You go...girl?

I think you should learn to accept that people have different opinions than yours or can disagree with you. Disagreeing with you is not bashing you or harassing you.

And me disagreeing with you doesn't give you the right to insult me over and over again. I have done nothing wrong to you, I simply disagree with you.

You insulting me won't change my opinions btw, it just gives me a very poor impression of you.
"
diablofdb wrote:
I think you should learn to accept that people have different opinions than yours or can disagree with you. Disagreeing with you is not bashing you or harassing you.

And me disagreeing with you doesn't give you the right to insult me over and over again. I have done nothing wrong to you, I simply disagree with you.

You insulting me won't change my opinions btw, it just gives me a very poor impression of you.

I dont insult you. [Removed by Support]
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

I dont insult you. But sure, keep lying, play the victim. Your illness is just karma.

I like how you keep stating that you enjoy seeing me suffering or me being sick somehow the moderators tolerate that but if I was to state something similar toward you ohhhhh.... :3
"
[Removed by Support]

That is not nice, Sarah. You are being very bad. We don't have the power to call karma.
Censored.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

I'm a very literal person Peng, so I'm uncertain where you're trying to take this loaded hyperbole. But let me dissect it and see where we can go:

Do you think we're cruelly mocking transgenders that enter official sporting events? No. Or, well, most of us here aren't.

Do you think we're ignorantly saying transgenders are on completely even footing with their transitioned gender? No: Muscle loss and fat gain are not enough to put them on equal footing with their new gender.

Do you think we're trying to stubbornly prove we're right? Yes. Because we are. And some of us (Bars aside, he seems the wiser between him and I in that he won't knock himself out hitting the wall) wish you could see the things we're trying to state. True, I could recall everything I've said and apologize. I could lie and say I felt I was wrong to say these things. What will it take to convince you? Actual scientific papers on the male heart, lungs, eyes, brain, bone structure, etc.?

Would you rather have, for the sake of political correctness, transgenders enter normal men/women events of their transitioned sex and have growing resentment over the years and decades from other professional athletes to the point where women start to cry out "Why should we even bother competing in this? Let's form our own events."

I'm stumped.

I normally refuse to invest too much explanation on this forum ever since GGG loosened their stance against hostile players. However, I will take yours seriously since you are earnest and if anyone replies some nonsense to the following any further discussion please take it to private message.

1) Well most are participating in well developed discussions but some are truly 'politicking'-Using a separate topic to suggest or influence other ideas. In this case, using a race to relate to the transgender identity's legitimacy.

2/4)Honestly, I do not support transgender women participating in female races myself.

3)Now this is the question I will address seriously.

Karl Popper's philosophy of falsifiability

Imagine and try to describe what a crow is. Hmmm? That black featured bird with large beaks as well as that 'attitude' looking eyes. Sure! We all have that ideal image of what a crow should look like!

Now imagine one day, you suddenly see a crow that, well, looks like a crow, but has white feathers. Do you classify it as a crow or give it a new name? This simple yet ignored by many philosophy is 'falsifiability'.

I forgot which era this guy is from but modern biology had to reshape quite a bit in order to address this issue. Check out the number of new animal species we discovered in the past 10 years. It is almost a hundred! But, check out their pictures, they look not much different from already well known species!

Which is why it is not just political correctness to learn more about transgender people, but plenty of Scientific correctness too! I replied this late because guess what? My professor and I spent the entire morning researching and classifying Weyl fermions(Particles that respect both quantum mechanics and special relativity BUT we have no idea how to classify a new particle under the Weyl class)

Now for the transgender issue, some of you would classify me as M even after I chop off my penis. Then, try this: What about Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome? Woman born with everything of a female (Vagina included) but has male chromosomes?? In fact, they are so perfect that some transphobic people would gladly marry them. It really really returns us to the question that Karl Popper asked!

Now, as for the transgender issue, if it is really brought up to a biologist. He/she would have the same headache as my professor and I just had this morning.

What I will finalize with is. Some of you who define your classification thought processes to 'whether there is a penis or not' are oversimplifying things. We actual researchers spent years of education to qualify to discuss Science and spend another decades to come up with an answer, if you people simply claim you found a counter-argument but turn out to be one or two sentences, that is almost disrespectful isn't it? I personally blame popular Science for this. Shows from people like Neil Degress Tyson(probably misspelt) talk in romantic pictures and the general public think they 'understood' Science by watching these! I refused to talk about all these because it makes sound arrogant but

If you really like Science enough to want to discuss it, stop playing POE and read at least 2 books a day.
Oh, wow. You guys are something. This thread will be locked. I guarantee it.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:

as long as the insults are coming from certain people it will be tolerated by the moderators, certain people have a free pass around.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

What I will finalize with is. Some of you who define your classification thought processes to 'whether there is a penis or not' are oversimplifying things. We actual researchers spent years of education to qualify to discuss Science and spend another decades to come up with an answer, if you people simply claim you found a counter-argument but turn out to be one or two sentences, that is almost disrespectful isn't it? I personally blame popular Science for this. Shows from people like Neil Degress Tyson(probably misspelt) talk in romantic pictures and the general public think they 'understood' Science by watching these! I refused to talk about all these because it makes sound arrogant but

If you really like Science enough to want to discuss it, stop playing POE and read at least 2 books a day.

