[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

following closely bud. using your builds for the last 3-4 leagues and this vaal double strike looks amazing. Im just about to switch from tectonic slam to vaal double strike but want to get all the parts before I do. have limited curency available since a 10 month old is crawling around me all day and would like to spend what i got wisely.
Got a few questions for you:
-What would be best chest to use ?
- 40% enchant on abyssus or the 15% on lightpoacher
-what would be best belt for the build or an upgrade to belt of deceiver
-abysus jewel with unholy proc over Sin's rebirth ?
- is pandemonium best ammy or a double Gain ammy ?
- drop some 5% life nodes for " Revenge of the haunted" ?
Merry Christmas bud . Great work ...keep on keeping on !!
Spoiler
message me or wisper in game @DoETagS
Last edited by detecto on Dec 23, 2018, 4:02:16 PM
"
detecto wrote:
following closely bud. using your builds for the last 3-4 leagues and this vaal double strike looks amazing. Im just about to switch from tectonic slam to vaal double strike but want to get all the parts before I do. have limited curency available since a 10 month old is crawling around me all day and would like to spend what i got wisely.
Got a few questions for you:
-What would be best chest to use ?
- 40% enchant on abyssus or the 15% on lightpoacher
-what would be best belt for the build or an upgrade to belt of deceiver
-abysus jewel with unholy proc over Sin's rebirth ?
- is pandemonium best ammy or a double Gain ammy ?
- drop some 5% life nodes for " Revenge of the haunted" ?
Merry Christmas bud . Great work ...keep on keeping on !!
Spoiler

Hey ) thanks for following along!

3.5 Vaal Double Strike is feeling really nice! It's one of those builds that makes you feel like your cutting through the content like a hot knife through butter. I've been farming everything and enjoying the speed and the explosions, very fun!

1) Best chest is probably a GG Loreweave. Only get one with 80% res roll. Not worth it otherwise. At least 50 life if possible. The other rolls are all niceties.

2) The best enchant whether abyssus or lightpoacher is the 15% double dmg chance. You can def run Abyssus 100% of the time, but if you wanna be extra safe, get something else. Stark/Lightpoacher/GG Rare.

3) Deceiver is pretty good. Turn off intimidate in PoB and you'll see what I mean. You could go with a nice Stygian + Abyss Jewel, but it would have to be pretty damned good to beat out "Intimidate".

4) Sure, you can get unholy proc and pick up Taste of Hate instead, but the Smoke from Sin's is pretty good defense for Syndicate bs. Unholy Abyss jewel is only "on kill", so not gonna be active for bosses and we don't need more DPS for trash. Taste for Uber Elder for sure.

5) Pandemonius is pretty much for defense, again Syndicate help. Blinding is what gives the build 57% chance to evade and chilling. Without that we're at 17% evade and Abyssus is ouch! To see how effective it is, check out the HQ GIF of the Mino kill. In it, if you notice, mid fight while face tanking him I am taking no damage and my shield is regenerating. The best mitigation we can hope for is to take no damage at all.

6) Revenge of the haunted is def nice. Dropping 5% life is harsh if you go with Loreweave, which doesn't have a lot of life. But that's what PoB is for. Import toon and try to make it work. Int is a big problem also with so many uniques, but not using Haemophilia is gonna suck, we lose the nice explosions and have to fit in Chance to Bleed into 6L, which breaks the nice trash setup Multistrike + Ancestral Call + Melee Splash. Without those 3 supports packs just won't pop as nicely. You CAN drop Death's Door, but we attack so fast that bleed flask or not you're gonna kill yourself at some point against corrupted blood packs. I've seen myself getting 40 stacks in a second! There are ways to fix it, with GG rings, jewels and then you may be able to reclaim the 30 int node + Sentinel nodes and something else. I'm sure I'll get there eventually min-maxing, specially cuz it would be nice to grab Claws of The Pride close by.

Merry Xmas! Thanks for the kind words and GL!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 23, 2018, 5:54:18 PM
Doing a bit of testing with:

For Mino, def Light + Pande
Last edited by corosou on Dec 23, 2018, 6:51:16 PM
3.5 Vaal Double Strike Video Update!

Pretty clean first Shaper test:

HQ GIF

Youtube: T17 - Shaper (Full Run, Deathless)

I didn't switch out of single target setup so trash clear was bad, but all I care there was for a few flasks and vaal skill recharge.

GL!
Quick 3.5 update

Cat's Stealth and Shaper Orbs not seeing you:

HQ GIF

And this is a little something I've been testing. Try killing the annoying scorpions on the path to the boss on T15 - Desert Springs. You might be surprised at the drop rate:

GL!
Can you guys help me?

i have only 50k dps, but i need alot more for ubber lab farming so ai am here to ask for some help to ptimizemy build.

https://pastebin.com/x42CgDDm

What do i need more? I have like 20 chaos left

Thanks
Is the Reave/BF build you have still a viable option? I love BF and the option to switch to Cyclone too, I'm usually a Witch player but want to do a Jugg for some ez farming.
"
RyderFoxx wrote:
Is the Reave/BF build you have still a viable option? I love BF and the option to switch to Cyclone too, I'm usually a Witch player but want to do a Jugg for some ez farming.

