Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

I have a suggestion that I'm think should be great for farming and XP gain in maps.

If possible, GGG could allow players to put more than one map in map devices, like a linked-map system. Then, after finishing killing the boss on the current map a teleport portal could open, like that one opened in vaal areas, and directly teleport the player to the next map allocated in map device.

I think 4 maps should be great for this purpose. If the player logout or exit game, all linked maps should be dropped.

So GGG what you think of this idea?
Seems Legacy league reception is 50/50. Personally I like the system, I think it would be awesome for permanent leagues. People complaining about the 'management' are the ones that only care about speed, I don't and I will miss the leaguestones. Especially because I didn't have too much time this league to play so I semi-missed the boat.

I hope the system will be revisited, remove white leaguestones for example or make them craftable and create rare and unique versions. I think that would make mapping a lot of fun, way more than the sextants (to be honest these could just be removed, no one will really miss them).

And the 'new player' argument is getting old, don't treat new players as utter idiots, sometimes I have the feeling the devs treat them that way. I understand it though, but then make all this stuff just available in maps, problems solved (including the annoying lvl requirement on the stones).

Just my two cents.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jun 2, 2017, 12:14:51 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
_sylthi_ wrote:
"The Legacy league succeeded in being an excellent celebration of challenge leagues of the past. Players enjoyed the control over their experience of the game. Players were able to participate in old leagues, and in particular, play their past favourites."

And because this content was so wildly successful and popular we are, of course, taking it away.

Now showing at a cinema near you!
Return of the funsmasher III
starring Chris Wilson

"
cdchi1 wrote:
Removal of leaguestones is bitterly disappointing for me personally.

+5
love the breaches in core game, really going to enjoy that.

No Legacy... it will be missed
One More Day...
"
Lorkhan wrote:
Breach
I think it´s a good decision to add Breach to maps, but not to the acts. Maybe the chance for a Breach should be a bit higher.

Legacy
I will miss Legacy very much. It was great fun to beef up maps and areas according to my preferences. And I liked the challenges that required to combine certain leaguestones a lot.
But I admit that this feature is possibly a bit too powerful in its current form to become part of the core game. Hopefully we will see it return some day.

I assumed the legacy mechanic would replace the old Zana map mod system because it makes so much more sense.

Legacy is accessible to the majority of people, while the old zana map mod system is an entire mechanic thats limited to the top 1% of people who run maps.

It'd need to be toned down to be balanced for (lol) standard, otherwise people would just never play leagues again. Still, its a very straightforward mechanic (if limited to maps).

"
Nishrek wrote:
"
cchan0535 wrote:
Also, because it just needs to be said, the sudden deep concern for mitigating newbie confusion is absolutely hilarious. The entire game, from the skill tree to the chat interface to the crafting system to the basically mandatory but entirely unsupported 3rd party tools that prop up the game (poe.trade, poeplanner, etc.) is a blizzard of borderline hostility to new players. The idea that the addition of Leaguestones crosses some kind of meaningful accessibility boundary is just too funny not to have a laugh at.

QFT

This is the most surprising thing.

Prophesies are much more complicated than leaguestones, and so are sextant mods.

With league stones, you pick 3 things that look neat and off you go.

With sextant mods, you have to get the right tier of mods, spend a lot of time pouring over the atlas to find the right spot, unlock the surrround maps and then you dont even know what your getting.

I think really the only legit concern is leaguestones would make standard *too good* to the point people would rather play with them than a new league mechanic. They outdid themselves, to the point the next league is may just feel like standard anyway.

remove it from the normal game and make it map only, sure. league stones that had level requirements were annoying anyway. You could even remove the affixes and only allow white league stones in standard. that would certainly tone down and remove most of the crazy stuff while still allowing fun.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jun 2, 2017, 10:37:20 PM
I'll just say this....removing content from a game is almost NEVER a good idea. And while not having Legacy isn't removing it, it is making some things exceedingly rare, as in showing up once a year or less. Maybe Leaguestones are too easy, but it is also true that Zana is not where she needs to be in terms of a legitimate entry point to legacy content. I'm actually very surprised, the entire Leaguestone system honestly seemed like a test-run for something more permanent, and I'm slightly shocked that isn't happening.

And I'll second what someone said a few posts back. The idea that it is Leaguestones that are the straw that would break the back of new players is just, well, it's laughable. Everything about Path of Exile is screaming at new players to stay away unless they are a fan of the genre. Leaguestones are far easier to understand for someone just starting than say, sealing a Prophecy, or learning about vendor recipes, or just the skill gems and Passive tree in general. Mind you, I think they are probably the most innovative and forward thinking mechanics ever introduced to the genre, but the one thing they AREN'T is intuitive. If someone can make it past Act I and start getting a good grip on the game, they aren't gonna have any trouble figuring out Leaguestones. Idk, it's just disappointing. I think they really add endless dynamics to the game that Zana in her current form just can't replicate, and that is mostly because Leaguestones actually interact with the leveling process. It seems like an awful waste to just throw the concept to the side. All the past leagues have something going for them, so why deny someone who wants to have fun their way to chance to do so in Standard, where most serious players spend no time anyway??
Last edited by jjstraka34 on Jun 3, 2017, 11:54:42 PM
Even I died many times cause of these fking spiders.... I actually adore breach league.. These 'sexy' hands turn me on you know.
Keeping my breach chaluya stones then....
"
SSFChampions wrote:
IF you really think you need to play 16h per day to kill a guardian, even in solo self found, I have no idea what game you are playing. Yes the end game is challenging, however a lot of casual players I know including myself have completed these challenges. I would also like to include its about how much you really enjoy yourself in the game, it contains immersive lore, tonnes of different avenues to reach a common goal etc. While new players will not know how to use all of these mechanics right away, they will eventually discover them and become curious. They will then either read into it or experiment on their own. Don't sell yourself short on what you can accomplish in this game and dont get too wound up in things, you would be surprised what some people with almost no ARPG experience can accomplish with a little bit of wiki reading once in a while and some ok gameplay.

Well, ok, 16h per day was kind of "over 9000" overstatement, but please, tell me how I can do it playing 1h per day? During usual 3-month league?

Now I'm at about T11-12 maps, doing ok, sometimes dying but it's doable, it's fine. I can even kill Atziri by myself without dying (so proud of this one...). But I accomplished it in standard by combining stuff I collected from 3-4 leagues...

But you kind of went off-topic here: I said uber-stuff is fine. Limited access to gameplay mechanics that makes game more intresting bugs me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info