[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

Leech is honestly not an issue, as soon as you kill that first mob you have warlord's mark on everything from HoT for the remainder of the map since you're constantly killing something.

On bosses you can just swap controlled destruction for lighting pen for instance if your need more DPS.
Added jewels.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Hi,I am trying this build in the beta and its alot of fun. I lvled with orb of storms and the lightning orb or however its called. My question is, why dont you use assasins Mark instead of warlords? Could you not drop the power Chance on crit Support and get some lightning penetration or smth like that, or do you choose it for zhe endurance charges?
"
Hasiboo wrote:
Hi,I am trying this build in the beta and its alot of fun. I lvled with orb of storms and the lightning orb or however its called. My question is, why dont you use assasins Mark instead of warlords? Could you not drop the power Chance on crit Support and get some lightning penetration or smth like that, or do you choose it for zhe endurance charges?

Hi, good question!

There are a few reasons why I choose Warlord's Mark over Assassin's Mark:

- Warlord's offers leech and is proced on hit
- Assassin's Mark only gives you a power charge on kill
- Endurance charges for immortal call / general damage reduction on kill

By putting PCoC on Shock Nova, you're get power charges VERY quickly since you crit almost all the time. This is good, for example, for bosses, where you don't necessarily have monsters to kill for power charge generation.

I have full uptime on power charges and never run out, unless I am running around looting and can't find mobs. Even, then, I gain them back very quicky by hitting them.
Yeah after I fought against shavrone and such I realised my mistake in my thinking. In the mid of act 8 with selffound gear and no Problem nearly oneshotting Mobs. It would be nice to see the the Order of gem importance when you cant get a 6 link :)
"
Hasiboo wrote:
Yeah after I fought against shavrone and such I realised my mistake in my thinking. In the mid of act 8 with selffound gear and no Problem nearly oneshotting Mobs. It would be nice to see the the Order of gem importance when you cant get a 6 link :)

I'll make an update tonight :D

Glad you're having fun!
hi, cool build! my question is: do u really need the nova part? it looks like stormcall already steamrolls on the mobs anyways so why not simply 7l the stormcall?
"
Darksagex wrote:
"
Hasiboo wrote:

I'll make an update tonight :D

Glad you're having fun!

Added gems for 5L/6L under Gem Explanation section.
"
bahnschranke wrote:
hi, cool build! my question is: do u really need the nova part? it looks like stormcall already steamrolls on the mobs anyways so why not simply 7l the stormcall?

Shock Nova is our AOE / clearing spell. Jump in a pack and Shock Nova them until they explode :)

Storm Call is for single target DPS. Concentrated Effect means that it only has a small amount of AOE, and you would have to cast it multiple times to get the same area as Shock Nova.

On top of that, there is a slight delay for leech when using Storm Call since you have to "wait" for the spell to hit, whereas Shock Nova hits immediately.
of i see! well, if u change CE for iAOE is the radius of storm call basicly the same as shock nova?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info