[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

"
Brentyfresh wrote:
"
Normal: Shaper of Desolation
Cruel: Liege of the Primordial
Merciless: Beacon of Ruin
Uber: Paragon of Calamity

Thanks for doing all this research for those of us without beta access!

How important are the Elementalist passives? Could this same build work as an Inquisitor for more sweet crit action?

Yes, this could work as an inquisitor. You would have to make a few changes in the gems though!

I would probably go:

Righteous Providence
Inevitable Judgement
Instruments of Virtue
Augury of Penitence

You would have to drop a golem. Additionally you can change the curse or drop it completely since you don't need conductivity.

FYI for the rest:

I have a lvl 21 Shock Nova in my hands and am close to 100k DPS with charges.

I changed the tree for MoM and like the extra tankiness! Additionally, I am wearing:

instead of the previous armor.

I'll try and post an updated video in the next few days :)
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Last edited by Darksagex on Jun 25, 2017, 4:41:01 PM
"
Darksagex wrote:
"
Brentyfresh wrote:
"
Normal: Shaper of Desolation
Cruel: Liege of the Primordial
Merciless: Beacon of Ruin
Uber: Paragon of Calamity

Thanks for doing all this research for those of us without beta access!

How important are the Elementalist passives? Could this same build work as an Inquisitor for more sweet crit action?

Yes, this could work as an inquisitor. You would have to make a few changes in the gems though!

I would probably go:

Righteous Providence
Inevitable Judgement
Instruments of Virtue
Augury of Penitence

You would have to drop a golem. Additionally you can change the curse or drop it completely since you don't need conductivity.

FYI for the rest:

I have a lvl 21 Shock Nova in my hands and am close to 100k DPS with charges.

I changed the tree for MoM and like the extra tankiness! Additionally, I am wearing:

instead of the previous armor.

I'll try and post an updated video in the next few days :)

You're welcome and thanks again. I think after playing with the build a bit that I like your elementalist version better, maybe with a more defensive curse instead of conductivity. Out of curiosity, what did you drop for MoM? I checked your tree and didn't see it on there.
"
Brentyfresh wrote:

You're welcome and thanks again. I think after playing with the build a bit that I like your elementalist version better, maybe with a more defensive curse instead of conductivity. Out of curiosity, what did you drop for MoM? I checked your tree and didn't see it on there.

Glad you like it :)

My current tree has MoM (check Marillah under my profile, it's definitely there!) I dropped life nodes around the Constitution Wheel (replaced 4 for Heart and Soul!) and 2 DPS ones. Net loss with belly is 200 hp, however, we get MoM! I currently have 1415 Mana after heralds, which offers us a much higher EHP pool than the 200 flat hp.

I am testing it a bit more, as well as am toying with the suggestion of using jewel sockets instead of life/mana reduction nodes.

I'll update the tree as soon as I am finished testing :)
Last edited by Darksagex on Jun 28, 2017, 6:05:58 AM
Update:

Thank you all for the great feedback!

I took supertaffer's and Inkira's advice and made a few tweaks to the build:

I dropped the HP/Reduced Mana nodes in favor of 3 jewel sockets. Additionally, I added MoM to the build, since we have a ton of mana from Pledge of Hands.

3 jewel sockets offer us HP as well as a bunch of offensive stats.
MoM is absolutely great! I noticed the build is MUCH tankier with it, which makes taking hits more forgivable.
DPS from Shock Nova has gone from 66k to 106k with charges.
DPS from Storm Call has gone up to 24,8k with charges.

Thanks to you both!

I've updated the tree as well as my gear.

T15 Colonnade video coming soon as well as my jewels.
Added T15 Colonnade video.
So I looking for another build to try in Legacy after my 92 Zerker cyclone before the league ends and decided to give this a try.

Have to say, levelling with firestorm was painful as hell as expected and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Once you can equip the staff and a decent 6L chest this build is a thing of beauty I absolutely love it :D

Currently sitting around 80% crit chance without charges (I stack lightning res on everything I can like a madman) and watching everything explode in a shower of lightning and cold is absolute madness.

Super fun to play !

Just when I was wondering why you weren't taking MoM and why so few jewels I hit F5 on the page and realized you had change it to incorporate those. Can confirm that with MoM you can take a shitload more hits without flinching...

Super fun build and seems very effective so far, thanks for posting this man !

