True story - A niggardly nagger nagged me about my nuggety nuggets.

"
bhavv wrote:
"
Graiseperiod wrote:
But besides the (racism) point: I have a better one, since context is very important to comedy.

1) Re-use of the same joke over and over. I'm sure you've experienced this, and it doesn't make the joke funnier the 100th time.

2) Puns & originality: a pun that is a single word sounding like another single word is hardly clever, try using 2 or more words. If you really think it's "clever wordplay", then you live in an awfully small box.

No one said its clever wordplay, but the pun aspect is the defining reason why people are so easily offended. If the words were not puns of anything rude, then no one would have a problem with them right?

Actually many people have favorite jokes, ones that they can tell or hear over 100 times and still find funny.

Your personal sense of humour, which seems to be greatly lacking, does not extend to anyone else. Different people find different things funny.

If it were funny, you'd have less people mad at you. Looks like about 99% of the people here think you're an ass.

I know it's been probably said before, but Louie CK did a good joke using the n word, without being racist and got his point across.
"
Graiseperiod wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Graiseperiod wrote:
But besides the (racism) point: I have a better one, since context is very important to comedy.

1) Re-use of the same joke over and over. I'm sure you've experienced this, and it doesn't make the joke funnier the 100th time.

2) Puns & originality: a pun that is a single word sounding like another single word is hardly clever, try using 2 or more words. If you really think it's "clever wordplay", then you live in an awfully small box.

No one said its clever wordplay, but the pun aspect is the defining reason why people are so easily offended. If the words were not puns of anything rude, then no one would have a problem with them right?

Actually many people have favorite jokes, ones that they can tell or hear over 100 times and still find funny.

Your personal sense of humour, which seems to be greatly lacking, does not extend to anyone else. Different people find different things funny.

If it were funny, you'd have less people mad at you. Looks like about 99% of the people here think you're an ass.

I know it's been probably said before, but Louie CK did a good joke using the n word, without being racist and got his point across.

Oh really? Well 99.9% of people here thought I was an ass before I made these char names, so that only means that they made some more people actually like me!

Yay.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
The pun was provocative and intolerant, that's it.

All we need is better educayshun in school, then we'll forget about the differences, and finally all will become one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 22, 2017, 5:47:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info