Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

"
Guczi wrote:
"
SSFChampions wrote:
IF you really think you need to play 16h per day to kill a guardian, even in solo self found, I have no idea what game you are playing. Yes the end game is challenging, however a lot of casual players I know including myself have completed these challenges. I would also like to include its about how much you really enjoy yourself in the game, it contains immersive lore, tonnes of different avenues to reach a common goal etc. While new players will not know how to use all of these mechanics right away, they will eventually discover them and become curious. They will then either read into it or experiment on their own. Don't sell yourself short on what you can accomplish in this game and dont get too wound up in things, you would be surprised what some people with almost no ARPG experience can accomplish with a little bit of wiki reading once in a while and some ok gameplay.

Well, ok, 16h per day was kind of "over 9000" overstatement, but please, tell me how I can do it playing 1h per day? During usual 3-month league?

Now I'm at about T11-12 maps, doing ok, sometimes dying but it's doable, it's fine. I can even kill Atziri by myself without dying (so proud of this one...). But I accomplished it in standard by combining stuff I collected from 3-4 leagues...

But you kind of went off-topic here: I said uber-stuff is fine. Limited access to gameplay mechanics that makes game more intresting bugs me.

Well put! Im in exactly the same spot.

Will there be additional options for increased breaches or spawn chance?
Maybe a zana mod?
Maybe a map mod?
I get the sextant part, but those mods are very random.

Yes I just want to play triple breach shaped strand all day :)
i am super happy you decided to remove league stones of the game, i want it to be fun and rare to find a breach or strong box not something u know before even entering the map might aswell be a league stone that drops skyforths then. They were a lot of cluncky to use. Sure it was a lot of fun mixing up all the beyond breach and get insane loot but overall i dont want to feeling a need to do this every league to come. Just for a heads up i think legacy would been a lot better if league stones were account bound and if reliquary items dropped random and not as a key you open and praise RNGJESUS. It was the first league since i started playing i actually had to quit the league because i became to bored and to annoyned with everything in the league, SUPER HAPPY U KEEP BREACHES DOE. Thanks for making and updating a great game for us =) time to play some beta <3
Every league is supposed to be a unique league not the best farming league or a combo of every league, remember that. Legacy was a very unique league but keeping legaue stones would kinda brick the whole idea of having leagues at all. Its not just a fresh start every league is supposed to feel different and almost all leagues have.. i dont want another legacy league again so i am super happy u decide to not add stones to the core game, peace
Don't like the deactivation of league stones or the lack of continuation for keys to drop. No matter how much you extended it, the league wasn't long enough to enjoy all you could get out of both of those features unless you traded for currency and just bought them. That's all well and good for the people who shortcut the experience through trading but it's really disappointing for people like me who stick religiously to a normal core experience without trading. I guess it just continues to pay very well to use any shortcut you possibly can find to get to the end of the experience as fast as you possibly can. That's a sad point for any game that is enjoyable to play.
"
mipsen wrote:
Every league is supposed to be a unique league not the best farming league or a combo of every league, remember that. Legacy was a very unique league but keeping legaue stones would kinda brick the whole idea of having leagues at all. Its not just a fresh start every league is supposed to feel different and almost all leagues have.. i dont want another legacy league again so i am super happy u decide to not add stones to the core game, peace

But legacy offered us a customization beyond anything we had before. Would you enjoy it if we could no longer mod our maps?

I bet you would not like that and exactly the same we have now with the league stones. It enhances the gameplay and things that enhance gameplay, should never be removed.

I don´t care if all the former league exclusives stop spawning, unless we use the stones, but please don't lower the content, by removing our customization. A game can never have enough content and I felt that no matter what comes in 3.0 as league, it just won´t be as good and successful as the stones :)
Sounds good to me tbh. SO, If i save my keys I wonder how much the value will be later on
Last edited by AntSunrise on Jun 24, 2017, 4:36:37 PM
"
jjstraka34 wrote:
The idea that it is Leaguestones that are the straw that would break the back of new players is just, well, it's laughable.

That is true. GGG should just view streamers playing the game for the first time. It's a struggle for them because the game does not provide the information required to progress into merciless.

Then GGG claims, leaguestones for maps would somehow be too complicated for new players, despite it being a really straightforward mechanic compared to what the game is usually offering.
if there were a bit of ui improvement (adding the stones next to the life bar for instance, making them toggleable, etc) and unnecessary extra stuff was removed, ie removing tormented spirits and similar old league stuff from spawning without leaguestones, leaguestones would be a massive improvement to the base game and no more confusing than the current standard league. i genuinely never expect to have as much fun in poe without them as i did with them. i'd love to be surprised but i can't imagine another league topping or even coming close to legacy and it's a damn shame we're losing one of the best additions to poe since i started playing back in closed beta
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Jun 29, 2017, 3:04:45 PM
"
if there were a bit of ui improvement (adding the stones next to the life bar for instance, making them toggleable, etc) and unnecessary extra stuff was removed, ie removing tormented spirits and similar old league stuff from spawning without leaguestones, leaguestones would be a massive improvement to the base game and no more confusing than the current standard league. i genuinely never expect to have as much fun in poe without them as i did with them. i'd love to be surprised but i can't imagine another league topping or even coming close to legacy and it's a damn shame we're losing one of the best additions to poe since i started playing back in closed beta

The easiest and most straightforward way is to have extra slots in the map crafting device. That's much easier to understand than adding atzulu fragments to the map. It also avoids using them accidentally when resetting all the crappy prophecies in act II and III. The player can see the number of charges when it is relevant (when opening a map) but it does not permanently clutter the HUD. Much better implementation than, let's say, friggin sextants. Also leaguestones should all have 5 charges so they can be handled in batches, but that's a minor thing.

Anyway, we can't have that, because it is too complicated for new players. Instead, new players get this: "In a distant dream, some kind of undead monster will appear somewhere between act 1 and shaper. Good luck finding it!"
Last edited by OlafKnolaf on Jul 3, 2017, 1:08:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info