Dual Totem Dual Curse EK Witch level 83 6.1k dps ( Video and Guide )

Hey man, I just spent 3+ exalt switching every piece of gear over from pure summoner.

So far I have yet to socket / link / color the items to be where they need, nor do i have all the aura's / curse i will need.

I just ran out of currency and still have about 30 regret orbs to buy xD

Here is the armor I currently have for this spec, and it's soloing docks merciless very fluidly at lvl 62.

Let me know what you think about the gear, it's not meant to be end all be all gear, but it is meant to hold up in maps etc. until i get those 20 exalt chest pieces and such lol.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Yokaranu wrote:

Because I think it would not give too much improvement. I run Clarity, Discipline , Haste and Hatred. I already feel that mana regen is enough. I also think that dps gain from %30 increase to Hatred and Haste is too low the worth spending passives. I think Inner Force becomes a must have , only if you wanna run Anger and Wrath, which is not our case.

On the other hand, in your tree you lack some very important hp nodes. 8-8-18 hp nodes under the shock area and 8-8-8-10 hp nodes at upper templar area.
"
Avicularia wrote:
Hey man, I just spent 3+ exalt switching every piece of gear over from pure summoner.

So far I have yet to socket / link / color the items to be where they need, nor do i have all the aura's / curse i will need.

I just ran out of currency and still have about 30 regret orbs to buy xD

Here is the armor I currently have for this spec, and it's soloing docks merciless very fluidly at lvl 62.

Let me know what you think about the gear, it's not meant to be end all be all gear, but it is meant to hold up in maps etc. until i get those 20 exalt chest pieces and such lol.

Resistances are very good. Loved the shield. Life is ok.

Wand is ok for now. But you should aim for 100+ total spell damage. I also used Hrimsorrow for a while but I dont think that converted cold damage is a good idea. It is okay though, until you get Maligaro's. Rings and amu could have some hp and cast speed.

For maps, you could use a bit more hp, but your resistances can cover up for it I guess. I have 55 fire, 30 cold and 55 lightning. Tentacle Miscreations and Arc casters are my worst enemy :) And if i get frozen in tough situations, i just log out like a girl :) I never had a hard time against Chaos bombers. I dont think Chaos resistance worth spending currency.
I'm trying this on hc, trying to build up some power now. I'm liking the dual curse and the killing ability of EK is decent. I'll keep you posted.

^
does having aura like hatred and wrath affect the EK on totems?
IGN: flaxburn
"
crunchz87 wrote:
does having aura like hatred and wrath affect the EK on totems?

EK deals physical damage. Hatred adds %X of physical damage to cold damage so it works.
However, wrath won't affect it because it applies only to attacks whereas Ek is a spell.
ok thanks for clearing it up, mind if I ask whats the difference of being a dual totem EK with a EK, besides those reflect mobs? would solo EK deal much more damage?
IGN: flaxburn
"
crunchz87 wrote:
ok thanks for clearing it up, mind if I ask whats the difference of being a dual totem EK with a EK, besides those reflect mobs? would solo EK deal much more damage?

EK without totem pros

- Damage is higher on paper.
- You don't have to waste your 1 socket for spell totem.
- You can pick some dps or hp passives instead of picking totem passives.

Dual Totem EK pros

- You can place a totem under the mob while you are miles away. Better survival. You need to be close to the mob if you are using regular EK.
- Damage is low on paper. But currently I have enough dps for killing most of the map mobs in 1-2 shot with 1 totem. Also you can put 2 totems at the same time. Actually this makes more dps.
- Better gameplay experience. You need to place your totems in strategic positions on some occasions. It is not mindlessly spamming your spells.
- You don't need to spend your money and passives too much for defensive purposes.
Last edited by zekerferc on Mar 2, 2013, 4:26:00 AM
I'm using this full build / spec now. My friend is an EK maurader with comparable gear, and his EK does 3100 dps. However, mine does 2000 dps right now, and i have 2 of them. So i do more damage. Where he beats me though, is he can use bear traps. Other than that, this build is loads safer, AND you can shoot out 20 projectiles at once, take on two packs of mobs at once, less clear time, etc.

As far as hp, I'm sitting at 2100. I've been running gold lvl 68 maps and haven't come close to dying yet, i rarely ever get touched and when I do, it doesn't hurt much. My fire / cold / lightning is capped at 75%, and my chaos is at like -20% :/ But w/e, just gotta watch out for chaos!!!

This gear is transition gear, I already spent 3 exalted for regret orbs and gear, I just needed stuff that would work decently until I could get my end-game gear. So far, It is fking epic!! Tysm for giving me the idea OP.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info