Dual Totem Dual Curse EK Witch level 83 6.1k dps ( Video and Guide )

"
Unimatrix wrote:
Does Hatred work for your totems btw.? It has to, why else would you run it.

I'm starting to feel an itch to play this build ^^

Have you considered switching out Chain for Faster Projectiles? With totems you don't need the huge radius because you have to sources of the knives, but still. Chain is usually a bad idea mostly because it makes EK really really expensive. On a totem this might not matter that much.

I was thinking about a new EK build lately (I played various, mostly very tanky ones) that focuses more on actually hurting than being super-tanky. EK is strong anyway but I just got bored of being all defensive. And there was the mentioned reflect issue.

Using totems helps in both, going more offensively without having to worry about reflect and also you can be less tanky since you have your totems to attract most attention.

Definitely going to try this, I like it already - in theory at least.

Hatred adds 270 ish dps to ek if i use chain. 510 if i use faster projectiles.

With faster projectiles, tooltip dps rises to 3.5k dps which is insane i guess, on top of that mana cost reduces greatly. ( 356 with chain - 195 with fp )
I may actually switch to Faster Projectiles since with it I just 1 shot everything. Although, chain is a bit more effective for seperated mobs.

I am actually flattered that you like my build :) I have a power siphon wander and a LA ranger both 70+ . I have to admit this build is much more efficient. The only downside of this build I can think of is , lack of dexterity for EK , bear trap and haste. I had to find items with dex mods. Currently I have 63 dex coming from them and 30 dex from 1 passive point.

Also I am thinking of using Frenzy to get more cast speed.
Wow, 359 mana with Chain, that's a lot. Guess you almost need instant mana pots for that (although everyone says they are worthless :P). Ok, you're not running that many auras so it might work anyway.

You said it pretty much: Chain is for more spread out aoe. Faster Projectiles should get the job done as well, though. You got two different fans to work with anyway.

Yeah, as I said, I love EK anyway. And I used to love double totem builds (in CB) - no clue why I didn't try this myself yet. Looks good, consider me rolling this asap!

Thanks for sharing btw.

€: Oh, I forgot one thing:

I'm not sure why you got the elemental damage nodes. I know you deal partially elemental dmg thanks to Hatred and AFD, but I'm not convinced those are ideal. Maybe grabbing more crit/multiplier is a better way to go. Since the main portion of your dmg is physical.
Last edited by Unimatrix on Feb 25, 2013, 8:30:49 AM
"
Unimatrix wrote:
Wow, 359 mana with Chain, that's a lot. Guess you almost need instant mana pots for that (although everyone says they are worthless :P). Ok, you're not running that many auras so it might work anyway.

You said it pretty much: Chain is for more spread out aoe. Faster Projectiles should get the job done as well, though. You got two different fans to work with anyway.

Yeah, as I said, I love EK anyway. And I used to love double totem builds (in CB) - no clue why I didn't try this myself yet. Looks good, consider me rolling this asap!

Thanks for sharing btw.

€: Oh, I forgot one thing:

I'm not sure why you got the elemental damage nodes. I know you deal partially elemental dmg thanks to Hatred and AFD, but I'm not convinced those are ideal. Maybe grabbing more crit/multiplier is a better way to go. Since the main portion of your dmg is physical.

Yea I used instant mana pots for a while till Eldritch Battery and high level clarity. I had no problems spamming totems with 100 mana regen.

And yes elemental nodes wont help much for dps, yet 1 of them includes all res ( celestial walker ) , 2 of them at shadow area are just a path to get %8 projectile dmg nodes.

I wouldn't go for crit nodes, since ek has only %5 base crit chance, it does not worth the trouble I think. If I drop 3 of my elemental nodes , I can get %45,%15 and %20 crit nodes which adds like %4 crit chance. Its against %20 inc elemental damage.
You are right about the crit thing, that's most likely not worth it. I might think about adding more cast speed, that always helps (as long as the gear is missing anyway).