Sure! I am currently rotating between BF/DS/RV with my current setup.

Here's a PoB that has them all 3 with the gems for both Single Target and AoE Trash setups:

https://pastebin.com/Jrftdsv5

For most everything I run DS. When setup for AoE with Multistrike + Ancestral + Melee Splash the trash clear speed is the best out of the 3. A single hit and you pop most trash packs. I like the clear speed better than RV, specially because the Vaal DS adds + Vaal Warchief can be dropped at OHH SHIT (Syndicate) moments and they can pretty much wipe the entire screen in a matter of seconds.

The only time I really swap out of DS is when I run BF to do Red Elder. The reason being that DS doesn't naturally have built in AoE, so you either have to do the fight in Single Target setup, which makes it easy to kill Elder, but shit to kill the squids/portals, OR in AoE setup which makes it shit to kill Elder, but easy to kill squids/portals. BF on the other hand retains a small AoE even when in Single Target setup, as the only support you are switching is Conc. > AoE, so the fight goes a lot smoother.

GL!
"
drking100 wrote:
Can you guys help me?

i have only 50k dps, but i need alot more for ubber lab farming so ai am here to ask for some help to ptimizemy build.

https://pastebin.com/x42CgDDm

What do i need more? I have like 20 chaos left

Thanks

I don't usually do this, just cuz I feel you have all the info you need, you are doing mostly fine and figuring out stuff like this is one of the fun parts of the game and I don't like spoiling it for people... But once in a while, why not? sure ;)

1) Rings need as high #-# phys dmg rolls as possible. Same goes for amulet, if you aren't using Pandemonius. Can also go with Marylene's here for a cheap high DPS option.
2) Flasks. You don't have a single one of the DPS ones.
3) Hypothermia Support.
4) Intimidate. You have it turned on, but it comes from Belt of the Deceiver and you aren't using it.
5) Wasp is fine, but a good roll Scourge (~270 PDPS) + 30% Q beast craft is a great option to keep in mind.

Here's the latest PoB of my Betrayal toon:

https://pastebin.com/juPFi361

Keep in mind this is showing all possible effects active. It doesn't mean this is happening 100% of the time, it's just to show which effects the build can take advantage of at any given moment. Some people may call this "fake DPS", but in my experience the easiest way to optimize a build is to do it at its max potential DPS settings, because if I optimize at max potential, then it will most likely also be optimized at its min potential.

Also, this way there isn't as much guesswork and forgetting which effects can be taken advantage of, such as Hypothermia not showing up as a great DPS gem option when you don't have "chilled" turned on in Config. Same goes for Full Life Dmg support, which in testing from 2.4 to current 3.5 can be sustained NP by Bloodseeker instaleech.

This game is about taking advantage of multiple little effects that add and stack up. That's why defense is a multi layer approach of life/es+res+armour+evasion+dodge+stunres+immunities+etc.

You're doing mostly fine though, so just keep working at it! And if you want to make a lot of money, just run Uber Lab non-stop, or learn how to Delve Flare Farm the darkness.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 30, 2018, 4:22:44 AM
3.5 Blade Flurry / Vaal Double Strike / Vaal Reave update!

So, I've made a bunch of optimizations and pulled out quite a lot more DPS.

-::- The Gear -::-

-::- The Changes -::-

1) The claw: I got lucky with a trans > aug > regal and multi-crafted. Got the +fire roll with regal and didn't want to risk the annul and this is more than enough!

2) Abyssus enchant: Just crazy OP DPS and I've fully tested that I've mitigated the +dmg taken with all the layered defense the build has and I am still not using Loreweave.

3) Death's Door: If you've played any of my builds, you know these are my favorite boots. Not much to say.

4) Belt Corruption: Look for that nice +crit multi corruption. I scored this one for 20c!

5) Links: Check the PoB. I added Damage on Full Life after testing and confirming it's working just fine with instaleech from Bloodseeker, something I have been doing since 2.4. Also, since my crit chance is high enough Crit Dmg support is now higher than Crit Chance support.

6) Flasks: Taste of Hate in for Atziri's. TBH, I haven't felt the need for any Chaos res doing T15 Syndicate lvl 3 stuff, but my toon is pretty optimized already, your mileage may vary...

7) Tree: Went with full Phase Acrobatics and ya, I like it! The added layer makes the game feel easy mode. Delving is a pleasure with Vaal DS!

-::- The Stats -::-
https://pastebin.com/TqW8dS8m

Vaal Double Strike

Blade Flurry

Vaal Reave

Crazy thing is there's still room to improve ;) GG Steel Rings next imo..

GL and enjoy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info