You Can't Understand ISIS If u Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

There are differences depending on dialect.

I remember one group of players using "kos ommak" and the other "kos emmak".

And yes, it's not language that comes naturally to them. They needed a fair bit of indoctrination in our outlook on life, which treats curses as just a part of everyday language. They were fucking shocked when we first started playing and they saw what was friendly banter from our point of view :D

The funny part is, they were all cursing like sailors in our own language a few months later. Seemed to really enjoy the freedom of it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 5, 2017, 10:26:19 AM
"
Bars wrote:
There are differences depending on dialect.

I remember one group of players using "kos ommak" and the other "kos emmak".

And yes, it's not language that comes naturally to them. They needed a fair bit of indoctrination in our outlook on life, which treats curses as just a part of everyday language. They were fucking shocked when we first started playing and they saw what was friendly banter from our point of view :D

The funny part is, they were all cursing like sailors in our own language a few months later. Seemed to really enjoy the freedom of it.

I imagine it would definitely be a culture shock to anyone who wasn't familiar with it or the internet.

"Hey fucker, welcome back!"

"What did you just call me?"

"Oh relax shithead I'm playing around. Come on let's go rape that noob over there."
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

I imagine it would definitely be a culture shock to anyone who wasn't familiar with it or the internet.

"Hey fucker, welcome back!"

"What did you just call me?"

"Oh relax shithead I'm playing around. Come on let's go rape that noob over there."

Yeah :D

Muslim guys seem to be much, much more polite as a baseline.

A typical conversation in my Dota group, average physical age 29, average mental age 12:

"Sup fuckers, we gonna play?"
"Nah, I'm too busy playing with your mom."
"Oh really? So it will be what, 2 minutes?"

We are much more retarded than average, but still... quite the shocker for our Arab gaming buddies in the past :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 5, 2017, 10:37:54 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Troubles in paradise, lul:

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Bahrain and Yemen cut ties with Qatar

Two terror supporting countries, KSA & Qatar, accusing each other of supporting terror :))

KSA just broke everyone's Irony Meter.

Qatar plays all sides. Has massive US military base which is doing 90% of bombing in ME. Friends with Iran. Friends with Muslim Brother Hood. Allows Taliban to have offices there. etc. SA is 100% Wahhabi and doesnt like cottoning to Iran.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
SA is 100% Wahhabi and doesnt like cottoning to Iran.
No nation is 100% ideologically homogeneous. I mean, I get that non-Wahabis in KSA tend to get disappeared, but it's not like no one gets disappeared.

99%, maybe.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 5, 2017, 12:16:07 PM
i was talking about all levers of power and how they conduct FP. Juxtaposing it to Qatar who is open to all comers.
Git R Dun!
"
Troubles in paradise, lul:

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Bahrain and Yemen cut ties with Qatar

Two terror supporting countries, KSA & Qatar, accusing each other of supporting terror :))

LOL Here is a thought: someone give them both nuke weapons and we get rid of 2 birds with one stone. At no cost. Then both royal families can sit in hell and argue for an eternity.
Censored.
Saudi regime shuts down Al-Jazeera offices inside the country

Heh, ain't that ironic?

There's also a jihadist infighting going on in Syria, for a while now. Saudi & Turkey backed jihadists are fighting "wildcard" jihadists, groups that have connections with AQ and "other sponsors". IMO, part of the same "political schism" between KSA & Qatar.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
A "wildcard" jihadist? WTF is that? The mind boggles.
Really.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
A "wildcard" jihadist? WTF is that? The mind boggles.
Really.

I mean groups that have unclear financial backing. Syrian "rebels" are a loose coalition of various jihadi groups that sometimes collaborate, sometimes fight each other. Some of them have known financial backers, eg. Jaysh al-Islam & Ahrar al-Sham are sponsored by Saudis. Others like Tahrir al-Sham have different sponsors, likely Qatar.

Those two linked are currently fighting each other for turf. And all of them are salafist jihadists. So, yeah, terrorists killing terrorists...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info