deadeye not being played at all.

"
Vipermagi wrote:

Kaom's Roots prevent Slow (TC, Chill, Freeze only), and have +0% Movespeed.
Unstoppable prevents Slow, prevents total Movespeed modifier from dropping below 0% (Tar, Darts, Hinder, Maim, all sorts of crap), +14% Movespeed.

Arent you still affected by tar and darts slow?

Now, about Deadeye.... She seems to be projectile-based class, and projectiles are in meta since AoE nerf, so you may wonder, why she isnt used? Well, it's simple - because for most (if not all) builds, Pathfinder or Raider (after buffs) are just BETTER. And if you seek good DPS - Assassin. Deadeye has nothing "special" about her, is too specialized and too weak, overall.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 13, 2017, 1:44:29 AM
Deadeye is fucking OP - free Projectile, free Chain, 50% AOE, 30% More damage, lots of projectile speed, every minor node double dip, less damage from bleed, crit shenanigans.

It's just that Pathfinder holds too much QoL - free immunity to status ailments, free penetration / free poison, general better flask scaling, movement speed, flask charges generation / sustain. And in this era we won't need perks of Deadeye as much. Also doesn't help that people finally realised that you can play bow CI just fine and flasks are specially good For CI.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on May 13, 2017, 1:56:59 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Deadeye is fucking OP - free Projectile, free Chain, 50% AOE, 30% More damage, lots of projectile speed, every minor node double dip, less damage from bleed, crit shenanigans.

It's just that Pathfinder holds too much QoL - free immunity to status ailments, free penetration / free poison, general better flask scaling, movement speed, flask charges generation / sustain. And in this era we won't need perks of Deadeye as much. Also doesn't help that people finally realised that you can play bow CI just fine and flasks are specially good For CI.

The thing is, players dont need extra raw damage when you oneshot trash anyway. Assassin, for example, gives not just raw damage, but caps crit chance so your damage is very consistent. Pathfinder/Raider have huge movespeed bonuses, as well as many defensive and ultility bonuses. Chain is crap because pierce is better.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Thematically the Deadeye is somehow missing the "focus" damage. The name I would associate with a "one single shot doesnt-miss-exact-hit kill" kinda thing. But the Ascendancy is rather the opposite.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Kaom's Roots prevent Slow (TC, Chill, Freeze only), and have +0% Movespeed.
Unstoppable prevents Slow, prevents total Movespeed modifier from dropping below 0% (Tar, Darts, Hinder, Maim, all sorts of crap), +14% Movespeed.

Arent you still affected by tar and darts slow?

As a Juggernaut, you will not drop below 0% Movespeed modifier: you will be slower, but the brunt of it is negated. With Kaom's Roots, your movespeed will drop harshly into the negatives, especially against Darts.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

This is pretty much /thread

Deadeye is fine, It just looks not fine b/c raider.
"
Zrevnur wrote:

"
"

The problem is really that Raider and Pathfinder are too sick in comparison.
That is my point. It is so obvious at this point they might as well remove deadeye from the game. Literally everyone goes raider or pathfinder, it is just flat out better in all cases.

Have a CA Deadeye (in SSF HC). I dont think Raider/Pathfinder are superior for CA. There are probably other skills (KB wander, Split Arrow + Chain, ...) for which Deadeye is good.

Here's my problem with this statement... it's that CA is bad for ALL of the ranger ascendancies. If you say that Raider and Pathfinder are bad for CA, Deadeye has even less to offer.

Powerful Precision - Requires a hit to return projectiles. CA "hits" the ground most of the time, not mobs. And the poison AOE doesn't stack. You also don't need the Pierce, and certainly not the crit chance.

Fast and Deadly/Ricochet - Ok, FnD is nice, but it's really a Notable node. And all you want off this is 30% proj damage. That's a very weak return for being an Ascendancy node. Ricochet? Chaining CA? Um no. If I need to explain this... I don't even know where to begin.

Rupture - Gives ASOLUTELY nothing for CA. Oops, besides that you don't take extra damage from bleeding.

