Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

Nice so now we have no mana leech for spells outside of shitty warlords mark and zero reflect changes so now we are forced into scion or elementalist if we want to play an ES build that hits monsters. Looks like fun.

also lmao at nerfing exp when we won't have leaguestones in 3.0.
Last edited by matt29234 on Aug 2, 2017, 8:33:26 AM
I was wondering if GGG should not make another game, like PoE II or something else.

I know that are many money involved in future plans for PoE, but I think PoE came to a point that could make more sense if they make another game and not "killed" the old one!

Servers, staff members ... These all have costs, but why don't make another game called PoE II and maintained the "old" PoE for the players that like the "arcaic" style!

GGG itself said that they were planning these changes since a long time ago, so why not?!
President Trump would be proud of the Wall of Text.
Thanks GGG, 3.0 is really appreciated!

Maybe ES got a bit over-nerfed (we'll find out soon) but double-dipping nerfs and Howa rebalance was pretty much needed.

I think VP berserker and most likely barrage are now the only really problematic things but I am sure they'll get addressed if they define meta too much.

Pretty much every endgame build during the last leagues was either double-dipping fire/poison or Howa. All CI VP of course because it was the laziest way to get to endgame without necessity to use more than one hand. I'd claim 8 to 9 out of 10 builds were the "copy pasta" of a streamers meta build.

In all the years of PoE I learned one thing: Each league has it's own meta and I am confident that this applies also to the next one. So calm down complainers - Mathil, Ziz or Ziggy will soon present a gg faceroll build to you ;)
Longest patch notes ever.

I was so depressed reading this patch notes i had to stop. Im sure every build i had in mind will not work. At this point i have no idea what to do so i will go and thy doing something :( And when you see GGG nerfing something you can be 100% sure its useless now. The only problem they had was vall skills and now they did it. If they dont want you to do something they will make sure you will not. RIP my slim understanding of this game i have to learn everything from beginning. For me they could simply leave the old game for us and create new game POE II.
"
Dvorakim wrote:
I really don't understand how people can debate on what's not essential : nerf. The game have to be balance and it's generaly better to nerf a little instead boost too much like diablo 3. BUT, this time nerf are really hard (and i never played ES on league as i'm saying this).

With T1/T2 affixes for ES on items you could get very high ES pool which allowed you survive what Life based players couldn't. And with instant leech you could get all lost ES from received strike instantly back to survive another heavy strike.

So the solution to break this chain HIGH ES + Vaal Pact was one of two:
1) Lower ES pool to the same level as Life pool.
2) Remove Vaal Pact for ES.

But GGG made both at same time!
Now ES pool MORE comparable to Life pool, but without instant leech it is useless (unless you play totems/summoner, which doesn't require direct confrontation), while Life pool still can instant leech (and even overleech)!

I don't understand it! If Both Life and ES pool are equal (or close to it, because ES doesn't have much Armour/Evasion) WHY NERFING Vaal Pact for one and not for other?
Why can't 10k ES pool INSTANT leech, while 8k Life pool CAN?!
As a dedicated support player (I played Mana Guardian, Aura Guardian and Necrobot in Legacy), I do not completely agree with the sudden changes to the Necromancer's Commander of Darkness.

Both the Guardian and Necromancer (and to some extent the Champion, which falls somewhere between both areas), offered up distinct ways to build up dedicated supports. The Guardian was heavily invested in boosting defenses and it shined the most in HC leagues, where survival is a huge factor. The Necrobot was the complete opposite, as it offered the most meaningful boosts to damage. Of course, in such a clear speed centric meta, the Necrobot saw much more use than other support variants. But was it OP? In my opinion, it wasn't. Whilst it provided a sizable party damage up-scaling, it wasnt strictly better than a support Guardian. A good guardian support was just as capable of sustaining party play by reasonably boosting party damage, whilst giving massive upgrades to a parties survivability. I understand that there were concerns that Necrobots were mandatory for clear speed, so I can understand the need for some adjustments to tone that back. However, these changes should have been tested in the beta, so we can see the full effect on the balance of support classes.

