deadeye not being played at all.

"
Jideament wrote:
I have an easy question about Deadeye while Deadeye players in here. Did anybody tried "fork" with "Powerful Precision"? Is it working? If it is, ice shot can deal insane damage even if the target is boss/single.

Not sure what you mean with "working".

The "return" part only happens if none of the other things (pierce, fork, chain) happen at that target.
See here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Projectile#Subprojectiles
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Not saying Deadeye is a great class or anything but it does have its niche uses. Huge AoE bonus and +1 Projectile has proven to be very useful for a silly idea I had: Incinerate + Magma Orb + CWC. No LWP/GMP needed, you get strong offscreen aoe from Magma Orb and strong up-front single target from Incinerate.

Granted, I've barely played this league at all, but what bit I did play, Deadeye served to be a fun class for that without any gear being needed. Sure Pathfinder with Dying Sun would probably outshine it, but I didn't play enough this league to be able to afford that.

I just wanted something unique to play without spending a whole lot of currency for the little bit of time I spent this league, and Deadeye was able to provide that. :)

EDIT: The build can still make use of Dying Sun as a Deadeye, so it isn't completely overshadowed in that regard.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on May 14, 2017, 11:52:08 AM
If the returning projectiles cant hit to the same target again, i really dont know what the hack is that node supposed to do. Seriously why any player need it, i mean for what?
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Jideament wrote:
If the returning projectiles cant hit to the same target again, i really dont know what the hack is that node supposed to do. Seriously why any player need it, i mean for what?

I use it (with CA) for the pierce.
it's great for league starter but once u get ur flasks and stuff no point on playing deadeye this is the clear speed meta
i enjoy deadeye but i will admit im not like, mega top end level, i've only just got access to the map device lol.
"
Zrevnur wrote:

"
Draegnarrr wrote:

The mana > ES scaler is additive with ES bonuses so provides a ludicrously small bonus even with 4k mana

With 1200 base mana this bonus is >=300 base ES. 300 base ES is not what I would consider "a ludicrously small bonus"

It is compared to the other 4/2pt defensive nodes other classes get, not helped by it encouraging mana stacking but also removing a a chunk of the point of mana stacking, good for MoM but then you've got no auras and running MoM off regen is pretty garbage.

and yeah your extra totems work out as a more multi but you can get a better ratio out by just running a 5l scion helm for most skills, (or a 6 if your going bringer) and just taking a 300% damage bonus, one that you can use the additional totem quiver/shield/chest with too.

Its good that you've planned it out but i still think i've never seen a build for heirophant that isn't better as something else its just a total mess of ideas that contradict each other.

Deadeye just falls flat because its mechanics are currently unneccesary, bleed and crit are easier to obtain as assassin, straight damage is easier as raider, poison/op pots for pathfinder the only node that really stands out in deadeye are farshot and the free chain. I'd love to make something funky with the arrows returning but really not sure how possible it is and i'm under no illusion that it wouldn't be better to just 100% pierce and hit everything the first time.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
running MoM off regen is pretty garbage.

For running MoM per mana regen (without crazy %increased mana regen) you need something extra. Usually "%damage taken gained as mana" or enchant on boots:

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
its just a total mess of ideas that contradict each other.

Sort of yes. Consequently there are not many builds which want Hierophant.
Well, my first character in this game ever was a deadeye, and I enjoyed it greatly. Basically, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore if I didn't like my deadeye :) It's a bit glass cannon-ish, so it might not suit everyone's playstyle, but the Ricochet skill in combination with Tornado Shot is absolutely amazing.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
Cataca wrote:
Imho Deadeye is at least in a better place than juggernaut, whos main draw got replaced by a pair of boots this league.

Juggernaut is still very nice for a Life RF build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info