The moment you find out that you have a friend in PoE pegged as the wrong gender

Sorry in advance if I'm an ignorant and obnoxious prick, but for me it's quite simple.
I automatically assume that whoever talks to me is a male person with unknown sexual preferences, as by the rules of the internet there are no girls here.
That is, unless this assumption is proven otherwise by multiple independant sources or direct evidence. Well, as long as I can keep track of all that. If not, back to square one.
I don't mean to offend anyone with this, it's just to prevent 1. my brain from exploding, only flicker strike and crazy complicated builds are allowed to do that and 2. me from getting a major headache when trying to deal with all that stuff.

I can understand if people start to hate me for this, but I won't change my behaviour over that. (inb4 shitstorm)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Upandatem wrote:

Oh look, a triggered person.

"
sarahaustin wrote:

Leave the snowflake in his safe space. ;)

It's always cringy when lefty people try to flip insults that you would typically associate with centrists/libertarians/conservatives around and use them against you. Mostly because they aren't used in response to the right thing, or in the right context.

Now that's a trigger to me, not memeing correctly.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 29, 2017, 8:30:04 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:

Oh look, a triggered person.

"
sarahaustin wrote:

Leave the snowflake in his safe space. ;)

It's always cringy when lefty people try to flip insults that you would typically associate with centrists/libertarians/conservatives around and use them against you. Mostly because they aren't used in response to the right thing, or in the right context.

Now that's a trigger to me, not memeing correctly.

Are you of the humiliators too?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Are you of the humiliators too?

I reject your aggressive labeling! =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Exiles are all the same, we are all murderers and prisoners. No problem to talk dirty that s role playing.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 30, 2017, 1:25:40 AM
I think both sides in this argument just enjoy hurling shit at each other. I see no other explanation for this repetitive behavior. The same circular argument leading to nowhere repeated again and again in hundreds of posts across dozens of threads in offtopic.

The only problem is, the walls are getting shittier and shittier.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 30, 2017, 2:26:32 AM
Am I one of the few who don't really care? :@
I assume anyone I talk to is male because quite frankly this is what is most probable. If I say something that offends someone because I couldn't tell they are not the gender I assumed (female) well - tough shit. If someone gets so easily offended by not trying to understand other's position, I'm not interesting in talking about deeper stuff anyways.

In other words: if you are female and have no problem simply correcting me that I'm wrong assuming you are male, and don't make a big fuss about it - cool, continue talking like nothing happened, but now I will just address you as a she (but I'm not going to be softer about anything - I talk to everyone the same, including criticism).
If you are any other gender (which are mostly made up), but don't have a problem with me assuming your gender and are trying to explain your position without trying to take me on a guilt trip - I'm still cool about it. Nothing changes in the way I talk, and if you have problem with that - doors are right there.

tl;dr As long as you don't try to take me on a guilt trip about whatever I should or should not do, I'm cool.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 30, 2017, 6:34:25 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Am I one of the few who don't really care? :@

Nope. I care neither for the poo slinging fest and the overly defensive nature of OT currently.

I remember a time in OT where verbal witty abuse was considered a hail marry to bring laughter on all of its denizens.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
OT? D:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
OT = Off topic.

Yep, there were better times when people had an actual sense of humor and not every discussion was a shit-slinging fest on political and social issues.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 30, 2017, 7:41:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info