Oh, anything I've ever claimed is this is my personal definition. And yes, it's quite simple - I like it that way. I try to simplify, life is complicated enough as it is. If someone else likes to use other words, that's all fine with me.

I'll also use feminine pronouns, if it makes someone feel better - great, not a problem.

But that doesn't change the way I actually view the world.

One of the many problems I can see with the increasingly totalitarian enforcement of political correctness, like Canada's infamous legislation about gender-specific pronouns, is that it creates a distorted and somewhat misleading picture, and reality has the nasty habit of slapping you in the face sooner or later. The more you stick to the make-believe, the harder the cognitive dissonance and the pain when it hits you.

To give a more specific example, let's say it becomes an actual law that everyone has to use whatever pronoun you choose and it's an actual criminal offense to offend someone (lul). Okay, great. So let's say I decide I want to be treated as female and demand that everyone call me "she". They comply, because the law says so.

Great. Next item on the agenda, I want to find a boyfriend. Everyone is treating me like a woman, it should be easy, right? Oh wait... these same people who are using my pronoun of choice don't seem too enthusiastic about the boyfriend idea?

Well, duh. It doesn't matter what you are forcing people to say, you can't force what they think. So, what happens in practice is we have created this polite little fiction but I have the actual problem that I can't know who would even consider becoming my boyfriend, because EVERYONE is pretending to treat me like a woman, and when I ask them why they don't want to go on a date with me, they all lie through their teeth: "I have a girlfriend", "I'm not ready for a relationship yet", "It's not you, it's me" and all that jazz. They won't even give me the real reason, because it would be offensive. Great! I can't even identify the problem with any degree of certainty! I can have a hypothesis, but what happens if I'm prone to self-delusion? How can I begin to go about solving the problem if I can't even identify it?

What do I have to do, approach a hundred guys until I find someone who actually digs my specific kink and would like to give it a go?

If I were a transgender person, I would actually prefer that everyone speaks their mind freely. So I've got a bunch of guys being jerks and calling me a he and all that? Great, I know which guys to avoid wasting my time with.

p.s. about Sarah: this is yet another example of her basically saying that someone deserves bad things to happen to him because he doesn't agree with her worldview. And she also called his epilepsy an "illness" with quotation marks. My respect just reached ground zero, and I am seriously wondering about the moderators' understanding of what is and what isn't acceptable in the forum.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 8, 2017, 3:04:32 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

as long as the insults are coming from certain people it will be tolerated by the moderators, certain people have a free pass around.

Really? Who?
"
Bars wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Oh, anything I've ever claimed is this is my personal definition. And yes, it's quite simple - I like it that way. I try to simplify, life is complicated enough as it is. If someone else likes to use other words, that's all fine with me.

I'll also use feminine pronouns, if it makes someone feel better - great, not a problem.

But that doesn't change the way I actually view the world.

One of the many problems I can see with the increasingly totalitarian enforcement of political correctness, like Canada's infamous legislation about gender-specific pronouns, is that it creates a distorted and somewhat misleading picture, and reality has the nasty habit of slapping you in the face sooner or later. The more you stick to the make-believe, the harder the cognitive dissonance and the pain when it hits you.

To give a more specific example, let's say it becomes an actual law that everyone has to use whatever pronoun you choose and it's an actual criminal offense to offend someone (lul). Okay, great. So let's say I decide I want to be treated as female and demand that everyone call me "she". They comply, because the law says so.

Great. Next item on the agenda, I want to find a boyfriend. Everyone is treating me like a woman, it should be easy, right? Oh wait... these same people who are using my pronoun of choice don't seem too enthusiastic about the boyfriend idea?

Well, duh. It doesn't matter what you are forcing people to say, you can't force what they think. So, what happens in practice is we have created this polite little fiction but I have the actual problem that I can't know who would even consider becoming my boyfriend, because EVERYONE is pretending to treat me like a woman, and when I ask them why they don't want to go on a date with me, they all lie through their teeth: "I have a girlfriend", "I'm not ready for a relationship yet", "It's not you, it's me" and all that jazz. They won't even give me the real reason, because it would be offensive. Great! I can't even identify the problem with any degree of certainty! I can have a hypothesis, but what happens if I'm prone to self-delusion? How can I begin to go about solving the problem if I can't even identify it?

What do I have to do, approach a hundred guys until I find someone who actually digs my specific kink and would like to give it a go?

If I were a transgender person, I would actually prefer that everyone speaks their mind freely. So I've got a bunch of guys being jerks and calling me a he and all that? Great, I know which guys to avoid wasting my time with.

p.s. about Sarah: this is yet another example of her basically saying that someone deserves bad things to happen to him because he doesn't agree with her worldview. And she also called his epilepsy an "illness" with quotation marks. My respect just reached ground zero, and I am seriously wondering about the moderators' understanding of what is and what isn't acceptable in the forum.

So you all attacking trans people is fine and you all denying that trans people exist but dare i put illness in quotation marks, burn me at the stake. Hypocrites. Btw, i never said bad things should happen to someone. I just call it like it is, you all bash me sometimes without the courage to even name me but then i say something to you and youre all playing victim and report me all day. Not like troll reports do anything.

And you dont understand trans people if you talk about it like it the way you just did. You wouldnt want people to misgender you as it pushes you into depression and suicide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info