Dual Totem Dual Curse EK Witch level 83 6.1k dps ( Video and Guide )

"
ShadowyDream wrote:
Could be a stupid question, but I noticed that on your passive tree you took acceleration.

Is that just for the dexterity, or does the +12% IAS apply to EK even though its attack speed and not cast speed?

That's just for the dexterity. Attack speed does nothing for spells and EK is a spell.
Thats what I figured, but when I first saw the node and started typing I didn't even remember that acceleration came with dex lol (my other builds just really care about the IAS), and I just realized it was probably for the dex as I finished typing so I figured I might as well check.
Noob question~What does totems hp base on?"Totems use their own stats beside casting spell(being hit)" GGG staff said something like that.At first i run this build with EB,3000Hp and totems are weak,but they can cast at least 2 or 3 times.Since i respec to CI,my damn world just get ruined~even phy rare mobs can put totems down in 2 hit.In this case,running 70+maps are missions impossible to me.What does totems hp really base on?Looking for help from you guys!thanks in advance and feel sorry for my english.
"
zekerferc wrote:
Although I will need Life Leech in one of the sockets. And Mana regen and active mana pool would be too low.

Btw,whats life leech for? :D I cant figure it out.
I'm not 100% sure about totem life. As far as I know from CB (where I had the same question once), it's only affected by the passives.

On my dual Incinerate Totem char, which uses CI, I have the feeling the totems are way more squishy. But it's hard to compare, since EK totems have knockback and stun with the massive hits.

So basically I'm just not sure ^^
"
Unimatrix wrote:
I have the feeling the totems are way more squishy. But it's hard to compare, since EK totems have knockback and stun with the massive hits.

IMO the only way totems can survive is killing all mobs instantly.For now,i have to cast totems all the time in maps and That's slowed me down badly.Maybe go to play a new char,waiting for a patch buff it :D
Last edited by BuyanShi on Apr 1, 2013, 11:08:54 AM
"
BuyanShi wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:
I have the feeling the totems are way more squishy. But it's hard to compare, since EK totems have knockback and stun with the massive hits.

IMO the only way totems can survive is killing all mobs instantly.For now,i have to cast totems all the time in maps and That's slowed me down badly.Maybe go to play a new char,waiting for a patch buff it :D

You do? With this build? Against what kind of mobs?

I have to recast them, but not at a rate where it would have a big impact on my performance. I tend to constantly reposition them anyway.
I'm on dual incinerate for a while now and enjoy it but have some thoughts about them when I compare with EK totems, I might be totally wron,g though but some input would be well appreciated.

As I see it now (in maps 66-67-68-69 atm) my totems die instantly depending the mobs they face.

Recasting is not a problem ofcourse and the packs go down after a while anyway (adding frost wall and fire/conversion traps).

BUT

Incinerate needs to build up charges to have their full potential.

In some encounters, they go down so quickly that i'm pretty sure that they just can't reach their full potential.

EK tends to do full damage from start..............therefor i'm wondering if EK totems aren't just better just because they don't need to "charge up".

I short terms , recasting totems a lot with EK wouldn't much affect the damage they do on mobs, recasting INCI totems will certainly have an impact on their dmg output or do I see this wrong ?

Kind regards
You are correct. I happen to have both chars, so I can comment on it.

The ramp-up time for Incinerate totems isn't that huge, but it's obviously there.

EK totems also deal bigger hits, stunning mobs quite often (plus knockback when using proj.weakness) which leads to greater survivability of totems.

I love the Incinerate build, but the EK build is stronger - imo.

That is especially true for solo play.

Incinerate Totems also require you to play a little bit differently. Optimally, you'd want to gather as many mobs as possible and burn them down at once, to take advantage of the highest stage of Incinerate.

That is not always an easy task, or simply hinders your efficiency. And a party would have to adapt to you. I think the most fun with Incinerate totems would be to play in a duo with a big nasty tank to gather stuff and keep your totems safe. Or a party that does just that.

All in all, both builds work and are really fun. But EK is a tad bit stronger, as in, more faceroll ^^
For totem survivability, you have to cast them a few blocks away from mobs.
Casting Enfeeble, before summoning the totems is a good idea as well.
Adding "Hatred" on the totems is vital, cause you freeze them.
On 70 lvl maps without Enfeeble, Bosses 1-shot the totems.
Faster Projectiles increase the "range" of the projectiles A LOT.

An other idea is to add "life steal" or "life on hit" if you want totems to stay alive longer.
For even better survivability summon zombies and skeles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info