The moment you find out that you have a friend in PoE pegged as the wrong gender

"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Well, thats how society works. I notice even in games that my opinion and advice is worth less and sometimes even ignored because im a woman. When i was a "man" i didnt have that problem.

maybe that has to do more with the fact that since you changed gender you turn every single discussion, regardless of topic, into a gender discusson and get upset by everything and anything, whether it is aimed at your or not? Even your signature is all about transgender... This is a gaming forum, nobody cares about peoples gender...

Seriously, I think it is great what you have done, it must have taken a lot of courage to go through with it and if it makes you feel better about yourself, that is fantastic and I am happy for you, but come on, not every discussion here needs to devolve into the same shit throwing

Not my fault that people make stupid comments about gender and call me he instead of she.

No but it is your fault for turning every single thread and comment about a debate on genders.

I_NO gets called "he" 4000 times a week and she's never reacted to it, other than sometimes eating people but that's because she's a dinosaur so it's acceptable behavior.
"
Namcap wrote:

No but it is your fault for turning every single thread and comment about a debate on genders.

This wasn't a very illustrative thread to post that comment in, considering that even the thread title centers the discussion on gender and the state of being wrong in regards to gender.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 29, 2017, 12:57:39 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

This wasn't a very illustrative thread to post that comment in, considering that even the thread title centers the discussion on gender and the state of being wrong in regards to gender.

You're right, I should have derailed a thread that was on a completely different subject to post my opinion on this. Oh wait.
"
Elynole wrote:

If you're in a game, I don't care if you're sitting in your computer chair with a bra on and a pink hello kitty cock ring attached - can you play the game? Then I'm all good.

That's beautiful.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Namcap wrote:

I_NO gets called "he" 4000 times a week and she's never reacted to it, other than sometimes eating people but that's because she's a dinosaur so it's acceptable behavior.

When I_NO gets called "he" by people who don't know it's because of assumption, no big deal.

When Sarah (and Deadpeng too for that matter) gets called "he" by people who do know, it's from stubborn, obnoxious refusal to accept that a person's gender is not necessarily the same as a person's sex (and even that is not always a simple binary affair).

Under the condition that they know, the second case is very different from the first.

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:

If you're in a game, I don't care if you're sitting in your computer chair with a bra on and a pink hello kitty cock ring attached - can you play the game? Then I'm all good.

That's beautiful.

The high point of the thread thus far.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:

maybe that has to do more with the fact that since you changed gender you turn every single discussion, regardless of topic, into a gender discusson and get upset by everything and anything, whether it is aimed at your or not? Even your signature is all about transgender... This is a gaming forum, nobody cares about peoples gender...

Seriously, I think it is great what you have done, it must have taken a lot of courage to go through with it and if it makes you feel better about yourself, that is fantastic and I am happy for you, but come on, not every discussion here needs to devolve into the same shit throwing

Not my fault that people make stupid comments about gender and call me he instead of she.

Youre simply wrong. Leave me alone with your nonsense. Thx. This thread has fucking gender in the title btw, so yea. #Rekt
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

When I_NO gets called "he" by people who don't know it's because of assumption, no big deal.

When Sarah (and Deadpeng too for that matter) gets called "he" by people who do know, it's from stubborn, obnoxious refusal to accept that a person's gender is not necessarily the same as a person's sex (and even that is not always a simple binary affair).

Under the condition that they know, the second case is very different from the first.

Thank you. Someone other than Charan with a brain on this forum. Earned that cookie. ;)
Elynole wrote:
"

This is the high point in the thread, I agree. I wish I hadn't started the thread.

It is really all about talking in a guild with your mates and not knowing which pronoun to use. Should we all just start saying "they" about everyone?

That's dumb. I got no problem calling Sarah and Peng she. I got no problem calling my wife she. Why the fuck would anyone use pronouns in a mean way?

What next? Using gerunds abusively? Adverbial abuse (other than the kind in really bad writing which is everywhere now?)
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
This is the high point in the thread, I agree. I wish I hadn't started the thread.

It is really all about talking in a guild with your mates and not knowing which pronoun to use. Should we all just start saying "they" about everyone?

That's dumb. I got no problem calling Sarah and Peng she. I got no problem calling my wife she. Why the fuck would anyone use pronouns in a mean way?

What next? Using gerunds abusively? Adverbial abuse (other than the kind in really bad writing which is everywhere now?)

Never liked "they" either. Now, if some clever person would come up with a word that isn't already used to describe people in plural and (this one's important!) doesn't sound like complete shit to use, that would be great.

The main point I would make on this topic is that simple assumption is not blatant dismissal and that people on either end of the conversation should do their best to not confuse the two.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info