Post your reason why you love doing labs.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The problem with "earning your power" is that by the time your character can do it, he doesn't need the extra power.

I disagree. The whole point of progression in this game is in getting more power to do higher level content - there is no such thing as not needing "the extra power". If you find that the lab bonuses are negligible while leveling, then maybe do them later when you do need them, or spend less time trading for bis gear.
I like doing the lab for the following reasons:
- change of pace
- loot
- exp
- enchantments
- for the challenge
- because I'm an egocentrical prick who likes to prove to himself that he's better than all those "hurr durr lab 2 stronk 4 me, ggg nurf plz" kind of guys
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I really like the labyrinth. I came back to the game when I heard that solo self-found was an actual league. TBH the lab had me pretty scared, since I play hardcore. It was truly intense going through it the first time, and many times after.

It feels perfectly balanced. I've had so many close calls where it felt like I lived by a hair's breadth, and yet I haven't experienced a single death in it. Still, even now, I'm afraid to try uber for the first time.

Great work GGG. The lab is a rush!
Strictly SSF HC legit dual-wield Duelist.
Women swoon at the sight of him
Men tremble at the thought of him
And few that face him in battle live to tell the tale.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
I am now creating this thread for people to discuss exclusively their reasons why they like doing labs since there are people who claimed that they do not have "strong platform" for them to voice out their reasons or they are "too busy" to create a thread on why people love doing labs.

I love the lab. I don't have to "defend" my appreciation of it to you or anyone else on the forum. You can experience all the butthurt you like, but it doesn't change one damn thing. Sorry.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 21, 2017, 9:14:49 AM
"
Sarno wrote:
You create a thread purely to mock other people for enjoying different things in a video game than you do, then turn around and ridicule them for supposedly being too busy to create a thread? I'm sorry, YoursTruly86, but I think most people are too busy for this bullshit.

Perhaps you are not so well-informed when you said that , " ridicule them for supposedly being too busy to create a thread" .

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912554/page/14 >>>>> "i would make and push a pro lab thread if i had the time. but sadly i didn't."

People really said that they do not have the time to make a "Like" thread for lab so get your facts right Sarno.

Your other thread is designed to be an echo chamber, which drastically limits its value. It has some merit as it can be useful to understand why someone dislikes particular content, but the instant you attempt to stifle discussion you give up any pretense of being constructive.

You are wrong. That is a thread intentionally labelled "hate for labs" and the fact that I said that their comments are irrelevant does not equates to "stifle discussion" because that really is a fact they are posting irrelevant comments. And if discussion is really stifle like you have falsely claimed, would people still be posting relevant comments if they felt that the discussion is truly "stifle"?

Answer is NO.

And, for the record, you have no right to dictate who is permitted to post in a thread on GGG's forum. If you desire that right then you're welcome to go create your own forum.

And for the record, I did not say that they cannot post in a thread on GGG's forum so get your facts right again! I merely stated they posted irrelevant comments in a thread. Know the difference.

And for the record, I have my rights to tell people that there're making irrelevant comments just like they have the right to comment on something on GGG's forum. Whether it is relevant or not relevant is another story but ultimately, I have the right to say they wrote irrelevant stuff so [Removed by Support] ty.

Check out the 2 paragraphs of words that I wrote below at the first page of the thread that I created.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
if they wish to debate on why lab is good versus why lab is cancer, I would gladly welcome it but please, not in this thread because its irrelevant to the topic of discussion.

Voicing out irrelevant stuff only gives the other people the impression that you do not understand what the topic is about or you lack the intelligence to make relevant and/or intelligent comments.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I PLEADED with them not to write irrelevant comments and wrote my reason why.

Please learn to differentiate what is dictate and what is plead.

[Removed by Support]

My replies in bold
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Jun 21, 2017, 9:46:21 PM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Oh, sorry.

I don't love the Labyrinth but I like the traps as a change from regular gameplay.
The Labyrinth is also pretty cool lore-wise.

I think I've also been a lot luckier than other players having only crashed in the Lab one or two times at the most, but I also don't grind the Lab for helm enchantments and only play one or two characters in a league so I suspect I manage to avoid the majority of Labyrinth-based pain.

The most I've ever done the Labyrinth was for the Perandus league challenges when I wanted to get 40/40.

Not to be a pest, but if you've created a thread for people who hate the Labyrinth and this thread for people who love it, were you planning to create a thread for people who don't feel very strongly one way or the other?

Nope
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Oh, sorry.

I don't love the Labyrinth but I like the traps as a change from regular gameplay.
The Labyrinth is also pretty cool lore-wise.

I think I've also been a lot luckier than other players having only crashed in the Lab one or two times at the most, but I also don't grind the Lab for helm enchantments and only play one or two characters in a league so I suspect I manage to avoid the majority of Labyrinth-based pain.

The most I've ever done the Labyrinth was for the Perandus league challenges when I wanted to get 40/40.

Not to be a pest, but if you've created a thread for people who hate the Labyrinth and this thread for people who love it, were you planning to create a thread for people who don't feel very strongly one way or the other?

Nope

That's fair enough.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
I am now creating this thread for people to discuss exclusively their reasons why they like doing labs since there are people who claimed that they do not have "strong platform" for them to voice out their reasons or they are "too busy" to create a thread on why people love doing labs.

I love the lab. I don't have to "defend" my appreciation of it to you or anyone else on the forum. You can experience all the butthurt you like, but it doesn't change one damn thing. Sorry.

How do you get that impression that I am "demanding" for it such that you have to "defend' for it? You can experience all the butthurt you like, but it doesn't change one damn thing either. Sorry.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

How do you get that impression that I am "demanding" for it such that you have to "defend' for it?

Maybe it's from the obvious intentions behind creating such a thread. Or maybe it's from the passive aggressive tone of it all. Sarno explained it well already, there's no point in anyone wasting their time here.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

How do you get that impression that I am "demanding" for it such that you have to "defend' for it?

Maybe it's from the obvious intentions behind creating such a thread. Or maybe it's from the passive aggressive tone of it all. Sarno explained it well already, there's no point in anyone wasting their time here.

Sarno explained it well? In what way did he explained it well? He explained it why by evading all my counter arguments?

And btw, Sarno made lots of accusations but without any real supporting arguments for all. I rebutted all his accusations easily. Why? [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Jun 21, 2017, 1:40:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info