Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

What is this?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile 3.0.0 - The Fall of Oriath

Major New Content and Features:
  • Added a Passive Skill Tree planning system.
    Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

    Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
    Last edited by Jgizle on Aug 8, 2017, 3:25:19 AM
    ayy guys, can somebody link all new unique items?
    Where is the spectre store?
    3.0 made it basicly impossible to reach maps on hardcore.

    The bosses in act 5-10 are wayyyyyyyyyy overpowered and overtuned with loads of one shot mechanics.

    3.0 must have seen a massive dropoff in players that get anywhere. Show us some numbers. How many people have completed the game on hardcore. How many people reached the mapping phase? How many are stuck at lvl 50 in act 5?

    The most retarted thing of all is the fact that these act 5 - act 10 bosses are 10 times harder than the low tier map bosses that are 20 levels higher.

    Most people will likely never see maps again

    3.0 the fall of the core game
    Last edited by InnerDrive on Aug 13, 2017, 5:21:42 PM
    very scary new abilities these harbingers have, one of them is a beam that makes my game stop responding when it touches me.
    Since the 3.0.1 release I've been getting about 30-40 unexpected errors related to what seems to be missing files upon closing the game.
    "
    Lord_Tao wrote:
    So, GGG, please please tell me how you guys think it is good for the game that ALL character builds need every life node they can get PLUS life on every item to have the 4k+ HP pool required to do endgame content?


    How is it a good design decision to make gear nonviable if it has no added life?

    How was it a good design decision to tripple nerf ES which was only a symptom of the problem above?


    From what I see it is idiotic. Needing SOME added life should be a part of any build (going no life with other mitigation should be a build option that is tricky rather than completely nonviable). You guys added in unique items for some flavour, but how do you guys feel about the ones with no added life? They may have seen play in ES builds, but probably won't see the light of day anymore.

    So many builds, regardless of class, have to race to the Scion life wheel ON TOP of taking high life rolls on every piece of gear. How does that allow for creative and dynamic character designs?

    These questions aren't rhetorical; I would definitely love to hear an answer and learn what piece of information or nuance I am missing.

    I am only playing because of the new content, so I will give the new patch a honest try. However if it weren't for the new content, I would have been long gone already, deeply regretting the money I spent on this game.


    I feel You bro. It's a discussion we are gatering peoples to support our visions in the main thread about it.
    Check the forum posts in here : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919
    See that You are not the only one who is seeing the great atrocity called "PoE 3.0 - The Rise of The Stupid CEO and the Fall of PoE".
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    ▒▒░░░ ═══════════ Previously I thought I am Batman. Now I am sure I am Batman. ═══════════ ░░░▒▒
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    "
    BlazeSTX wrote:
    "
    Lord_Tao wrote:
    So, GGG, please please tell me how you guys think it is good for the game that ALL character builds need every life node they can get PLUS life on every item to have the 4k+ HP pool required to do endgame content?


    How is it a good design decision to make gear nonviable if it has no added life?

    How was it a good design decision to tripple nerf ES which was only a symptom of the problem above?


    From what I see it is idiotic. Needing SOME added life should be a part of any build (going no life with other mitigation should be a build option that is tricky rather than completely nonviable). You guys added in unique items for some flavour, but how do you guys feel about the ones with no added life? They may have seen play in ES builds, but probably won't see the light of day anymore.

    So many builds, regardless of class, have to race to the Scion life wheel ON TOP of taking high life rolls on every piece of gear. How does that allow for creative and dynamic character designs?

    These questions aren't rhetorical; I would definitely love to hear an answer and learn what piece of information or nuance I am missing.

    I am only playing because of the new content, so I will give the new patch a honest try. However if it weren't for the new content, I would have been long gone already, deeply regretting the money I spent on this game.


    I feel You bro. It's a discussion we are gatering peoples to support our visions in the main thread about it.
    Check the forum posts in here : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919
    See that You are not the only one who is seeing the great atrocity called "PoE 3.0 - The Rise of The Stupid CEO and the Fall of PoE".


    Has anyone who has a closer relationship to GGG had any dialogue?