Far Shot/Endless Munitions - Far Shot gives nothing. The CA cloud isn't attack damage so you're not getting 30% more damage. Endless Munitions gives 200 accuracy that you don't need. It gives +1 projectile that you don't need (AOE's can't stack damage). It gives 50% inc AOE which is nice, but don't really need. Congrats, for 4 ascendancy points you get: 20% projectile damage (from minor nodes) and 50% inc AOE (maybe +1 projectile gives you a little more AOE)

For a CA build, I would still easily choose Raider over Deadeye. You still get easy Frenzy generation, +1 Frenzy charge, heaps of movement speed, defensive benefits so you don't need to carry status effect flasks (at worst, use a Quartz Flask to be status effect immune AND boost your dodge, such defensive utility with one flask! Raider only).

Pathfinder's still plenty viable, as it still helps with keeping that WitchFire Brew up and giving movement speed. At worse, you take the minor flask nodes. A 5% boosted Witchfire brew is almost as good as a Deadeye's 10% projectile damage nodes on its own, not to mention all the other benefits you get.

=================

I certainly agree that Deadeye needs a re-work or buff. Currently, all 3 Ranger classes are all extremely fast at clearing trash. Even without ascending, the Ranger itself can clear trash with virtually every combination of LA, IS, or SA with pierce or chain (and everything else in between). Deadeye gives redundant benefits. It gives Chain when you can use Chain support just fine to clear trash (the damage hit isn't big enough that it's really a problem). It gives +1 projectile when all those end game builds are using Death's Opus with +1 arrow Quivers and a Dying Sun (if you already fire 6 arrows, do you need +1 from Ascendancy?).

Pathfinders get a ton of value from those OP flasks that keep getting introduced. Raiders are Queens of Clearspeed with blazing fast movement and attack speeds on top of their all-purpose damage from Frenzy charges. Deadeyes... ok, they can overkill packs with a ton of wasted damage while moving at their leisurely pace. At this point, everyone playing a bow build knows that the bottleneck of clearspeed isn't AOE damage, it's movement speed and defense, with Pathfinders and Raiders have in spades, and Deadeye has none of.

The only way I see Deadeye having its own unique flavor is to push it towards its own specialization. If Pathfinder is all about flasks, and Raider all about speed, maybe Deadeye is all about "big hits".

Offensive suggestions: Change Far Shot to be less dependent on distance, and more of an "always on", like Berserker. If Berserker gets 40% more damage all the time, 30% more projectile damage (which will no longer double dip in 3.0 while actually benefitting Caustic Arrow) is reasonably fair. Bigger but slower hits always benefits bleeding, since Bleed cares only about the biggest hit (unlike Poison), making Rupture and Physical Damage Deadeyes more appealing, in contrast to the Elemental damage friendly Raider and Pathfinder. Maybe also make it so that the Deadeye gets 1% increased Damage per hit it has dealt Recently (Gladiator gains damage each time it was hit recently, or how the Spectral Throw threshold jewel works).

Defensive suggestions: Since Rangers are evasion based, have incoming hits be "Unlucky" so they have a bigger chance of surviving one shots. Or something amusing like "Feigned Death": If above 80% life, hits can not reduce life to below Low Life. Basically if the Deadeye is reasonably healthy, she can't be one shot, reduced to low life instead.
Last edited by XNtrysyti on May 13, 2017, 6:25:52 PM
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Have a CA Deadeye (in SSF HC). I dont think Raider/Pathfinder are superior for CA. There are probably other skills (KB wander, Split Arrow + Chain, ...) for which Deadeye is good.

Here's my problem with this statement... it's that CA is bad for ALL of the ranger ascendancies. If you say that Raider and Pathfinder are bad for CA, Deadeye has even less to offer.

Powerful Precision - Requires a hit to return projectiles. CA "hits" the ground most of the time, not mobs. And the poison AOE doesn't stack. You also don't need the Pierce, and certainly not the crit chance.

