[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

I was playing around with the thought of using knockback in this build somehow to negate and push away these physical hitting mobs that seem to be the death of this build.

Would that actually work? Just hit 82~. Still just using Shock Nova and some trash armor without sockets since I can't afford the Belly yet. On Tier 8 now with problems in some maps/mobs/bosses.

"
werchiel wrote:

PS.
Vaal Pact would help - well stacked storm call should be a full heal, the only problem is its proximity (or lack thereof) to the rest of our tree.

Couldn't you just ignore the hp node on the left side which you have to use like 8 points to get and go for Vaal Pact instead?

Was thinking of taking Siphon Soul and Deep Thoughts for mana for more EHP
So, I went with a different route, dual void batterys and shock nova in a tempest mask. Lvl 70 atm and shock nova is around 70k with 8charges up with a lvl 17 gem.

Will land around 5.5-6k life and use vaal pact.

Single target is still a pain even with 6l storm called linked with; SC-echo-light pen-less duration-conc eff-empower 4 but my gems are still only lvl 17/18 so it will get better.

Build overall is super fun and so friggin fast with lightning warp-less dur-faster ast-swift affliction.

If u wanna check the char out its; eldvattenblixtarpewpew
Thanks for posting this ultra-malleable build.

i've been having fun swapping and trading up various combinations of equipment to master the intricacies of the build.

Lvl 75 and completed 22 bonus points on the Atlas so far, solo.

Still using a wand/spirit shield combination to make up for the lack of the amazing 6L Staff you've made, so I've left off the staff dmg points from the tree, adding elemental dmg instead and pumping up life.

I only ever die when the game lags during a surprise Harbinger encounter, or when a boss does a one-hit death.

The vinktars flask is a masterful addition so far.

I do want to know your secret to cheaply crafting the 6L staff and body armor. I'm stumped.

Thanks again for the inspiring build. It's my most powerful in PoE so far.
I agree I love this build even if i often die due to my lack of skill XD

I want to know the secret for cheap staff and armour too !

Thanks for all your works.
Ive been looking for a purely storm call build but there are none. This is the only one that comes close. I just wanna ask, is it possible to play this build with only Storm Call as skill? I dont lika Shock nova, I wanna play with storm call.
Hello! :D

I have to say this build looks fun to play. I'm thinking of trying it out very soon!

I just have one question: I've never been a fan of the elementalist ascendancy, so would you consider playing either as inquisitor, or as ascendant with elementalist+inquisitor? Considering we play with crits, it seems to me like a good option - but I'm still beginning at theory crafting, I might be completely wrong.

Thanks in advance, and HF! :)
Hi I found this thread after some searching. I am thinking about making a Storm Call character for upcoming 10 day race.

I had a couple of questions - Has anyone tried using a Carcass Jack? I suspect that may boost dmg and be easier to roll the colors you want then off coloring Belly of the Beast.

Is 6 link pledge of hands needed for mapping? Do you need full 6 link for clearing trash mobs could you run shock nova in a four link and then use dagger with good crit multi roll that way you could use whirling blades instead of lightning warp to proc fortify for extra tank. I have a crit based pledge character in current Harbinger league (using Ethereal Knives - and I find mapping miserable because lightning warp feels terrible).

My last question is more of a comment/thought rather than trying to scale crit can you go Elemental Overload and use orb of storms to proc it (you could also use this for curse on hit setup). From a cursory look at path of building I can get similar/slightly higher damage by specing out of crit nodes and into EO and stuff like lightning wheel above Witch area. I think single target might be better with this tree too because you don't need to keep up power charges during boss fight then. I did both comparisons without gear though I think if you scale crit multi on gear could get dps much higher in crit build. I'd be keen to hear thoughts if people had played both versions.

Thanks
I ended up making a storm call build to test out. I went with a Scion (Ele/Inquis ascendencies) over pure elementalist because I wanted to be able to easily get AOE nodes near scion start.

I'm level 80 currently and have cleared maps up to T12 very cleanly It has not cost me a lot as I've been mostly using gear I had from other characters in the league. I did spend about 15C on a Doriyani's Catalyst and around 30C on a Choir of the Storm - Doriyani's was huge boost (gives leech and attacks speed, for faster shiled charge along with a boat load of ele dmg) choir was more of a luxury imo. Other than that I used re-purposed gear from a couple of other characters. My league Starter was Arc so I had rings/flasks etc I could resuse along with a 6L chest in colors I wanted.

I've been using Storm Call for both single target and clear seems to be working pretty well with the AOE nodes on tree it feels decent to map with (even with conc effect in). I ended up going for elemental overload over trying to scale crit feels pretty nice to use orb of storms to proce Ele-Overload and apply curse on hit warlord's mark. I had originally planned to path to Vaal Pact but at the moment I feel ok with leech I have. I have a vessel of vinktar on another character I can try out too if I feel like I need a bit more leech probably worth using for guranteed shock on bosses too.

Here is my current tree if anyone wants to try something similar:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.2/AAAABAABAQQHBLMHHghnCPQJ2Q5IEFgRDxEtEZYUsBW4Fr8YPBo4G_Ec3B2DIFkmlScvKPosnDBbMtE2iTpYOtg64TwFPEs9X0GHRKtFR0WdSU9JUUwtTLNSU1NSVEdVS1WuVcZWSFgXXfJh4me9akNtGXYRfIN-r37Hf8aCEIIegpuCx4PbhTKIQow2jRmPppBVkzqVLpYyly2XlZf0mjua4J2unsSf36IAoj6mvqcIq7qsl6yYtz64k7yqvOq9J8BmwcXIW8pG1abYJNi937Dhc-Kt5Yvr7uw47TzvfPAf8NXyRfTp-ej-Cg==

I plan on taking witch starting location once I've done Uber Lab and freeing up a few passive points that way. Then I will probably fill out the rest of the Life wheel and grab some jewel sockets.

Overall I'm happy with choice to go scion build has been very fun to play 90% sure I will play something similar in Turmoil race next week.
Kind of curious: how do you feel about running Storm Call and SPell Cascade rather than Shock Nova for packs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info