[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

yeah but why do you want a single target spell to be a weaker aoe spell when you could make a strong aoe spell? Also the wait for the delay is kinda what is a no go, if you want to leach hp with spells
also update on my progress got lvl 3 lab done with only a 3 link staff and the rest average gear. 3k hp 500 es and 900 mana with 2 heralds activated. Lets see where it can go. I just feel my defense is shit. Dont have high ES or armor or evasion really much lol
Hey man, loving what I'm reading so far! I was wondering if you can make a quick beta video, going through your gear and a quick map? I would love to see how it works/how much EHP you have without a 5 off color belly. That's the only thing that is putting me off trying it. If you could add a beta video that would be amazing man, thanks!

P.S. I know the vorici method, but it's still kinda eh in my mind.
"
bahnschranke wrote:
of i see! well, if u change CE for iAOE is the radius of storm call basicly the same as shock nova?

Hi, my logic is based on what Hasiboo is saying. Storm Call has a bit of a delay in casting which makes it a little less attractive for clearing.

You take two spells and make them good at what they're good at, rather than trying to mix them in the middle.

Shock Nova also has a slightly wider AOE vs Storm Call, so that makes it much better for clearing :)
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
Hasiboo wrote:
also update on my progress got lvl 3 lab done with only a 3 link staff and the rest average gear. 3k hp 500 es and 900 mana with 2 heralds activated. Lets see where it can go. I just feel my defense is shit. Dont have high ES or armor or evasion really much lol

Sweet, thanks!
"
Nowlech wrote:
Hey man, loving what I'm reading so far! I was wondering if you can make a quick beta video, going through your gear and a quick map? I would love to see how it works/how much EHP you have without a 5 off color belly. That's the only thing that is putting me off trying it. If you could add a beta video that would be amazing man, thanks!

P.S. I know the vorici method, but it's still kinda eh in my mind.

Hi, I'm working on making a beta video as quickly as possible :)

Right now I'm only level 43 in beta, unfortunately I haven't had much time to play since the relaunch.

I'm rocking a 5L staff at the moment, done normal lab with no issues. Once I hit 70ish I'll post updated videos of mapping in beta. If you'd like, I could also post something from Standard for more end-game things.

My experience in Beta was that everything was generally a breeze until Innocence, died a few times during the fight, but after that things were super smooth until Brine King or so. Deaths were next to none, even with bad gear.

There was a gear curve around mapping time, but I think that's normal when trying to hit max res and getting some hp.

As for the Belly, yea I was referring to the Vorici method. I helped another poster in this thread get a 5B1R Belly that way, took about 1.5k jewellers for him due to bad RNG, now he has to work on the 6L :)

If you're looking for a cheap alternative (which truthfully is the one I used before attempting a Belly) get an Armor / ES based hybrid 6L for a few chaos. I think I spent 30 or so on the base itself and use Essence of Greed.

This is what I ended up with for the first few videos I posted:

Difference is about 3-400 HP overall. The poster I helped also confirmed the difference ingame.
"

Difference is about 3-400 HP overall. The poster I helped also confirmed the difference ingame.

So from that chest, to a belly is only 200-300 life?

Also, would the armour and energy shield variant of atziri's splendor be good? I feel like the +100 flat life, the 100 life and mana gained on kill would be amazing for this build
Last edited by Nowlech on Jul 9, 2017, 4:23:28 AM
"
Nowlech wrote:
"

Also, would the armour and energy shield variant of atziri's splendor be good? I feel like the +100 flat life, the 100 life and mana gained on kill would be amazing for this build

The difference is closer to 400 than 300. With 20-30 HP difference from Splendor you'd probably land around 4.8k life depending on other gear.

I'll see if I can get my hands on one for testing and update you :)
"
Nowlech wrote:
"

Life with this chest: 5010

Life with Belly: 5375

So 360 HP difference.

As for clearing, I don't really notice a difference. We are leeching a lot with HoT, mana has never really been an issue for me.

The only difference may be the budget, but I prefer more HP for survivability. For clearing I guess it's ok, although I usually stay topped off anyways on kills.
Why go armor mix with this build rather than pure es?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info