No belly for me yet so using a 6L life/res chest with kind of a low life roll, I do have a 6L one on my zerker but doubt I have enough chromatics to turn it into a 5B 1R seeing how my chromatic luck is.
Wouldn't going for mastermind of discord be better than going for beacon of ruin.

Also I would be surprised if lightning pen wasn't better than Crit strikes or controlled destruction.
"
NayleenMT wrote:
So I looking for another build to try in Legacy after my 92 Zerker cyclone before the league ends and decided to give this a try.

Have to say, levelling with firestorm was painful as hell as expected and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Once you can equip the staff and a decent 6L chest this build is a thing of beauty I absolutely love it :D

Currently sitting around 80% crit chance without charges (I stack lightning res on everything I can like a madman) and watching everything explode in a shower of lightning and cold is absolute madness.

Super fun to play !

Just when I was wondering why you weren't taking MoM and why so few jewels I hit F5 on the page and realized you had change it to incorporate those. Can confirm that with MoM you can take a shitload more hits without flinching...

Super fun build and seems very effective so far, thanks for posting this man !

No belly for me yet so using a 6L life/res chest with kind of a low life roll, I do have a 6L one on my zerker but doubt I have enough chromatics to turn it into a 5B 1R seeing how my chromatic luck is.

Awesome! Glad you like it!

You're right about the resistance, the more you stack the more damage you get with choir. Jewel sockets help a lot, and it's absolutely fun watching everything explode around you :)

Yea, I had been busy for a few days and was testing MoM along with the jewels. The build is MUCH tankier with it, since with PoH we already have a decent sized mana pool.

As for the body armour, a decent rare one is fine, you can spam

until you get rolls you want. Most easy to color is an armor/es base.

Regarding coloring belly: there is an easy way to get the colors you need via Vorici craft. I spent in total 125 chromes, 1k jewellers, and 6 fusing (lucky!) to get the 5 off color. If you need me to explain it to you in-game, feel free to add me and I'll help you out!
Last edited by Darksagex on Jun 28, 2017, 12:27:10 PM
"
Grimm101 wrote:
Wouldn't going for mastermind of discord be better than going for beacon of ruin.

Also I would be surprised if lightning pen wasn't better than Crit strikes or controlled destruction.

Mastermind of Discord doesn't really work for this build since we are only using Lightning skills, which would allow us to penetrate fire resistance, which is of no use to us.

You could "technically" summon an ice golem or activate HoI. I tried something similar with a previous build and found it extremely annoying to get the bonus.

Beacon of Ruin allows our status ailments to spread to nearby monsters, since we are always inflicting status ailments.

As far as lightning penetration goes, we use conductivity which gives us 44% penetration.
I doubt this build has any issues in clearing maps through t15s so that is why I brought up mastermind of discord. These would help in this builds biggest weakness which would be Guardians and other bosses where your conductivity only provides 14% or 8% reduced resists. This a bigger concern come 3.0 where all bosses have double the life.

Come 3.0 ignites will be useless without direct scaling so that bonus is worthless. You are crit lightning so you will already be shocking everything. So basically your spending 4 ascendancy points for freeze. Which again does nothing on any bosses past T15 due to how freeze mechanics work.

Ice golem counts as a cold spell and all it would take is re summoning it before engaging bosses to proc Mastermind.

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPsAByMAAHoEBwSzBUIHHgj0DkgPxBEtEZYTcRZvHRQgbiL0JpUqCyycMtE6WDt8PAU9X0GWRKtFR0WdSU9JUUyzUDBSU1NSVUtVrlXGWK5d8l6lYeJo8mpDbAttGXBSfIN_xoIQgpuD24UyidOMNo5kj0aPpo_6kyeVLpctl5WX9Jo7muCf36IAoqOnCK6ztvq4yrmTvKq86sBUwGbDCdD1217fsONq6-7r9e988B_w1fId96b60tAf7-sc3I8avoqhL-w4OtgnL5BVGjiFe2ZUMFuslx2DFr8rChEv7TzVpiSqNukvnRbzJjwTNRek1AfcjZD6321Mi-9LAAAAAAA=

Would be the tree I would go for. I would drop conductivity which would allow you to run rapid decay in lightning warp. Also I would consider dropping herald of thunder for wrath in an essence wurm or blasphemy warlords mark for more damage or more consistent leech. Also going for blood drinker and/or devotion is more efficient than going for scion life wheel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info