You Can't Understand ISIS If u Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
From the Quran
"
Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Too many conditional statements. What happened to simple axioms, like: love thy neighbor? Period. No conditions like "unless he's an asshole or smells weird".

"those who do not fight you because of religion", could mean anything to islamists. Drawing Muhhamad cartoons is fighting Islam in their minds. Or being an "islamophobe" by pointing out the sordid state of women rights in the islamic 3rd world. You are "fighting Islam" simply by not wanting Sharia law to spread in your country.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

"those who do not fight you because of religion", could mean anything to islamists. Drawing Muhhamad cartoons is fighting Islam in their minds. Or being an "islamophobe" by pointing out the sordid state of women rights in the islamic 3rd world. You are "fighting Islam" simply by not wanting Sharia law to spread in your country.

Many years ago, I used to play a fuckton of dota 1 in Garena's Europe High Level Room 1. There were a lot of Arab guys there, as the Middle East was part of the European Server. I knew a bunch of guys from Egypt, Jordan, we played non-stop and were basically online friends. They taught me to flame in Arabic (I knew about 20 insults, nowadays I remember only kos omak, n3k3t kos omak and sharmoota), I taught them to flame in Bulgarian, it was great. They all spoke good English, some of them were actually studying in British universities - so we're talking about high-income, well-educated guys.

All was fine... until one day, I don't know how, they mentioned something religious. I told them I didn't really care about that stuff and wasn't interested in talking about it.

*silence*

"Are you an atheist?"
"Technically, I'm agnostic - but I guess this is all the same to you".

...cue the religious conversion attempts. These polite, soft-spoken, friendly guys suddenly turned into raving lunatics - and they were acting out of honest concern for my immortal soul! They wanted to save me from burning in hell!

I remained adamant I was totally fine with burning in hell and they were wasting their time. Things were never the same between us afterwards. I could see them imagining me with a pair of horns and the Devil's wicked, agnostic grin.

In all fairness, I've had similar experiences with devout Christians - but these are rare. Muslims are remarkably predictable. The degree of indoctrination is much higher.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 4, 2017, 1:43:38 PM
Bars, doesn't sharmoota mean "yo mama"?
Censored.
"
morbo wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
From the Quran
"
Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.
Too many conditional statements. What happened to simple axioms, like: love thy neighbor? Period. No conditions like "unless he's an asshole or smells weird".

Well, yeah. The biggest problem is actually from Sunni (not Shi'a, at least not canonically) hadith:
"
That the Messenger of Allah said: "There are six things with Allah for the martyr. He is forgiven with the first flow of blood (he suffers), he is shown his place in Paradise, he is protected from punishment in the grave, secured from the greatest terror, the crown of dignity is placed upon his head—and its gems are better than the world and what is in it—he is married to seventy two wives among the wide-eyed ones of Paradise, and he may intercede for seventy of his close relatives."
As long as this hadith is believed, there will always be Sunnis looking for enemies to martyr themselves on.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Bars, doesn't sharmoota mean "yo mama"?

Sharmoota is "bitch, whore". Kos omak yo mama.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
All was fine... until one day, I don't know how, they mentioned something religious. I told them I didn't really care about that stuff and wasn't interested in talking about it.

*silence*

"Are you an atheist?"

Being an atheist, pagan or polytheist are all considered extremely bad in Islam. Atheism is reneging god, basically a form of apostasy, which is a big no no and gets you lynched in the right country.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

*silence*

"Are you an atheist?"

Being an atheist, pagan or polytheist are all considered extremely bad in Islam. Atheism is reneging god, basically a form of apostasy, which is a big no no and gets you lynched in the right country.

Well, almost anything is extremely bad in Islam, including other forms of Islam, so... *shrug*
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
As I've said 100x it's not muslims that are a problem. I am a muslim but most ppls think I'm a decent person, a regular American, a normal...

Bitter Lake

Yes, muslims and Mohamed heritage and Koran are problem. You are muslim or you are not. There is nothing between. Islam is religion, ethics and politics.. all in one. You follow it and you are muslim, or follow only what suits you = than you are not muslim but thinking and feeling being. You can not know what other people think of you.

Bitter Lake is pretty dark, in fact all Adam Curtis docs are dark as fk. I feel like its worth watching every one of them, they give some really off meta windows into lesser tread areas of recent history.
Troubles in paradise, lul:

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Bahrain and Yemen cut ties with Qatar

Two terror supporting countries, KSA & Qatar, accusing each other of supporting terror :))
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Bars wrote:
omak

emek

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kus%20Emek)

I used to have muslim friends in Israel :-)

"its used to be " fee Kuss ummak " "

oh - never heard that...

actually it says, Palestinians use a different pronounciation. I also used to have neighbors from Sudan in my student dorm, but they never used such language...
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Jun 5, 2017, 9:45:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info