Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

"
_sylthi_ wrote:
"The Legacy league succeeded in being an excellent celebration of challenge leagues of the past. Players enjoyed the control over their experience of the game. Players were able to participate in old leagues, and in particular, play their past favourites."

And because this content was so wildly successful and popular we are, of course, taking it away.

Now showing at a cinema near you!
Return of the funsmasher III
starring Chris Wilson

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
So is there any point in using 2 HOWA claws?
will there be any use at all for leaguestones in standard league then? if not maybe you can delete them automatically. i have three tabs of them.
"
Dk_Kiwi wrote:
So is there any point in using 2 HOWA claws?

Attack speed bonus from dual wielding and global int increase from each weapon.
well, can't let them have fun with past leagues contents outside of shitty standard now, can we?
cchan0535 wrote:
'Everything just reduces to "The feature is great but needs QA work that we don't care to fund right now, so we're just tearing out the whole thing and calling it a day."'

Agree. To make the poor leaguestone UI sound like a problem with the mechanic itself is kinda cheap shot. It's the other way around.

And as usual a light to moderate amount of QoL dev could have made the difference. But no. (e.g. a proper leaguestone queueing system.)

Overall this is a meh announcement. Could have been worse but certainly could have been better.

Add another point in the "not that excited about 3.0" column.
Great decisions here, in my opinion. Thx.
**~~~ The Winds of Shit ~~~**
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
_sylthi_ wrote:
"The Legacy league succeeded in being an excellent celebration of challenge leagues of the past. Players enjoyed the control over their experience of the game. Players were able to participate in old leagues, and in particular, play their past favourites."

And because this content was so wildly successful and popular we are, of course, taking it away.

Now showing at a cinema near you!
Return of the funsmasher III
starring Chris Wilson

lol win. Funsmasher Wilson
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
Guczi wrote:
"
jjstraka34 wrote:
For instance, there has still be no real implementation of Tailsman into Zana (maybe once??), and that is really just the tip of the iceberg. There are rich mechanics that should be available to players in some form. Hopefully something can be worked out that bridges the gap between the ease of Legacy and the relatively high-cost entry point to Zana, not to mention the random and limited nature of what she offers.

This. I play casualy and I'm okay with content like guardians and shaper being behind play-16h-per-day-and-git-gud wall which is simply out of my reach. But relatively high-cost (it is high for me) and/or limited access to simple game mechanics is... well, let's say "disappointing" doesn't really cut it.

"
cchan0535 wrote:
Everything just reduces to "The feature is great but needs QA work that we don't care to fund right now, so we're just tearing out the whole thing and calling it a day."

Also, because it just needs to be said, the sudden deep concern for mitigating newbie confusion is absolutely hilarious. The entire game, from the skill tree to the chat interface to the crafting system to the basically mandatory but entirely unsupported 3rd party tools that prop up the game (poe.trade, poeplanner, etc.) is a blizzard of borderline hostility to new players. The idea that the addition of Leaguestones crosses some kind of meaningful accessibility boundary is just too funny not to have a laugh at.

Also, this. It's not like new players try to min-max everything from start with Zana, sextants and leaguestones like pros. Newbie-pros can handle it, newbie-casuals don't care.

IF you really think you need to play 16h per day to kill a guardian, even in solo self found, I have no idea what game you are playing. Yes the end game is challenging, however a lot of casual players I know including myself have completed these challenges. I would also like to include its about how much you really enjoy yourself in the game, it contains immersive lore, tonnes of different avenues to reach a common goal etc. While new players will not know how to use all of these mechanics right away, they will eventually discover them and become curious. They will then either read into it or experiment on their own. Don't sell yourself short on what you can accomplish in this game and dont get too wound up in things, you would be surprised what some people with almost no ARPG experience can accomplish with a little bit of wiki reading once in a while and some ok gameplay.
"
cchan0535 wrote:
Also, because it just needs to be said, the sudden deep concern for mitigating newbie confusion is absolutely hilarious. The entire game, from the skill tree to the chat interface to the crafting system to the basically mandatory but entirely unsupported 3rd party tools that prop up the game (poe.trade, poeplanner, etc.) is a blizzard of borderline hostility to new players. The idea that the addition of Leaguestones crosses some kind of meaningful accessibility boundary is just too funny not to have a laugh at.

QFT
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info