deadeye not being played at all.

"
Hemmingfish wrote:
[..]far shot only serves to offset point blank.

Far Shot is a lot better if you don't demolish your long-range damage output with Point Blank... It's worth noting that they're multiplicative, so with both allocated you're looking at just 65% base Damage at max range, compared to 130% with only Far Shot.
From a practical standpoint they're sooner mutually exclusive than an offset for eachother :/
"
You don't build Evasion Juggernaut, that doesn't make sense.

You skipped over the part where I said one should build hybrid. Pure Armour isn't that great, especially if you fall for the Unwavering Stance trap on Kaom's Roots: there's exactly zero Elemental Damage mitigation there, and Armour doesn't offer time for Recovery. It often happens that someone builds pure Armour, runs a Map with two Elemental Damage mods, and then blames Armour for their death.

Low investment in Evasion (5-10k) is remarkably effective, it still offers a whole bunch of mitigation for almost nothing. That bit of Evasion mitigates 30-40% of all Elemental Attack damage taken, and gives room to recover lost Life. Hybrid Ar/Ev is the shit. The Juggernaut is pretty solid for a hyrbid build by offering ECharges (synergy with Armour) and a large chunk of the %Armour needed; pick a few hybrid Ar/Ev nodes plus Soul of Steel and you're set for defences.

also iron reflexes fucking lol of course that's not worth the investment.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 8, 2017, 3:05:12 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Low investment in Evasion (5-10k) is remarkably effective, it still offers a whole bunch of mitigation for almost nothing. That bit of Evasion mitigates 30-40% of all Elemental Attack damage taken, and gives room to recover lost Life. Hybrid Ar/Ev is the shit. The Juggernaut is pretty solid for a hyrbid build by offering ECharges (synergy with Armour) and a large chunk of the %Armour needed; pick a few hybrid Ar/Ev nodes plus Soul of Steel and you're set for defences.

Did you forget that you're in General Discussion? :P You know what the General Consensus is in these parts, you even said it on page one:

"
Vipermagi wrote:
(but Ar/Ev are literally useless right so lol w/e)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I have a level 88 Deadeye.
Playing Ice Shot + Kaom's + Chinsol + Omen of the Winds(x2) + Drillneck(+1 Arrow Corruption) + Xoph's Blood Amulet

Skill Tree:

Bandits:
Oak
Kraityn - Oak is viable since AtkSpd isn't what we focus. This is more of a QoL boost.
Kraityn

Gems:
Main skill -
Ice Shot
Added Cold Damage
Elemental Focus
Fire Penetration
Cold to Fire
Weapon Elemental Damage

CoH setup -
Frenzy
GMP - Faster Attacks can be subbed here. Targets potentially hit would be reduced from 14 to 6.
CoH
Flammability

Auras -
Hatred
Arctic Armour
Herald of Ash
Enlighten

Utility -
Enduring Cry
Blink Arrow
Vaal Grace
Increased Duration

Ascendancy:
Endless Munitions - Ice Shot fire 3 projectiles because of ascendancy + corrupted Drillneck. Also +100% AoE from this ascendancy and Omen of the Winds(x2)

Ricochet - this is for my CoH so my frenzy attack chains to other targets.

The concept of this build is pretty straight forward. Run up near a pack and shoot.
The Chinsol will deal mass damage upfront. As the projectiles travel further the AoE is so large on Ice Shot that targets will begin getting shotgunned by AoE stacking making up for the loss of damage because of their distance from me. If somehow anything doesn't get killed by the massive AoE's + Damage then the Herald of Ash ignites do it. It works really well for clearing and for single target boss killing. Really fun and satisfying.
Last edited by maLcious on May 8, 2017, 8:22:57 AM
"
maLcious wrote:

Look at this passive tree, all the way for these life clusters and stun immunity even if there is no bow cluster in the area (you cant convert melee clusters to bow with lioneye jewel too because melee nodes are not very well planned/located for bow builds). This is the main problem for me. Im getting everything i need with my CI/LL builds so easily, all the damage and ES nodes. And youre going to the other side of the tree for %100 life. This is just broken af.

If only they can add some ES stuff to the deadeye like trickster (dodge/ES is pretty neat for me) it can be better. Otherwise with this life focus it is completely trash atm.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on May 8, 2017, 7:42:01 PM
Does the Deadeye Passive "Far Shot" apply the more modifier to the DOT portion of Caustic Arrow.
"
FarmerTed wrote:
Does the Deadeye Passive "Far Shot" apply the more modifier to the DOT portion of Caustic Arrow.

No. Far Shot explicitly states it only applies to Attacks - Damage over Time is never Attack Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:

No. Far Shot explicitly states it only applies to Attacks - Damage over Time is never Attack Damage.

Thank you. Sometimes my reading comprehension sucks.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I am so confused. I'd JUST made an AR/EV character when I saw Vipermagi's first comment, and now he's saying it's the shit and goddamnit people this sort of mess is NOT why I keep you around. :(

Hehehe I read Vipermagi's first page comment as sarcasm, and his latest comment as his true feelings. The key word was "right" which you might have misread as "right now."

General Discussion and Feedback and Discussions posters are notorious for exaggerating the weaknesses of Life, Armour, and Evasion, so a poke at them ("Here are a bunch of benefits of not using Kaom's Roots, oh wait, you guys never take advantage of the benefits right now because you find them useless, right??? Guess all these bonuses don't matter at all, then. No sirree, no one would ever want sizeable elemental Attack DPS reduction for a tiny investment.") is reasonable to expect.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 10, 2017, 6:00:53 PM
Consider my usual writing style, use of punctuation, grammar, the works.
Then, re-read this comment: "(but Ar/Ev are literally useless right so lol w/e)"

Was it really that opaque? :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info