Post your reason why you love doing labs.

"
XPhantasmaX wrote:
I struggle to figure out how people die to traps in lab. An all my lab experience, I NEVER died to a single trap in HC.

Is it too hard to figure out the (easy)patterns, or get enough movement speed to blow through?

For me, not playing hardcore, it's underestimating the damage they do. Especially the back-scratchers (rotating poles with spikes) when you run along with them.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I love doing labs, I like the layout, difficulty and uniqueness of them. The rewards at the end are quite justified and can pay out in massive ways to compensate. Not only in power progression but currency as well.

I also know that many people absolutely HATE this part of it, but the fact that it punishes you so harshly is one of my absolute favorite things about it. There are traps everywhere that no matter how high your character is, scale. It encourages people to take their time through the place yet people still try to just barrel roll through it and ultimately pay the consequences for it.

I have no issues with the labs and hope they don't change them in a way that makes them another mindless faceroll.
"
coaa wrote:
It encourages people to take their time through the place yet people still try to just barrel roll through it and ultimately pay the consequences for it.

Actually, if I'm carrying people through the lab, I will indeed rush through it without much penalty. With quick silver flasks, movement skills, and plenty of healing/regen, there's really not that much penalty for traps in the lab. There might be only one set of traps where I take my time within one entire lab run. But if I'm playing hardcore, I will indeed take my time, just because it pays to be cautious there. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I guess because once I finish it the torture is over, my character is stronger, and I get to open a few big ol chests

so I hate the lab, but like the rewards lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
XPhantasmaX wrote:
I struggle to figure out how people die to traps in lab. An all my lab experience, I NEVER died to a single trap in HC.

Is it too hard to figure out the (easy)patterns, or get enough movement speed to blow through?

For me, not playing hardcore, it's underestimating the damage they do. Especially the back-scratchers (rotating poles with spikes) when you run along with them.

Agreed. My experience is: traps are just annoying, although you can die if you are careless.

It's traps in conjunction with Izaro on a postage stamp in the last fight that is the ball buster, and I am talking uber-lab here, the other three labs are not an issue.

Anyway, to the theme of the post - I am a long time advocate for the abolishment of Lab. However, allow me to honor the spirit of this thread and add that I do enjoy the feeling of accomplishment finishing the lab and walking into the final room to your various rewards. I like the concept of challenge/reward for the ascendancy, I just don't like the disparate playstyle of regular PoE versus Lab PoE.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jun 21, 2017, 5:16:09 PM
One simple reason. It gives normal toons a chance to taste the excitement of hard core. Hard Core play is great, however, I am having connection issues right now, so HC is out of the question. I assume it has to do with all the changes.
I wouldn't say I love it but I don't want them changed really. The reward tree is pretty freaking great, and all games need that "I hate doing this but it's worth it" part. Most complaints seem to be make the lab easier, which is always the wrong way to go
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
...which clearly suggests your intention to provoke.

Correction is not provocation. Your passive aggressive OP set the tone long before I read it.

Back on topic...

I'm not opposed to changing the lab, not opposed to removing Ascendancy from the lab (provided they enable another reward), and not opposed to changing trap damage or layout. I enjoy the lab because it's something unique compared to the rest of PoE's content. It's not overly frustrating if you take your time, and only uber lab has a challenging final Izaro battle if you make one mistake. The lab itself is inventive and injects something new into an what would normally be rinse-n-repeat, grindy gameplay in an ARPG.

I interpret it as provocation rather than "correction" just like you interpreted it as "blackmail".
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Jun 21, 2017, 9:56:25 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Since I've blocked the OP for various reasons, I actually have no exposure to any snark or reverse psychology.

:)

If you've blocked me then why are you here?

Sounds contradicting again?

Hmmm i smelled hypocrisy here as also in here

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911005/page/4

Just Because Fallacy>>>>>>>

Refusing to respond to give reasons or evidence for a claim by stating yourself as the ultimate authority on the matter

Thanks for providing the link.

Seems like the right word to describe that fellow who used that phrase , "I feel this is the end of our discussion, since I know I'm right and you can't accept that. " and " but you're patently wrong ".

For my case, i used that phrase too but only using his original words against him. At least I provide explanation on how I derived at that conclusion to make those claims, unlike that guy lol.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Are you sure, YoursTruly, that cipher_nemo misinterpreted? After all, it is irrelevant what you thought you were writing, if cipher_nemo understood it as he explained above.
Or so someone said recently in a different thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912554/page/9; 2nd post. It's a bit hard to find, use CTRL + F:

OOOO why do you kept dodging all my arguments again and again and why are you here persistently starting an argument with me almost every single time that I made a thread?

When you said that "you are outs" or you "wanted to end the discussion" did you actually meant it or were you just using it as an quick escape route to evade all your embarrassing moments in those threads and thus gave yourself an easy way out to evade answering or giving any more rebuttals/replies? Now you're coming back again to provoke and at the same time start a new topic with me to argue while evading all the previous replies/arguments that I posted. If this were to continue on and on, it would only reflect that you are a true hypocrite and also a shameless sore loser and a persistent parasite that just won't me alone and do you know that [Removed by Support] It's a torture to communicate or discuss anything with a hypocrite who makes ever changing statements to suit his needs such that it became so inconsistent as well as to someone who have English comprehension issues.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912554/page/16 >> this is just one example

But uh rest assured, I won't be replying to you in the future that's because unlike you, I know what is the meaning of shame.

Thank God this post was not removed !!! I was wondering why this post was missing when looking for this post and I am very sure it was completely taken down for at least 5 mins.

Nonetheless, thank you Stacey_GGG for not removing it completely ; )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info