Dual Totem Dual Curse EK Witch level 83 6.1k dps ( Video and Guide )

"
Avicularia wrote:
I'm using this full build / spec now. My friend is an EK maurader with comparable gear, and his EK does 3100 dps. However, mine does 2000 dps right now, and i have 2 of them. So i do more damage. Where he beats me though, is he can use bear traps. Other than that, this build is loads safer, AND you can shoot out 20 projectiles at once, take on two packs of mobs at once, less clear time, etc.

As far as hp, I'm sitting at 2100. I've been running gold lvl 68 maps and haven't come close to dying yet, i rarely ever get touched and when I do, it doesn't hurt much. My fire / cold / lightning is capped at 75%, and my chaos is at like -20% :/ But w/e, just gotta watch out for chaos!!!

This gear is transition gear, I already spent 3 exalted for regret orbs and gear, I just needed stuff that would work decently until I could get my end-game gear. So far, It is fking epic!! Tysm for giving me the idea OP.

I am very glad that you like my build :) Every player I ve partied in maps said my build is very good so I think this build is a huge success :)
I had one douchebag say that double EK totem was terrible, and that I needed to look up the mechanics of what made the spell good.

I was like well, what makes the spell good is lots of projectiles, fast casting, and high damage and crit. What make it bad is you 1 shot yourself. So instead of focusing on more tanky less damage, it's a totem so i can focus on more damage less tanky. Thats why I have 2 totems doing 2k dps each, and he only had his regular EK doing 3.1k damage.

Whatever though. I love this build and am literally rolling through maps with it like I'm farming cruel ledge or something.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Avicularia wrote:
I had one douchebag say that double EK totem was terrible, and that I needed to look up the mechanics of what made the spell good.

I was like well, what makes the spell good is lots of projectiles, fast casting, and high damage and crit. What make it bad is you 1 shot yourself. So instead of focusing on more tanky less damage, it's a totem so i can focus on more damage less tanky. Thats why I have 2 totems doing 2k dps each, and he only had his regular EK doing 3.1k damage.

Whatever though. I love this build and am literally rolling through maps with it like I'm farming cruel ledge or something.

In my opinion EK is the best spell in the game hands down. It scales enormously high damage in higher gem levels. It fires 10 projectiles so you don't need lmp, even chain. You can benefit from added fire damage support , hatred and some items that grant physical damage increase ( ex : The Magnate ).

The only downside is mana cost, physical reflect and close range which we overcome all of that at once with using totem :)
Does EK fire faster with faster casting on jewelry/gem or is it just the initial cast of the totem?

Will 20% projectile speed on my wand increase the rate at which EK is cast from totems?

Are spells player/party dependent or do you have 2 you use more than others? Will EK not benefit from crit gear unless it's global or spell? cause I've been casting vulnerability/crit weakness and sometimes enfeeble.

Also, I found a 5L (ilvl 42 :( ) evasion/armor chest... should I use this or sell it, an extra link would do a lot for us, no? Obviously I'd like to trade for somethign with ES but I'm approaching 2k HP @ 48 on hc and I've never played an ES build. can I sacrifice to be able to use the 5L?
^
Last edited by Mookie88 on Mar 2, 2013, 2:10:42 PM
"
Mookie88 wrote:
Does EK fire faster with faster casting on jewelry/gem or is it just the initial cast of the totem?

Both totem cast and totem's spell cast is supported by faster casting.
Unfortunately I already made an EK/EB shadow, but I can say that the build you made here is a creative solution to the physical reflect problem. The dual curse is also a fantastic idea. Not sure if this is stronger than a traditional EK, but it definitely looks cool.
"
Mookie88 wrote:

Will 20% projectile speed on my wand increase the rate at which EK is cast from totems?

Are spells player/party dependent or do you have 2 you use more than others? Will EK not benefit from crit gear unless it's global or spell? cause I've been casting vulnerability/crit weakness and sometimes enfeeble.

Also, I found a 5L (ilvl 42 :( ) evasion/armor chest... should I use this or sell it, an extra link would do a lot for us, no? Obviously I'd like to trade for somethign with ES but I'm approaching 2k HP @ 48 on hc and I've never played an ES build. can I sacrifice to be able to use the 5L?

Both totem cast and totem's spell cast is supported by faster casting.

Totem's use their caster's stats. So whatever you have in your items and passives affects the totem's too.

I always use Ethereal Knives. It is my only spell.

Since EK is a spell, it won't benefit from local critical mods in your weapon. EK uses its own critical chance which is %5. Only Global and Spell crit mods applies to EK. Critical Weakness applies spells too.

You could do well with 4l. Ethereal Knives / Spell Totem / Faster Proj / Added Fire Damage will work well. If you think you could handle the mana, you can go for 5l. I didn't even use 4l till level 60.

I'll be doing alot of work around this build, as far as theorycrafting etc.

You can put this link in your OP as a stream link. I stream whenever I play.

http://www.twitch.tv/protosori#
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

"
Avicularia wrote:
I'll be doing alot of work around this build, as far as theorycrafting etc.

You can put this link in your OP as a stream link. I stream whenever I play.

http://www.twitch.tv/protosori#

Added the link. Ty :)
Also here is a link that will milestone my progress, so we can push this build to it's limit.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/216016/page/1/#p1863619

Made an update on the gloves, as it turns out, Hatred freezes everything anyways, and the 25% physical to cold damage was just a wasted stat.

Streaming Now!

3-2-2013, 7:22 PM CST
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

Last edited by Avic_Hybana on Mar 2, 2013, 8:23:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info