Btw., why did you get the 3 8% life nodes in the shadow area? And why did you skip the +20 health node in the other circle? I'd rather scratch the 3 8%'s, get the +20 health node and maybe work on the other fitness cluster just under CI. Especially if you consider using Iron Will any time.

I shifted around a couple health nodes. It's not big deal bit this tseems to make more sense to me.

This also allows you to get to the shadow projectile nodes via Acceleration. Which is just one wasted point - and you get 20 dex also, which isn't exactly fancy or anything but it's not completely useless.
Last edited by Unimatrix on Feb 25, 2013, 10:34:15 AM
"
Unimatrix wrote:
You are right about the crit thing, that's most likely not worth it. I might think about adding more cast speed, that always helps (as long as the gear is missing anyway).

Btw., why did you get the 3 8% life nodes in the shadow area? And why did you skip the +20 health node in the other circle? I'd rather scratch the 3 8%'s, get the +20 health node and maybe work on the other fitness cluster just under CI. Especially if you consider using Iron Will any time.

I shifted around a couple health nodes. It's not big deal bit this tseems to make more sense to me.

This also allows you to get to the shadow projectile nodes via Acceleration. Which is just one wasted point - and you get 20 dex also, which isn't exactly fancy or anything but it's not completely useless.

20 life is not better than %8 nodes, if my math is right. And yes I plan to spend my next passives to the life nodes under CI.

I totally forgot about the 20 dex bonus on attack speed :) This may help to level haste and bear trap actually. Also , I could use that attack speed on Frenzy to gain charges.
Well, I guess the +20 life node depends on your gear. If you have tons of life already it might not make that big of a difference. I didn't calculate anything, I just know that my health always skyrockets when I pick nodes with +xx health ^^ Those usually are +30s, though.
I'll just trust you on that one.
Interesting build, I loved dual totems in CB, but now its not the same anymore.

Just one thing, as I saw:

"
zekerferc wrote:
My aim is to get 6l chest and link with added lightning damage. Then I will get Shock passives.

The dmg from added lightning, even with a bit more lightning dmg, would in no way be sufficient to create a shock effect on any mob on higher lvls.

With that many hits, blind might be an option.
Or other support gems that get you more dmg.
[edit:] Faster Projectiles might well possibly be the best choice in this case.
Last edited by Taipion on Feb 25, 2013, 11:54:31 AM
"
Taipion wrote:
Interesting build, I loved dual totems in CB, but now its not the same anymore.

Just one thing, as I saw:

"
zekerferc wrote:
My aim is to get 6l chest and link with added lightning damage. Then I will get Shock passives.

The dmg from added lightning, even with a bit more lightning dmg, would in no way be sufficient to create a shock effect on any mob on higher lvls.

With that many hits, blind might be an option.
Or other support gems that get you more dmg.
[edit:] Faster Projectiles might well possibly be the best choice in this case.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Yeah I guess I will not go for shock and lightning damage. Instead I am considering to get Iron will.

Also, added a gameplay video :)
Bump :)
Hey,

I had a look over it and the damage potential is really appealing, especially since you can just drop a totem and forget about it. The only problem I have is that it's somewhat squishy, and instead of picking up more health I figured investing in meat shields would be a good idea.

I also dropped the dual curse. I figure that since the killing speed is so fast, having two curses isn't that important. Even on bosses, I would personally give up a curse for more zombies.

I cleaned up the shadow tree side of things. Since as you said the crit damage is so low, there's no point in speccing into it. Instead, I put those points into getting that strength node and the fitness node to the north of the shadow tree. I also got acceleration, just for the +20dex and the other projectile damage node. I also dropped the two elemenal damage and the blaze node from the shadow tree, because the blaze in the witch tree is better (though I didn't get it).

Lastly I made some effort to get dex nodes and a strength node for a total of 50+ more dex and +30 strength so the build isn't as reliant on items for stats.

You could also drop a zombie group to pick up the 3 node nimbleness group for 10% cast speed.

Anyways, this is my personal variation of the build. I'm going to look it over using the downloadable skill tree and get some real numbers to compare to yours, but if it looks good I'll be rolling this witch once I get home.

Let me know what you think
Single Curse Summoner Variation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info