From the current standpoint, these hard nerfs heavily gut the Necrobot's viability as a support. Its going down from about 221% increased damage and 104% increased attack/cast speed (with 13 auras and 72% aura effectiveness) to a significantly lower 30% increased damage and about 65% increased attack/cast speed. Coupled with the ES nerfs hurting the build's defenses, there is very little benefit to go as a Necromancer support as compared to the Guardian. Hell, the Scion Necromancer node even gives the same level of damage bonus (which is a huge spit in the face). And on the other hand, the support Guardian still provides much higher levels of defensive scaling, with a decent level of offensive support. Hence, in my opinion, this will just shift all the support play to one ascendancy. Both ascendancy classes were great for different reasons, and they were great for supporting different types of party play, but now Necrobot has been gutted.

My suggestion to GGG is to change Commander of Darkness such that it provides 6% increased damage per aura you cast as opposed to the flat 30%. This is a 40% nerf from the current version and is in line with the attack/cast speed per aura nerf. It scales back the power of the Necrobot, whilst still making it a viable ascendancy for more offensive supports. I am not the only person who has suggested such a means of 'balancing' the Necrobot and I hope GGG will re-consider the nerfs, as we did not even have any time to test these changes.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Aug 2, 2017, 8:46:37 AM
"
Dvorakim wrote:
i'm looking forward for grim dawn expansion now.

:thinking: are u out of your mind dude?
"
iSo1iD wrote:
As a dedicated support player (I played Mana Guardian, Aura Guardian and Necrobot in Legacy), I do not completely agree with the sudden changes to the Necromancer's Commander of Darkness.

Both the Guardian and Necromancer (and to some extent the Champion, which falls somewhere between both areas), offered up distinct ways to build up dedicated supports. The Guardian was heavily invested in boosting defenses and it shined the most in HC leagues, where survival is a huge factor. The Necrobot was the complete opposite, as it offered the most meaningful boosts to damage. Of course, in such a clear speed centric meta, the Necrobot saw much more use than other support variants. But was it OP? In my opinion, it wasn't. Whilst it provided a sizable party damage up-scaling, it wasnt strictly better than a support Guardian. A good guardian support was just as capable of sustaining party play by reasonably boosting party damage, whilst giving massive upgrades to a parties survivability. I understand that there were concerns that Necrobots were mandatory for clear speed, so I can understand the need for some adjustments to tone that back. However, these changes should have been tested in the beta, so we can see the full effect on the balance of support classes.

From the current standpoint, these hard nerfs heavily gut the Necrobot's viability as a support. Its going down from about 221% increased damage and 104% increased attack/cast speed (with 13 auras and 72% aura effectiveness) to a significantly lower 30% increased damage and about 65% increased attack/cast speed. Coupled with the ES nerfs hurting the build's defenses, there is very little benefit to go as a Necromancer support as compared to the Guardian. Hell, the Scion Necromancer node even gives the same level of damage bonus (which is a huge spit in the face). And on the other hand, the support Guardian still provides much higher levels of defensive scaling, with a decent level of offensive support. Hence, in my opinion, this will just shift all the support play to one ascendancy. Both ascendancy classes were great for different reasons, and they were great for supporting different types of party play, but now Necrobot has been gutted.

My suggestion to GGG is to change Commander of Darkness such that it provides 6% increased damage per aura you cast as opposed to the flat 30%. This is a 40% nerf from the current version and is in line with the attack/cast speed per aura nerf. It scales back the power of the Necrobot, whilst still making it a viable ascendancy for more offensive supports. I am not the only person who has suggested such a means of 'balancing' the Necrobot and I hope GGG will re-consider the nerfs, as we did not even have any time to test these changes.

Have all my +1.
disgusting how some people complain.
the give us lots of new acts, new active and support skill gems, new uniques, remove cruel and merciless,and rebalance so we need to think and explore again for new builds and stuff.
and you dont need to pay for anything of that if you dont want to. and still you onely complain...

but nooo, onely care about meta and efficiency. as soon new league starts they play nonstop like morons and then cry its to easy and are bored while the onely play op meta builds and exploit game mechanics. and when things getting balanced "nerfed" the also cry. makes no sense...
Last edited by Rekill on Aug 2, 2017, 9:02:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info