You go...girl?

"
Deadpeng wrote:
You all know why terrorists keep on targeting western nations?

I make a joke that is freaking funny, but the joke sounds disrespectful to another group because of difference in culture or whatever nonsense.

The affected group voices it out. Instead of simply withdrawing the statement apologetically, I blame the other party for not being able to take a joke.

The other party says fine then, let's agree to disagree. But still, please DO NOT JOKE INSENSITIVELY AGAIN.

Yet, I continue this act out of stubbornness and childishness to prove I am right.

Next??.......KABOOM

If you think that the reason is due to Islam. EXPLAIN THE HELL TO ME WHY THEY DO NOT TARGET CHINA? HIGHEST POPULATION DENSITY IN THE WORLD = EASIEST TARGET. Coz the Chinese know when to be humble.

Your ignorance gives you zero mental picture about what Asia is really like.

I think youre posting in the wrong thread.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
You forget the part about hormones. The longer one is on hormones the more one is genetically going to be like the gender one identifies as. If i go on HRT i will have less muscle mass, slower hair growth and different fat distribution. And if a trans woman had SRS she will not produce any testosterone.

If identity was all there was to it then obviously you would be totally correct, but read up on what hormones change, especially in trans women, then you might agree with me that trans women in womens sports is fine. Now you can still argue about bone structure as thats the only thing hormones cant change but surgery could.

I don't think anyone is forgetting about hormonal changes and how much transgenders... I'm not sure what the right word is. I want to say devolve but that's not it. How about... Metamorphose? To the point: We understand MTF transgenders lose muscle mass.

But if they grew to adulthood as a man, they have all of the benefits a man would have in sports. There's more to it than just muscle, as has been described previously in the thread.

Most of the MTF transgender athletes that go into official professional sports do not take the time to actually lose all of these advantages prior to entry. The only advantage they lose beforehand is hormonal.

Let me put it another way. Let's say Robot A was designed specifically for military operations and combat efficiency. Robot B was designed as a caretaker in hospices. Regardless of their programming, one will always perform better within their original field because their frame or chassis was built for it.

We're not advocating for transgender discrimination. At least, I'm not. In fact, I'd like to see transgenders officially recognized in sports. But if we continue to allow MTF transgenders into women's events, there will continue to be unfair playing fields and increasing resentment against them.

Political correctness should not come before justice and fairness. What needs to occur, is for transgenders to have their own separate division so that they may be officially recognized in the sporting world and given the opportunity to compete without growing tension between both sides.

What benefits does a transgender woman have from losing muscle mass? This thread really is just another transphobia circlejerk echochamber like that Trump thread. No idea on the matter but still talking about it like ya'll know shit.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

I make a joke that is freaking funny, but the joke sounds disrespectful to another group because of difference in culture or whatever nonsense.

The affected group voices it out. Instead of simply withdrawing the statement apologetically, I blame the other party for not being able to take a joke.

The other party says fine then, let's agree to disagree. But still, please DO NOT JOKE INSENSITIVELY AGAIN.

Yet, I continue this act out of stubbornness and childishness to prove I am right.

Next??.......KABOOM

If you think that the reason is due to Islam. EXPLAIN THE HELL TO ME WHY THEY DO NOT TARGET CHINA? HIGHEST POPULATION DENSITY IN THE WORLD = EASIEST TARGET. Coz the Chinese know when to be humble.

I think youre posting in the wrong thread.

"Insanity is patient, insanity is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Insanity does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Next??.......KABOOM

You are a physicist, right?

You should be capable of a bit of common sense and logic, which is absent here.

Let me spell it out to you: killing people because they are disrespectful to your beliefs is an enormous overreaction. It cannot be excused or justified in any way.

And, by the way, respect cannot be forced and demanded. It either exists, or it doesn't. It's not a conscious decision. "Hey, I'll start respecting this guy now..."

Nope. Doesn't happen that way.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 8, 2017, 10:25:30 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
snip

I'm a very literal person Peng, so I'm uncertain where you're trying to take this loaded hyperbole. But let me dissect it and see where we can go:

Do you think we're cruelly mocking transgenders that enter official sporting events? No. Or, well, most of us here aren't.

Do you think we're ignorantly saying transgenders are on completely even footing with their transitioned gender? No: Muscle loss and fat gain are not enough to put them on equal footing with their new gender.

Do you think we're trying to stubbornly prove we're right? Yes. Because we are. And some of us (Bars aside, he seems the wiser between him and I in that he won't knock himself out hitting the wall) wish you could see the things we're trying to state. True, I could recall everything I've said and apologize. I could lie and say I felt I was wrong to say these things. What will it take to convince you? Actual scientific papers on the male heart, lungs, eyes, brain, bone structure, etc.?

Would you rather have, for the sake of political correctness, transgenders enter normal men/women events of their transitioned sex and have growing resentment over the years and decades from other professional athletes to the point where women start to cry out "Why should we even bother competing in this? Let's form our own events."

I'm stumped.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jun 8, 2017, 10:26:31 AM
Hey guys,

I've gone through this thread and removed numerous personal attacks, needlessly negative and baiting comments that in no way contribute to the discussion at hand.

Please remember to keep your discussions here civil and respectful at all times.

This topic of discussion can be quite heated (as any subject with differing opinions) and will likely be very personal to a lot of people, but please do remember to keep any discussion void of personal attacks or discrimination. If the thread devolves as other threads have done very recently this will be locked and you will not be able to participate in the discussion any longer.

You are welcome to discuss this respectfully, but please keep our Code of Conduct in mind when making any further posts on this topic.
"
diablofdb wrote:
There are only 2 gender, and that is real biology, just basic science fact.

On biology: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

As you can see, "real biology" can in rare cases be a bit of a mess and is not always the simple binary affair you want it to be.

On words and their meaning: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gender

noun: "Either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female."

Usage

"The word gender has been used since the 14th century as a grammatical term, referring to classes of noun designated as masculine, feminine, or neuter in some languages. The sense denoting biological sex has also been used since the 14th century, but this did not become common until the mid 20th century. Although the words gender and sex are often used interchangeably, they have slightly different connotations; sex tends to refer to biological diferences, while gender more often refers to cultural and social differences and sometimes encompasses a broader range of identities than the binary of male and female."

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
Upandatem... I call that semantic.... it's just a whole bunch of emotional pseudo science. Nothing factual.

Men ------- Women

as simple as that.
I suggest that everyone keep hitting everyone else over the head with their particular set of subjective definitions and keep insisting that everyone else accept their definitions as the only true definitions, this should be fun and productive.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
I suggest that everyone keep hitting everyone else over the head with their particular set of subjective definitions and keep insisting that everyone else accept their definitions as the only true definitions, this should be fun and productive.

I'm just talking science and facts here there's no 34 genders

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info