Changes to the Labyrinth

Re:waypoints they simply do not gel with the labs core design. It's a one shot run and you either push it to the max and risk a powered Izaro or play it safe or simply speed run to the end for your points. Instead of punishing the labyrinth, I'd be pushing GGG to review and improve hosting services if your gateways are that unreliable that you could DC at any point of a lab run.

I understand the frustration I've had power cuts, disconnections, lag spikes on a trap, and all sorts in the lab, and I've also had some of the most intense fights with last phase Izaro.
"
_Nikthas_ wrote:
My issue with the labyrinth is the instability.

+1

I try 3 uberlab for my last build in 2.6
- first : one shot by izaro :p
- second : lag => kill by a sawblade
- third : disconnection

It's more expensive for 2 points in Ascendency ...
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Just make lab MUCH shorter (even uber) and boss damage smaller/lesser so more builds could run it.

And change prize system, make it random for top 100.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
60 pages and:
GGG doesn`t realize that 75% of the playerbase HATES the lab and its for sure the main reason of people quiting the game.a character without the 8 points its not a character , its just a shitty" wanna be" of whatever build you try ( except for marauder rf maybe ).
so yeah, fuck the uber lab , and probably fuck poe too if i cant do it with my leech+ vaal pact build in 3.0.
Last edited by merovingian223 on Jul 25, 2017, 6:38:47 PM
"
60 pages and:
GGG doesn`t realize that 75% of the playerbase HATES the lab and its for sure the main reason of people quiting the game.a character without the 8 points its not a character , its just a shitty" wanna be" of whatever build you try ( except for marauder rf maybe ).
so yeah, fuck the uber lab , and probably fuck poe too if i cant do it with my leech+ vaal pact build in 3.0.

merovingian223, thank you for voicing your opinion on the hated labyrinth. I've added your name to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 916 names long. That includes 118 or 119 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 330 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 910 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
While I don't hate the Lab as much as others, it does become rather tedious and I believe a fine balance would be make Normal and Cruel 1 room then Izario fight, Merciless be maybe a 1,1,2 then Uber the same length. Then in add a feature that albeit only affect SC players, but make it so there is a checkpoint system where after you beat one Izario fight that when you come back in you start from that checkpoint instead of from scratch. Of make it so that the first 3 don't have traps in the last Izario room fight.
Last edited by Rhata on Jul 31, 2017, 5:58:49 PM
Labyrinth is mostly just brutal for my summoner because the zombies chase my heels like puppies instead of actually punching Izaro.

That, and the CODT Immortal Call seem to be required for so MANY things. I can dodge, do no damage because my minions are more interested in me than Izaro, and get one-shotted eventually. Or stand still, do damage, and get one-shotted faster.

Or logout. Logging out and poking my head back every 6 months has worked out much better.
As a chieftain RF pure life in legacy, I beat uber izero by just running around and avoiding his damage. Occasionally I would burn him but those spinning ground blades took him out. Now the hall of heroes map is another story....sheesh talk about unfair GGG
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
That's my point. So MANY builds are just pure life, with immortal call triggering when they get sloppy or unlucky. Anyone else? GG, try again. And I just can't react that fast, and sometimes, even if I *DID* react fast enough, I was going to get one-shotted from out of sight, across the room, ANYWAY.

So, I shelved POE and went on to other stuff.
I hate the fact that if you screw up in Lab, it's all the way back to the beginning, do it over from square one. If I wanted to play hardcore, I would be in a hardcore league. I do not find that mechanic at all fun, or enjoyable.

I now remember why I always get to around 60/70 level and leave. Fucking lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info