    We can complain all we want, but a dialogue should be opened. Both sides of the story need to be reconciled so that the disconnect can be addressed.

    From what I see of the detail of the new content, but of the handling of game balance since the life and leech nerfs, as well as the creation of boss fight mechanics I can say this:

    GGG has great artistic talent, but they seem to lack critical thinking when it comes to game balance.

    Life spam being mandatory, life leech cap being far from enough for damage taken per second mitigation, as well as the new nerfs are all examples of the lack of addressing the root problems in their problem solving.

    Also since act 4 came out, GGG's answers were to put spammy bosses into small arenas (Malachai, Piety Mk2), instead of making better AI. 3.0 was a wonderful addition that was completely undermined with atrocious boss fight design. Worst offender being Brine king. Gorgeous arena, and actually makes sense to be in a small arena for once, but closes off the arena at points to being smaller than a flame blast, all the while spamming the entire area with AOE.
    Last edited by Lord_Tao on Aug 20, 2017, 1:04:44 PM
    "
    Lord_Tao wrote:
    "
    BlazeSTX wrote:
    "
    Lord_Tao wrote:
    So, GGG, please please tell me how you guys think it is good for the game that ALL character builds need every life node they can get PLUS life on every item to have the 4k+ HP pool required to do endgame content?


    How is it a good design decision to make gear nonviable if it has no added life?

    How was it a good design decision to tripple nerf ES which was only a symptom of the problem above?


    From what I see it is idiotic. Needing SOME added life should be a part of any build (going no life with other mitigation should be a build option that is tricky rather than completely nonviable). You guys added in unique items for some flavour, but how do you guys feel about the ones with no added life? They may have seen play in ES builds, but probably won't see the light of day anymore.

    So many builds, regardless of class, have to race to the Scion life wheel ON TOP of taking high life rolls on every piece of gear. How does that allow for creative and dynamic character designs?

    These questions aren't rhetorical; I would definitely love to hear an answer and learn what piece of information or nuance I am missing.

    I am only playing because of the new content, so I will give the new patch a honest try. However if it weren't for the new content, I would have been long gone already, deeply regretting the money I spent on this game.


    I feel You bro. It's a discussion we are gatering peoples to support our visions in the main thread about it.
    Check the forum posts in here : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919
    See that You are not the only one who is seeing the great atrocity called "PoE 3.0 - The Rise of The Stupid CEO and the Fall of PoE".


    Has anyone who has a closer relationship to GGG had any dialogue?

    We can complain all we want, but a dialogue should be opened. Both sides of the story need to be reconciled so that the disconnect can be addressed.

    From what I see of the detail of the new content, but of the handling of game balance since the life and leech nerfs, as well as the creation of boss fight mechanics I can say this:

    GGG has great artistic talent, but they seem to lack critical thinking when it comes to game balance.

    Life spam being mandatory, life leech cap being far from enough for damage taken per second mitigation, as well as the new nerfs are all examples of the lack of addressing the root problems in their problem solving.

    Also since act 4 came out, GGG's answers were to put spammy bosses into small arenas (Malachai, Piety Mk2), instead of making better AI. 3.0 was a wonderful addition that was completely undermined with atrocious boss fight design. Worst offender being Brine king. Gorgeous arena, and actually makes sense to be in a small arena for once, but closes off the arena at points to being smaller than a flame blast, all the while spamming the entire area with AOE.


    Yes this or increasing the HP of all map bosses to adjust them to guardians which is so uncalled for that i am seriously losing fun of mapping in general

    Some Bossfights take ages with any HP mod even (a friend took literally 10 minutes to kill a Port Boss with HP%+)

    mapping takes to long thx to bossfights now, and it's not rewarding at all either to kill the boss (Loot is mostly craprares and uniques)

    Why adjust T1-T15 boss HP to Guardians and keep the same Loottable?
    nice changes, now fix most of melee skills so they are not trash compared to bladeflurry


    oh and the bleed poison changes are aids aswell, thanks for crashing my voidheart build completely ^-^
    Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
    Last edited by Knampfclown on Aug 27, 2017, 5:26:05 AM

    Report Forum Post

    Report Account:

    Report Type

    Additional Info