Is there any gain for GGG in putting out shit balance patches?

Is that how fast it's like now? I have not play D3 since RoS released. thats why I came here.

But I cut my teeth on that game like first game I played like this. Original was best IMO.
Git R Dun!
Naw in the fucking original right the DH nether tentacle was broken beyond belief so it dps like X DPS every 0.1 second as it passed through so inferno etc the original shit would just die in a heart beat.

So all DH's were like glass cannons basically with like 1 hp but there DPS was so fucking high due to that rune until they finalley nerfed it.

Right now in D3 things die in a mere heart beat even in like G rifts 80 hell even 100 with certain builds.

H e a r t beat.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 20, 2017, 8:49:16 AM
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Please. I was here bitching about melee years before your account was made. I'm willing to bet I've made more posts criticising the game's melee state than you've made posts *in total*. So don't try that.

I'll just repeat what I've come to decide, what I NEED to believe: trying to argue for melee vs ranged balance is like ants trying to argue about the quality of the sand to the kid owning the antfarm. All the kid cares about is the interesting tunnels the ants make. And sometimes he'll shake the farm to see what happens.

PoE is designed, balanced and adjusted for highly mobile, ranged play. GGG openly state that PoE has bullet hell influences. There's no going back to visceral melee from that. None.

I still play melee. I just do it tempering my expectations. The ONE time I played PoE seriously I definitely didn't go melee.

So sure, they suck at balancing melee vs ranged. But the qualification to that is: it's not the balance they're trying to reach. That ship sailed years ago.

Look at the shitstorm people are making over the ES changes. Candy from a baby. Baby cries. Now imagine that times a thousand. That's what happens when GGG nerf ranged to a point where melee actually matters. And no, you can't just buff melee because we've more than enough fucking powercreep around here as is. If you want melee balanced with ranged, it's ranged that has to get the reality check.

And it's just not happening. Have a good look at what GGG have revealed about FoO so far. All the articles. The videos. The brief shots of encounters and enemies. The trajectory the game is on isn't going to change. Why should it? It seems to be working. Plenty of support. Plenty of happy players.

And if you really want solid melee play, by God, there are FAR better games out there than PoE. GGG are well aware of that too.

^^ so you are just delusional... Or maybe its "post-purchase rationalization" either way not good standpoint.

show a little respect bro...
I dont see any any key!
Never played DH. Only wiz and WD and barb ofc. Wiz had some bug too where you couldnt be killed. Hot fixed like first week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3UTnUA6ioA
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 20, 2017, 8:58:55 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Hey, its in metric!
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
It's still hiarious to me ppl talk of 1 min map clears. In orginal inferno one elite pack took 5 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IT9DUJYDxQ

Sigh I'll never cotton to this clear speed meta even though I do it. It's mind numbing.

HAH or 1 second with DH broken nether tentacle

Someone in global told me you have shit DPS if you cant kill shaper in 2 seconds. Or maybe it was minutes, but I surely remember it as seconds.

(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Naw in the fucking original right the DH nether tentacle was broken beyond belief so it dps like X DPS every 0.1 second as it passed through so inferno etc the original shit would just die in a heart beat.

So all DH's were like glass cannons basically with like 1 hp but there DPS was so fucking high due to that rune until they finalley nerfed it.

Right now in D3 things die in a mere heart beat even in like G rifts 80 hell even 100 with certain builds.

H e a r t beat.

Same with crit builds and DPS meta nowadays that shaper die in seconds lets show you the proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aggzvWDjd2Q

PoE has D3 builds, that you hate ;p

Funny how you talk shit about D3 that things die in a mere heart beat thus its shit game, while PoE can be same way with such builds.
Last edited by Puraime on May 20, 2017, 4:48:06 PM
"
Puraime wrote:
"

H e a r t beat.

Same with crit builds and DPS meta nowadays that shaper die in seconds lets show you the proof.

Funny how you talk shit about D3 that things die in a mere heart beat thus its shit game, while PoE can be same way with such builds.

SILENCE?! It's because of broken mechanics and top tier gear it's not a hard concept and D3 is a shit game because it's a shit game I never said it's a shit game because things die in a heart beat the fuck is this shit? D3 is fucking awful because it's fucking boring is that so hard to grasp?

Oh I guess so trying to put words in my mouth how fucking dare you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 20, 2017, 4:52:58 PM
"
bhavv wrote:
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
It's still hiarious to me ppl talk of 1 min map clears. In orginal inferno one elite pack took 5 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IT9DUJYDxQ

Sigh I'll never cotton to this clear speed meta even though I do it. It's mind numbing.

HAH or 1 second with DH broken nether tentacle

Someone in global told me you have shit DPS if you cant kill shaper in 2 seconds. Or maybe it was minutes, but I surely remember it as seconds.

Just go "all in" DPS its possible this is a cheap build too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAcDdlje-S8

Oh yeah and so much for life being a problem. DPS as usual is king.

The problem with low DPS is fights get hairy so often doesnt matter what defenses are you will die to mistakes. In shaper fight for example whole ground could be covered with vortexs after some time. So yeah DPS it up.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 20, 2017, 4:58:59 PM
"
"
Puraime wrote:
"

H e a r t beat.

SILENCE?! It's because of broken mechanics and top tier gear it's not a hard concept and D3 is a shit game because it's a shit game I never said it's a shit game because things die in a heart beat the fuck is this shit? D3 is fucking awful because it's fucking boring is that so hard to grasp?

Oh I guess so trying to put words in my mouth how fucking dare you.

No I am restating what you said and showing that PoE also has such things not 1 or 2 but many, Dont get me wrong, I dont like D3 either, that is why I played Torchlight II, Grim Dawn and came to PoE.

Anyways DPS is still the best if you can do well like that player.
Last edited by Puraime on May 20, 2017, 5:06:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info