deadeye not being played at all.

"
Cataca wrote:
Imho Deadeye is at least in a better place than juggernaut, whos main draw got replaced by a pair of boots this league.

Deadeye is going to be played once pierce is not the be-all-end-all support on projectile attacks, with the double dipping changes. When chain doesnt negatively double-dip with poison, guess what is going to be more important? More poisons on the target. = Max chain.

And lets not talk about ascendant, that class is completely overshadowed by everything.

Pierce is not the be-all-end-all at the moment.
It depends what people are doing. For poison double dipping pierce and drillneck is still a popular choice.

For many other chain is the go-to AoE booster because our dmg is now at such a high point that you can 1 shot packs with TS (or LA)-GMP-CHAIN-X-Y-Z. Combined with headenchants, Rigwalds Quiver and +1 additional arrow quivers you get an AoE clearspeed that exceeds pierce setups in many instances.

This also goes for Wands and Mine + wand builds with kinetic blast.

Pierce is still good but honestly I think it's kind of lackluster compared to a strong chain-setup.
I've found pierce (100%) is noticeably better than chain unless your aoe skill is strong enough to 1 shot content even on a dampened high tier map with enfeeble for example.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
For me, only way to play Deadeye is Pierce Ice Shot (with ice shot jewel) and Point Blank. Its like melee archer, a bit weird but tanky and fast farmer because of returning projectiles and chain/fork. Or just go spark and chain you know its a weird one too. But you know when you think about other possible builds/ascends Deadeye is not even close to be in top 1000 list.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
moedexter wrote:
I disagreed. I think Hierophant is the most least played ascendancy class because...the nodes don't make sense. ES scaled based on mana? you gotta collect shitload of mana to make more ES and...dmg penalty per totem? fuck that. Not to mention you only have to cast totems once in a while compared to casters who have to spam their main spells so mana in hierophant is moot.

It's quite obvious you never played hierophant and don't really understand totem, oh, and really bad at basic math

except for one skill RF, you get damage penalty per totem, but you have more totem, so overall damage and coverage is way higher, is that really hard?

and ES from mana, take MoM cluster and 2 more mana nodes, you never worried about the mana cost even without clarity, get extra 1k-2k es for free that allows you to use cheap gear for CI, and dram fragments ring became insanely good,

None of these considered weak class really suck, they just could produce a meta build, and most players don't know how to play only know how to copy, when streamers like Mathil Pohx Ziggy they don't play, these people will just go "oh it must sucks, you can't farm dried lake with these class",different form of sheeple that's all
Last edited by TravisL on May 5, 2017, 8:30:10 PM
And it matters because....reasons?
Unless they deadlock classes/ascendancies on purpose just to keep every one of them played equally, i don't really see them all being equal in utility/power.

Especially when you consider that meta tends to shift every major patch/league.
No rest for the wicked.
Yea Deadeye and Ascendant really need a rework. Juggernaut has cool abilities but they could use a few node changes as well.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I'm playing a crit Berserker this league and swapping my gear over and a few changes in gear (Skyforth+Rigwald's Quills) results in better DPS. So I wouldn't say Deadeye is completely trash. Sure the other two ascendancies might be faster but that doesn't mean Deadeye is trash.
"
TravisL wrote:
"
moedexter wrote:
I disagreed. I think Hierophant is the most least played ascendancy class because...the nodes don't make sense. ES scaled based on mana? you gotta collect shitload of mana to make more ES and...dmg penalty per totem? fuck that. Not to mention you only have to cast totems once in a while compared to casters who have to spam their main spells so mana in hierophant is moot.

It's quite obvious you never played hierophant and don't really understand totem, oh, and really bad at basic math

except for one skill RF, you get damage penalty per totem, but you have more totem, so overall damage and coverage is way higher, is that really hard?

and ES from mana, take MoM cluster and 2 more mana nodes, you never worried about the mana cost even without clarity, get extra 1k-2k es for free that allows you to use cheap gear for CI, and dram fragments ring became insanely good,

None of these considered weak class really suck, they just could produce a meta build, and most players don't know how to play only know how to copy, when streamers like Mathil Pohx Ziggy they don't play, these people will just go "oh it must sucks, you can't farm dried lake with these class",different form of sheeple that's all

^ 100% THIS!

I played hierophant totem guys for a long time and I always loved those chars.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on May 7, 2017, 8:56:31 AM
Seems like everyone just gave up on Deadeye, ricochet seems nice but +1 chain just does not seem to cut it at all against raider / pathfinders choices. also the +1 projectile is really not a big deal for bowers at all.
"
Seems like everyone just gave up on Deadeye, ricochet seems nice but +1 chain just does not seem to cut it at all against raider / pathfinders choices. also the +1 projectile is really not a big deal for bowers at all.

Deadeye's problems are far worse than just that.
The entire branch for Ricochet is really weak - Fast and Deadly is literally a notable and chain is mutually exclusive with pierce, which Powerful Precision gives in spades.
Rupture is shit because the vast majority of bow skills are elemental conversion, and those that aren't deal lots of little hits which makes bleed useless.
Your only other choice is to get the Endless Munitions branch which also gives Far Shot. Inc AOE got gutted, extra projectile is niche as hell and far shot only serves to offset point blank.

The best node in the entire tree is Powerful Precision, which is a 2-point one.

Deadeye has issues. You pick it for easy pierce or not at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info