Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

Somebody else already nailed it in an earlier post - Leaguestones for many of us were simply fun!

We had control over the challenge and how we wanted to play rather than the usual experience:

Temporal chains - fuck you player!
Chilled Ground - fuck you player!
Shocking Ground - fuck you player!
Reflect - fuck you player!
No regen - fuck you player!
Monster crit (increased chance to one shot) - fuck you player!

I'm aware that some of the above are build dependent but they impact a lot of players, and not in a fun way. They're just tedious and really designed to consume currency. They don't add challenge to the game and they certainly don't add fun.

I have no doubt the server side stats tell a pretty one sided story. So many players were chaining Beyond, Nemesis and whatever else tickled their fancy for the third slot (probably Breach) and GGG are certainly worried about balancing game play, but do you really need to take away all our toys? I mean, you already tweaked the drop rate of Nemesis stones mid-league to try and offset that somewhat.

I really don't get the quote about Breach being a problem for players to interact with. Don't touch the portal. Dead simple really.

I think the real analysed risk here though was that making Leaguestones available to standard would have encouraged players to consider playing in Standard more, and that's not something GGG really want to see. It's not what their model is structured around.
As it was already mentionned, Leaguestones were a nice opportunity for any player to have fun with previous league mods.
While I'm quite happy that Zana will make some of those mods available again, I know for sure that I probably won't ever use it as it requires so much currency.

Unfortunately, it really feels like the game is being balanced according to those "top players" who kill shaper 24/7 within 30 seconds, making a lot of stuff simply not accessible to a large part of the community.

Maybe GGG should consider making map mods with previous leagues, just like Beyond and Exiles, but for every league. And also make maps have a MUCH higher chance of getting such mods!

Yet, I'm still excited for 3.0 ! Finally no more tedious Normal and Cruel difficulty ! I'll just need to get a decent computer now :)
best league ever and leaguestones wont function fu GGG and done with this garbage game after legacy ends bubye and wont be spending my money here anymore dreams crush and u deserve the worse
I am very disappointed that Leaguestones will not be carried over to Standard. Now you have to wait until near end-game and forced to do maps (assuming you can even find Zana in a reasonable amount of time) if you want to enjoy the content Legacy League provided with so much ease.

Perhaps if GGG explained the game mechanics better you wouldn't have to worry about new players being overwhelmed with everything that can be done or seen in PoE.
"
Breach comes with a number of unique items that fill various roles in builds. WE ARE HAPPY with most of these, though we will be making some adjustments to the Hand of Wisdom and Action, and the Hand of Thought and Motion that leads to it. The added lightning damage of these weapons will no longer be global, and will instead apply to each specific weapon.

GGG has now expressed what I always knew. Fuc* what the players want. The DEVELOPERS who need to be satisfied, happy with the game, not the players. [Removed by Support]. These things discourage. Every time a manifesto appears I'm already scared to see why another NERF comes along and kill some build or mechanics and force you to play the way they think "fun", as has happened in recent years. CHALLENGE you indicate me a really substantial buff in some skill / mechanics in recent times and above all still ironize putting in the patch notes "This is a buff". You'll only find nerfs and nerfs. Do not waste time looking for an example.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on May 31, 2017, 7:58:41 PM
and look at how many legacy uniques there are a gazillion and 99% of them even before nerf they were horrible and no one used it they fking nerf everything they add something awesome they nerf right away like they been doing since launch i've had enough either they change their fking ways or il go find another game and spend my money elsewhere
"
jeanpain wrote:
GGG has now expressed what I always knew. Fuc* what the players want. The DEVELOPERS who need to be satisfied, happy with the game, not the players. [Removed by Support].

WTF? It's their game. If they see something that isn't in line with what they want from the game, they change it. If they only did what players wanted, the game would be a fucking mess and no one would play anymore. Just go to reddit for all the shit ideas that get thrown around to get a glimpse of what an average player wants.

HoWA applying lightning damage globally was fucking retarded to begin with and I'm amazed the item was even designed that way in the first place
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on May 31, 2017, 8:00:31 PM
"
WTF? It's their game. If they see something that isn't in line with what they want from the game, they change it. If they only did what players wanted, the game would be a fucking mess and no one would play anymore. Just go to reddit for all the shit ideas that get thrown around to get a glimpse of what an average player wants.

HoWA applying lightning damage globally was fucking retarded to begin with and I'm amazed the item was even designed that way in the first place

Of course is their game, but what is their game without players? Ggg without players is NOTHING. Open u eyes about systemic nerf behavior of ggg. Im not talking about howa specifcly, but always they do substancial changes without take public opinion. What is repulsive is the same fuc nerf bullshit and no matter wjat the community thinks. They nerf and its done, fk u player.
Last edited by jeanpain on May 31, 2017, 8:01:08 PM
Very sweet to see this after that killjoy ES manifesto ;)

Will miss leaguestones, but there's no doubt they confused the heck out of every friend I got to start playing. Too much going on for new players.

Would be "beyond" happy if they came back for some type of endgame (like the breach system in this mani), but I don't think anyone expected them to stay past legacy so it's not a downer to see that confirmed.

Great manifesto! Breach adds a rewarding challenge while still being an optional mechanic.

Keep up the great work!
Mobile games have better trading...
"
jeanpain wrote:
"

Of course is their game, but what is their game without players? Ggg without players is NOTHING. Open u eyes about systemic nerf behavior of ggg. Im not talking about howa specifcly, but always they do substancial changes without take public opinion. What is repulsive is the same fuc nerf bullshit and no matter wjat the community thinks. They nerf and its done, fk u player.

Uhm, they nerfed ele damage grand spectrum jewels based on player OPINION before even testing them. Purely based on whinging off reddit (which was a good thing as they had to nerf it again because it was so overpowered). You're delusional if you think GGG doesn't listen to players. And lol at GGG is nothing without players. They've steadily increased in player numbers since implementation and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so whatever they're doing, they're doing it right.

The 'systematic nerf behaviour' you're talking about is for items/mechanics/meta that needed to be nerfed to reign in the game. That's a good thing. They introduced guardians and shaper as endgame content and to be difficult, yet it has been trivialised ever since it was introduced. Now GGG are bringing it back in line to what they think it should be like and I agree with that general philosophy.

Do I agree with all nerfs? Of course not.
For instance ES nerfs are a bit over the top but that's for the beta and you can bet your ass they will be adjusting it before 3.0 launches. Am I having a cry that my 50 chaos shaper face-melt build no longer works? No, because it's ridiculous that it even existed in the first place.

PS: I believe that GGG from the get go said that legacy league will be a last hoorah for the old system and it will NOT be introduced to the core game. Why are people so fucking furious about it when they should have known from the start that it wasn't going to be a permanent addition? I mean I don't give a shit about standard so for all I care they should just leave leaguestones there and only have white ones drop.
Last edited by ClickHitBoom on May 31, 2017, 9:02:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info