yellow maps, getting ready to regear. Some thoughts:

Freezing Pulse can also be used and is basically plug and play - swap Frozen Trails for First Snows and FB for FP. Pros/Cons of FP compared to FB as I see it:

+ FP is more "responsive" because of the projectile speed. That makes it safer in tight indoor maps like Toxic sewer in my experience
+ FP has 6% base crit compared to FB's 5%, meaning more consistent crits with lesser gear
+ FP is a classic skill that looks and sounds cool. It's the quintessential cold skill in my book

- Most importantly, FP is proj speed dependent. At a minimum, you want Winds of Change, but ideally both WoC and max quality FP. Otherwise your reach sucks
- FP doesn't have the offscreen capability that FB does with its short projectile lifetime
- FP has a damage falloff, though it's hardly noticeable. Probably still worth planting FP totems as close to bosses as possible to maximize damage
- No flashy celestial MTX

In general, other than base crit, there's nothing that FP does that FB doesn't do at least as well. I think FP feels better in tight maps, but FB wins in open maps like Beach. In any case, my clear speed with FP feels great. Single target isn't any better. I prefer FP in most cases.

Edit: All of this is based on using a 5L Taryn's Shiver and 20/20 Frostbolt or Freezing Pulse

Last edited by ConsPark on Mar 31, 2018, 3:13:11 AM
Starter build for 3.2 (casual player) and now lvl 90 with 6-link Taryns. I'm very happy with the build! For a totem build, the clear speed is very good. Putting down 4 totems and watch entire screens of mobs explode is awesome!

Fully buffed i can get about 70k tooltip damage per totem, up to 130k in the heat of the fight due to the Hierophant ascendancies. After finally getting a 6 link, the damage increase was very noticeable.

I have killed tier 10 elder spawn and 2 of the 4 guardians (haven't found the others yet). It went surprisingly easy!

Thanks for the great build idea!
It would be nice if you changed color of text for gems so it would be easier to see what colors we need.
Example:
Critical Hit Damage
Thx for build. Up to 15 tier are bosses easy even for farming. Lvl 89. Taryn's Shivers. Gems Frostbolt ... 21/20.

Today i'll try "Maze of the Minotaur Map" and boss of course :) We'll see.
Ok so I been following this build. Loving the frost bolt skill but i been doing t9 Maps and cant seem to get any further. Also my totems die once i put them down . Need some help here. Also not sure how to post up my gear in here
Last edited by ALonardo on Apr 9, 2018, 11:44:20 AM
cant see your character
if im HC

Whats the 3 best stats to get on an Abyss jewel????

-life
- ??
-??

I also see the 2 stats (which u can get on rings as well)
XX dmg to cold attacks - spells - cold dmg to spells while wearing 2 handed weapon
are those any good for the FB builds?
"
ALonardo wrote:
Ok so I been following this build. Loving the frost bolt skill but i been doing t9 Maps and cant seem to get any further. Also my totems die once i put them down . Need some help here. Also not sure how to post up my gear in here

Just https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/"your-acount"/privacy

unset.

will see what's wrong with your char.

+ good planner https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360

Some usefull link

Last edited by Vocasek9 on Apr 9, 2018, 2:31:04 PM
"
Vocasek9 wrote:
"
ALonardo wrote:

Just https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/"your-acount"/privacy

unset.

will see what's wrong with your char.

+ good planner https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360

Some usefull link

how did the minotaur map go? could you kill it?
"

how did the minotaur map go? could you kill it?

I just running tier 15. I am little scared ;) to 16 tier map. Maybe tomorrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info