deadeye not being played at all.

"
Well, my first character in this game ever was a deadeye, and I enjoyed it greatly. Basically, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore if I didn't like my deadeye :) It's a bit glass cannon-ish, so it might not suit everyone's playstyle, but the Ricochet skill in combination with Tornado Shot is absolutely amazing.
Well good to know there are still some deadeyes out there, that also would be my approach to it. Tornado shot with chain seems nice to get arrows everywhere. I still think that Deadeye is lackluster to pathfinder / raider regardless. Ricochet is the only thing that kinda holds up and i still think it should be +2 chain if you look at the insane bonuses of pathfinder and raider.

But yea, gonna continue trying out deadeye with numerous things and start it in 3.0 no matter what. Niche classes are definitley something that should exist, i just think that if "niche" becomes really underpowered compared to the other things in the game then thats just lame.
they just need to tweak some of the talents appropriately, one chain is too few to make up for not piercing in the grand scheme of things, the 200 accuracy / 20% radius talent got gutted by the area changes as it just isn't that useful to get area anymore and that means both 4 pt'ers are pretty weak.

I actually think far shots about the best talent deadeye get, but it carries the increased risk of offscreen oneshots which is kinda sad.

Alternatively they could nerf pierce as a whole or buff fork/chain gems. It seems rather dumb that pierce/fork/chain all increase the number of targets hit by an attack but pierce gives you 20% more damage, fork gives you like 15% less i think and chains 35% or some ridiculous number.
I would really like the idea of +2 chain.

This thread about DeadEye keeps getting posts but i don't see one about Scion. That class is not only not played at all but people forgot that it exists.
Well scion will get reworked for sure, deadeye however if it stays like this will just remain the lackluster class for ranger that will just remain to be ridiculously outclassed by pathfinder and raider. I still hope that it has to get reworked due to the bleeding changes so maybe rupture together with the whole ascendancy is gonna get reviewed. I mean it does not take that much to make it at least an option again, just give it something compared to pathfinder / raider.
Last edited by theoneandonly33 on May 27, 2017, 12:12:58 PM
playing a deadeye SSF actually, i think that the ascendency is weak because you have many notable acendency point that oppose common strategy with bow skill :

- ricochet (skill chains +1) is good, but is pointless when you pierce since pierce is applied first.
- far shot (30% more projectile damage at distance) is good but pointless if you want to use pointblank

some things that could be worked around :

- keep ricochet, make chain have 25-50% chance to happen even when projectile pierce.
- get fast and deadly 10% damage reduction from projectiles, or 10% more chance to evade projectile attacks
- make rupture perform bleeding stacks
- far shot can have 10% more damage at point blank up to 30% at screen distance so it can get at least some benefits for point blank users too
"
- keep ricochet, make chain have 25-50% chance to happen even when projectile pierce.
- get fast and deadly 10% damage reduction from projectiles, or 10% more chance to evade projectile attacks
- far shot can have 10% more damage at point blank up to 30% at screen distance so it can get at least some benefits for point blank users too

Really like those ideas, especially the synergies with point blank. Also Chain and Pierce need to get tweaked that seems to be clear now.
Dead-eye needs some stuff like

"can summon up to one additional ranged attack totem" in order to function.

Focusing purely on projectile, while logical, is dumb. Since projectile/ranged is already so inherently overpowered compared to other things granting significant bonuses to the play-style in itself will never work.(which is why the ascendancy is "half-baked")

They should focus, not so much on the "projectiles" but more on the "huntress" aspect of the bow oriented ranger in my opinion.

things like "rupture" are very nice but deserve a four pointer node like =>

(2 pointer) Rupture

- 25% to bleed enemy's
- 80% increased critical against bleeding enemy's
- don't take extra damage while bleeding

(4 pointer) Blood harvester

- 25% to bleed enemy's
- 40% increased critical damage against bleeding enemy's
- 35% move speed if you bleed an enemy recently
- bleeding enemy's explode granting 150 life and 50 mana on kill.

Another route should focus on Ranged attack totem and then a final route that covers quirky projectile functions to toy with making a total of 3 big routes.

They can be projectile damage focused, but preferably not directly(like the RaT route, big dps increase but strategical not automated)

That's all i got.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:

Rive hype.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Jideament wrote:
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:

Rive hype.

rive spectral throw deadeye, sound good ;)
Really appreciating all the feedback guys, hopefully ggg will review deadeye as there are so many cool possibilities to make it appealing while still somewhat niche. Really like the Ranged Attack Totem idea as well !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info