Return is weak but not useless. Pierce is strong and (based on how I play, there are probably other play styles) necessary. So if I dont get it here I would have to pay a lot to get it elsewhere.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Fast and Deadly/Ricochet - Ok, FnD is nice, but it's really a Notable node. And all you want off this is 30% proj damage. That's a very weak return for being an Ascendancy node.

It (FaD) is a weak node for an Ascendancy. But the other stuff on it isnt useless either. At least Blink Arrow benefits.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Ricochet? Chaining CA? Um no. If I need to explain this... I don't even know where to begin.
Rupture - Gives ASOLUTELY nothing for CA. Oops, besides that you don't take extra damage from bleeding.

With separate single target Rupture can be useful offensively. The "no extra damage from bleed" is always good if you can bleed. I dont use this node though.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Far Shot/Endless Munitions - Far Shot gives nothing. The CA cloud isn't attack damage so you're not getting 30% more damage.

Far Shot gives almost nothing for CA. But for a separate single target it can be useful.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Endless Munitions gives 200 accuracy that you don't need.

I actually do need them as I have Molten Strike as single target.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
It gives +1 projectile that you don't need (AOE's can't stack damage).

Strongly disagree with this. The +1 projectile gives more area on impact. It makes the pierce more reliable so if I shoot through mobs I will get more cloud coverage - mostly because I will hit/pierce more. Have been trying (SSF here) to get a +1 arrow quiver for a third projectile.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
It gives 50% inc AOE which is nice, but don't really need.

Dont know how you play but for me "more area" => "more clearspeed". Its basically an extra link.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Raider<snip>
You still get easy Frenzy generation,

Blood Rage.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
heaps of movement speed, defensive benefits so you don't need to carry status effect flasks (at worst, use a Quartz Flask to be status effect immune AND boost your dodge, such defensive utility with one flask! Raider only).

These are all good strong benefits. "No one" says Raider is bad/useless for CA.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Pathfinder's still plenty viable, as it still helps with keeping that WitchFire Brew up and giving movement speed. At worse, you take the minor flask nodes. A 5% boosted Witchfire brew is almost as good as a Deadeye's 10% projectile damage nodes on its own, not to mention all the other benefits you get.

Pathfinder is ok/good for most builds. But keeping up WitchFire vs mobs is not a problem outside of long boss/essence fights. And I would rather use Enfeeble for these anyway.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
If Pathfinder is all about flasks, and Raider all about speed, maybe Deadeye is all about "big hits".

Agree with this - for thematic reason.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
TravisL wrote:
"
moedexter wrote:
I disagreed. I think Hierophant is the most least played ascendancy class because...the nodes don't make sense. ES scaled based on mana? you gotta collect shitload of mana to make more ES and...dmg penalty per totem? fuck that. Not to mention you only have to cast totems once in a while compared to casters who have to spam their main spells so mana in hierophant is moot.

It's quite obvious you never played hierophant and don't really understand totem, oh, and really bad at basic math

except for one skill RF, you get damage penalty per totem, but you have more totem, so overall damage and coverage is way higher, is that really hard?

and ES from mana, take MoM cluster and 2 more mana nodes, you never worried about the mana cost even without clarity, get extra 1k-2k es for free that allows you to use cheap gear for CI, and dram fragments ring became insanely good,

None of these considered weak class really suck, they just could produce a meta build, and most players don't know how to play only know how to copy, when streamers like Mathil Pohx Ziggy they don't play, these people will just go "oh it must sucks, you can't farm dried lake with these class",different form of sheeple that's all

^ 100% THIS!

I played hierophant totem guys for a long time and I always loved those chars.

Fact that even fairly decent pc can get fps drops with 3+ totems vomiting pixels all over the screen is propably also quite a factor.

My curent hiero has 4 totems spewing like 6 projectiles each, 2 golems and usualy several instances of rain of fire all over the place.
Last edited by Asheren on May 14, 2017, 4:55:20 AM
I have an easy question about Deadeye while Deadeye players in here. Did anybody tried "fork" with "Powerful Precision"? Is it working? If it is, ice shot can deal insane damage even if the target is boss/single.
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info