True story - A niggardly nagger nagged me about my nuggety nuggets.

"
Disrupted wrote:

Hatred in the mind, hatred in the eyes. You wish I were hateful, its more comfortable to dismiss me as such. How am I being hypocritical btw?

Notice that I didn't say "Disrupted" :P in fact, I barely even read through this thread. I make comments that are generalised sometimes. It's a weakness; generalisations tend to fail.

You probably shouldn't take me terribly seriously when I post in Off Topic most of the time :P
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

Hatred in the mind, hatred in the eyes. You wish I were hateful, its more comfortable to dismiss me as such. How am I being hypocritical btw?

Notice that I didn't say "Disrupted" :P in fact, I barely even read through this thread. I make comments that are generalised sometimes. It's a weakness; generalisations tend to fail.

You probably shouldn't take me terribly seriously when I post in Off Topic most of the time :P

Im going to choke you man.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 18, 2017, 9:32:37 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:

Im going to choke you man.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

Cash me owlside.

How bow dash.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
^Im not deciding what you should be sensitive about, you can be sensitive about anything, I dont have to respect that though. Just dont be hypocritical about the word usage.

Yes, you don't have to respect, just don't assume that the result of your disrespect will be unwarranted.

Besides, social norms and context matters if you are going to talk about hypocrisy.

I dont need to assume that which I already know. and ofc context matters. social norms I'd say it depends, lots of society norms are stupid and I hold no respect for them. man, what did I say about ad populum before?
Also your examples for comparison are terrible and completely different since the japanese dont get offended if you use honorifics for them when they use them all the time and I dont quite think wife/friends is the same as your race/other race, I dont play into tribalism that hard. But some do, Hell, what is the word normally used for those that play into racial tribalism, I forget, can someone help me?

"
adghar wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

Besides, social norms and context matters if you are going to talk about hypocrisy.

Pfff naw, these are Internet forums, on the Internet forums people are shielded by their computer screen and the fact that they can unplug at any time, which allows them to be as grotesquely hateful as possible and thereby deny any claims of hypocrisy

"I won't try to understand your point because your examples are not good enough for me."

Then I realized that I've been talking to a wall.
"
soneka101 wrote:

It's OK man, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

"
soneka101 wrote:

"I won't try to understand your point because your examples are not good enough for me."

Walls realize when a comparison is flawed?

anyway, just in case, to clarify:

You might be under the impression that I use the word for anyone.
I do not use the word for randoms and if someone would be uncomfortable with it and asked me to not use it I would respect that wish UNLESS I know that they use the word for other people of the same race whose level of friendship is the same. Well at that point I'd just stop being their friend since I would come to the conclusion that when they look at me, they see race first and friendship/individual second. I'll be your "-a" but I wont be your "-er".
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 18, 2017, 10:16:52 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

Walls realize when a comparison is flawed?

It's a metaphor ._.

My experience on the internet made me realize that when someone nitpick what you write to refute what they can, and then ignore what they can't refute, they aren't really listening to you, or trying to understand you. Most of the times they decided to disagree with you as soon as they started reading your comment(which might have implied that you were disagreeing with them).

So, it's not different than talking to a wall, your point will never get across if they are refuting what you say just for the sake of refuting.

When you realize this is happening, just leave the conversation and save yourself some time.

"
Disrupted wrote:
anyway, just in case, to clarify:

You might under the impression that I use the word for anyone.
I do not use the word for randoms and if someone would be uncomfortable with it and asked me to not use it I would respect that wish UNLESS I know that they use the word for other people of the same race whose level of friendship is the same. Well at that point I'd just stop being their friend since I would come to the conclusion that when they look at me, they see race first and friendship second.

I have no problem with this way of thinking, I agree with it. If you find yourself in this situation in RL, at least I hope that you tell your friend why you are breaking your friendship with him, this way he might learn something from it.

When it comes to strangers(which I know you said was not your case) I still think it's inexcusable, I respect cultural differences even when I don't agree with them, as long as they don't harm me or others that is. Trying to argue against them is fair, employing ways to forcible change them is not IMHO.
But besides the (racism) point: I have a better one, since context is very important to comedy.

1) Re-use of the same joke over and over. I'm sure you've experienced this, and it doesn't make the joke funnier the 100th time.

2) Puns & originality: a pun that is a single word sounding like another single word is hardly clever, try using 2 or more words. If you really think it's "clever wordplay", then you live in an awfully small box.
Last edited by Graiseperiod on May 19, 2017, 10:16:01 AM
^I'll be honest, you sound like a tripcode user, though not the worst case in the forum by far.
Oblivious
"
Graiseperiod wrote:
But besides the (racism) point: I have a better one, since context is very important to comedy.

1) Re-use of the same joke over and over. I'm sure you've experienced this, and it doesn't make the joke funnier the 100th time.

2) Puns & originality: a pun that is a single word sounding like another single word is hardly clever, try using 2 or more words. If you really think it's "clever wordplay", then you live in an awfully small box.

No one said its clever wordplay, but the pun aspect is the defining reason why people are so easily offended. If the words were not puns of anything rude, then no one would have a problem with them right?

Actually many people have favorite jokes, ones that they can tell or hear over 100 times and still find funny.

Your personal sense of humour, which seems to be greatly lacking, does not extend to anyone else. Different people find different things funny.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info