Post your reason why you love doing labs.

LOL even in a pro lab thread its 3/4 negative

..."tiny minority" rearing its head again
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 21, 2017, 10:28:40 PM
I like Uber Lab because it is difficult content that not everyone / every build can do, and is rewarded as such.

Contrast that to other content that not everyone can do like Shaper or Uber Atziri. The cost of running this content is so prohibitive that chain running them is not particularly profitable outside of maybe the first 1-2 weeks of a new league.

It's also fun for there to be content that has reasonably similar layouts so you can do short races to clear it; speed clearing the lab is quite fun. The lab feels substantially more tedious when you're doing it just once per character to get it over with - Izaro himself for instance is way more annoying when you're avoiding keys to make phase 3 easier.

I honestly could care less whether they continue to gate Ascendancy points behind doing Labs or not - I like doing the Labs myself but can't be bothered to carry people that aren't in-game friends.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
While the experience is flawed and can do with some streamlining, the Labyrinth really is unique in the PoE world.

One of the big reasons I like it. :-)

"
鬼殺し wrote:
The music is really good. Until act 5, it was Kamil's best PoE contribution. I could listen to that shit all day, and sometimes do.

We're on exactly the same page.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I do not like golden doors, but only because they're so predictable. You see a golden door on the tablet, you know there's a side area with a golden key and nothing else. It's a real downer.

Hate them too, wish they'd just make the lab one room longer if that's what they want. I hate backtracking for just a gold key. I helped carry someone through the lab recently, and it had a gold key room that was ONLY accessible via a secret passage. Really? That's double annoying. I enjoy finding secret passages, but not as a requirement for progressing.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
That aside, I love doing labyrinth, for reasons given.

Ditto. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'd be happy with something just as if not more punishing -- say, a golden key dropping from a random mob in an area with a golden door, which would suck but please for the love of Goddess at least it's something different!

Oh my, could you imagine the backlash from the lab farmers? lol. :-)

I'd rather just see a longer lab than a lab with a golden door. As is I just sort of deal with it, and it's not a problem, just an annoyance.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I like the lab in the context that I can make a lot of money doing it. People inflate its difficulty quite a bit so I can make ez money from enchants and uber runs from people who can't be bothered to learn how to do it themselves or just don't have enough gear to kill Izaro.

The lab itself is trash imho. Just don't enjoy it, especially the performance issues like green barrage attack. Only run it when I am low on money after a big purchase or 1x on each character I make.

....Side note, Charan, you said you have OP on block? Are you using a script or something or am I just dumb and never saw this functionality? Didn't even know you could block people...
I like the music and atmosphere of it. Izaro's voice actor.

I love the adrenaline rush it gives. I'm a softcore player. Would love to play hardcore but I can only get mobile internet to where I live, thus in the long term it bites me in the ass. Lab is a great place to feel what hardcore is (almost) about, momentarily. A special occasion on a gaming night or week if busy at work, something to look forward to experiencing the thrills and shills, especially the uberlab.
offtopic remark
Oh this thread gave me full 10 minutes of laughing, no disrespect to posters, but really, gd gets better than offtopic sometimes and being familiar with most of forum users it is even more interesting.

To be on topic pure and easy profits, by getting 1 lab entry, and carrying 5 people per uber run, you get 5 more free entries for future runs. Isnt that great?
Spreading salt since 2006
It educates. It makes you remember that even if you are lvl 100 full geared, you can still die with a well positioned trap. It educates specially that kind of ADHD players that feel they have the right to get everything for free and go everywhere they want because they think they are the reason this game exists. The lab slaps them in the face, giving them back humility and respect. Lab makes better people.

And Izaro, my true husbando.
Lab is love, lab is life.
Make a juggernaut,invest 5 chaos in gear,get rich by doing 4 key runs.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:

....Side note, Charan, you said you have OP on block? Are you using a script or something or am I just dumb and never saw this functionality? Didn't even know you could block people...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168

It's unofficial but GGG seem unfazed by it. It's sort of my 'out of sight, out of probation' tool. So far it's working.

Danke schoen!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info