Changes to the Labyrinth

"
"
rocketnob wrote:
100% agree that Ascendancy Points being gated behind Labs is the main issue here. If you dislike or can't do Labs, for whatever reason, your only options are to play an inferior build or to have someone else do Labs for you - no fun, no challenge, no feel-good factor.

From a lot of posts in this thread people simply seem to be asking for an alternative way to earn their APs which is more in keeping with the rest of PoE's ARPG gameplay. This would also be a boon for SSF players, and would allow Labs to be left "as is" for those who enjoy it in its current format.

this is pretty much how i feel as well.
Id play poe again more and throw more $ at GGG if I could get my AP some other way that didnt involve the lab.

ChristinaAnn, thank you for voicing your opinion on the labyrinth. That is that PoE could be improved further in future release by making labyrinth truly optional. I've added your name to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 912 names long. That includes 116 or 117 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 330 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 910 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
cyclon2 wrote:
"
Dublins wrote:

Which has time and time again bit them directly in the butt in the past, stubbornness that is... Idk who makes the call to keep it going and Idc, what I do care about is that you goofy guys who keep "debating" the merits of a lab run understand this NOBODY runs the lab for fun. Profit, yes, competitive drive yes, not fun.

i ran them just for fun. aspecially when i got borred with mapping. most of the time i even joined a game where someone needed it and just ran it with them. and in the cases they offered a reward for it

also i do want to add your arguement about it being repetative is insanely exaggerated for content you would run 4x at most if you didnt like it, spread over quite some time.

Since these are the only coherent portions I could discern, you prove my point with the first portion, someone needed a service you provided it, someone offered rewards. Regardless of if you take them or didn't take them, people still felt as though YOU PROVIDED a lab running service.

The 4x content you are mentioning, not the same... If I ram my head against that content no matter how long it takes, how often I have to do it, I am never told ever... to restart the content in it's entirety if I do so much as disconnect, run into lag, servers crash, gaming server reboot while I am on my run... none of that occurs.

It is a distinctly hardcore element within a game I haven't chose to play hardcore elements in for years now, glad you like it hooray. I don't. And Idc if it's removed I stated that already, I care that it is not impeding my enjoyment of the game.
GG, GGG! I can finally be the flamethrowing psycho Marauder I've always dreamt to be! Wish they had a hockey mask MTX & a gore scorching ray skill gem MTX mmmm one can hope!
My issue with the labyrinth is the instability. More than half of my failures in the lab were due to random disconnects, lags or game crashing. This machine and internet connection have been driving many other online titles without any continuous hiccups of this sort, so at this point I am fairly confident that technical problems on my side are not to blame.

That said, I understand why people feel that ascendancy points should not be gated behind the Labyrinth runs and whereas I like challenging content, I don't think that Lab is even fair in its current state - where you just get booted from it due to no fault of your own. The only change I'd consider (other than eliminating flaws of technical nature) is to let people continue their lab run after dying, with limited attempts like in regular maps and without the rewards that normally come with it (the enchants, treasure chests and whatnot). This way, people still have to earn their ascendancy points and can't just throw their bodies mindlessly at the enemies, but won't be pushed to ragequit because they disconnected before the 3rd Izaro fight after spending 30 minutes clearing the place.
There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark...
...what could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably...
Such is our fate.
"
_Nikthas_ wrote:
My issue with the labyrinth is the instability. More than half of my failures in the lab were due to random disconnects, lags or game crashing. This machine and internet connection have been driving many other online titles without any continuous hiccups of this sort, so at this point I am fairly confident that technical problems on my side are not to blame.

That said, I understand why people feel that ascendancy points should not be gated behind the Labyrinth runs and whereas I like challenging content, I don't think that Lab is even fair in its current state - where you just get booted from it due to no fault of your own. The only change I'd consider (other than eliminating flaws of technical nature) is to let people continue their lab run after dying, with limited attempts like in regular maps and without the rewards that normally come with it (the enchants, treasure chests and whatnot). This way, people still have to earn their ascendancy points and can't just throw their bodies mindlessly at the enemies, but won't be pushed to ragequit because they disconnected before the 3rd Izaro fight after spending 30 minutes clearing the place.

Using common all garden potatoes for servers and not King Edward or Maris Pipers certainly doesn't help...
"
_Nikthas_ wrote:

_Nikthas_, thank you for voicing your opinion on the labyrinth. That is that PoE could be improved by adding waypoints. I've added your name to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 913 names long. That includes 117 or 118 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 330 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 910 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
PoE could be improved by adding waypoints

Where exactly do I say this?
Do not put my name on any list or make false claims of such sort.
There is no path.
Such is our fate.
"
_Nikthas_ wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
PoE could be improved by adding waypoints

Where exactly do I say this?
Do not put my name on any list or make false claims of such sort.

Sorry that I misunderstood, I don't know any other way to save progress. I'll remove your name.
The survey given to beta players for lab is problematic in its construction. Essentially, it doesn't deal with critical issues that the following sample questions do:

Q1: Rate labyrinth on a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 = Not enjoyable at all and 5 = Very enjoyable.

Q2: For what reasons do you go through labyrinth? Please type "yes" next to all that apply.

1. To ascend
2. To enchant gear
3. To level up
4. Because I enjoy the time I spend in labyrinth

Q3: Roughly how many times do you run labyrinth, on a per character basis? Please type "yes" next to the best response (approximate guess is fine).

1-4 times
5-10 times
11-15 times
16-20 times
more than 20 times

There are plenty of other questions that might be helpful to inquire about.

If you're squeamish about asking question 1 above, which you might be because you can safely anticipate a metric ton of low scores for lab, then you can use questions 2 and 3 as pretty good proxies for the extent to which lab is disliked and hated by players. Getting that feedback might not be fun, but at least you'll be in a better position for internal discussions about what to do in the future, concerning lab.

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
Turtledove wrote:
I don't know any other way to save progress.

When you die in a regular map, the game allows you to portal back in, either starting from the beginning or close to where you died (this, of course, has limited attempts). The mobs you've killed remain dead (do not respawn), thus your progress is saved in this manner, until the instance resets.

To clarify, the reason I objected is because you misquoted. I appreciate your efforts regardless.
There is no path.
Such is our fate.
"
_Nikthas_ wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
I don't know any other way to save progress.

When you die in a regular map, the game allows you to portal back in, either starting from the beginning or close to where you died (this, of course, has limited attempts). The mobs you've killed remain dead (do not respawn), thus your progress is saved in this manner, until the instance resets.

To clarify, the reason I objected is because you misquoted. I appreciate your efforts regardless.

You can portal back in because there is a waypoint! :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info