[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

-::- Welcome Exiles !! -::-

I'm back after a 2-3 league hiatus!

3.10 Molten Strike Jugg - Delirious/Twin T16 Carcass

*click picture for HD view & more videos soon...

Currently #2 DPS Molten Strike Jugg in poe.ninja

*click picture to go to poe.ninja builds

-::- Introduction -::-

This guide has been around since 2.6. It was originally called “ScourgeFlurry” and was initially focused on a Berserker build using a combination of The Scourge + BloodSeeker + Blade Flurry. Needless to say, a lot of things have changed since then.

I also took a long break from the game to focus on Classic WoW for a bit, but I'm finally back!

To simplify things this guide now only contains the current league build(s).

-::- 3.10 Molten Strike Juggernaut -::-
Spoiler

-::- Gear & Skills -::-

-::- What do I need to know? -::-

• The craft on gloves Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy is required.

• For body armour, Shroud is cheap and easy to 5L to get started.

• The rare body armour I bought as is for 25c and 6S/L myself.

• Jewels may be hard to find, but you can always craft them.

• You don't need Abyss jewels, I just got those for the bonus to life from Shroud. You can use regular ones with %life, Attack Speed, Fire dmg.

• The Cluster Jewel you want has Adds 8 Passive Skills and either of these below:

Added Small Passive Skills grant: Mace or Sceptre Attacks deal 12% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments

or

Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Attack Damage

I am using the Attack Damage one because the Mace one is broken in Path of Building and that means it's broken to calculate your DPS in poe.ninja too.

• You can use the Large Jewel Socket close to Elemental Overload for more DPS, but costs 1 more point to get.

• Life degen can be a little bit annoying with 2 x Nebulochs sometimes. Remember you can always swap to your second set of weapons to stop the degen as it only lasts for 4 seconds.

• The build is very tanky! I have no problem running juiced T16s with only 5.2k life. *Videos soon!!

• You don't need Ancestral Call with glove craft, but you can use if you want to.

• For mapping/single-target swap:

And swap skill binding between:

• For Elemental Weakness maps use:

• For easy Uber Lab traps use:

• Natural Affinity gives you grasping vines all the time, but it also gives you 20% to deal Double Damage + 10% less damage taken.

If you move with Leap Slam, you can keep your bonus. If you walk, you start losing vines/bonus.

-::- PoB Stats, Config & Tree -::-

**MAX DPS POTENTIAL SETTINGS

-::- PoB Link -::-

• https://pastebin.com/UTg5QaFa
    *04/02/2020

-::- Old Showcase Videos -::-

-::- Old Quotes From People Who've Tried My Builds -::-
Spoiler

Credit first Shaper 3.0 kill with build: Fryzie
"
Fryzie wrote:

Can confirm this build is indeed Shaper viable. Really solid build with no real issues aside from personal mess ups.

Good job on this build! Funnest build I've played in a long time!

"
bpesnya87 wrote:
nice build man
shaper with tabula!!

"
Bimor89 wrote:
..what can i say
Shaper down at lvl 78!:

"
haamoo wrote:
This build works as advertised! I wish I'd found this at the start of Harbinger, this guide under-promises and over-delivers. I started smiling at about level 40 and have not stopped since. Rolling through labs at a disgustingly low level...no problem. The Bloodseeker claw is like Vaal Pact on steroids, I can't believe I'd never heard of it until this build. I'm leveling with Arctic Armor & Warlord's Mark/Blasphemy. Mapping feels fun again, no longer a grind. I often complete a map and realize the boss is dead and I've forgotten to swap Inc AOE for Conc, but I melted them anyway. I'm not sure how I'm going to play a build without Whirling Blades ever again.

"
blizaro wrote:
Currently running this in HC Harbinger, super fun build, tanky, so far so good!

"
StormHavoc wrote:
+1 For this build. It's very well designed.

PROS:
-Cheap. Everything can be bought for 1-2c besides Jewelry/Chest/Jewels
-High DMG ~1mil DPS in PoB -Against Guardians/Shaper around 600k.
-Decent clearspeed and able to do most maps (Phys reflect sucks, but is possible with Pantheon)
-Survivability - Can tank almost all hits and instantly leech back thanks to our claw.
-Uber Lab Farmer/Shaper Farmer/T16 Farmer/Atziri Farmer
-NOT VAAL PACT

"
hankinsohl wrote:
I like this build a lot - you essentially get Vaal Pact without the penalty of no regeneration...

For me, this is a great budget build/league-starter, able to kill any boss in the game with little investment. Moreover, if you don't care about clear speed, this build is the only build you will need - it will do everything for you.

Clear speed with this build is fair - not great definitely - but not terrible either.

"
silent wrote:
LOVING this build, most fun I've had in quite a while.

"
MastermindPK wrote:
Running the tankier version of this build right now and it's simply amazing.

My gear isn't worth much more than 1 ex total (besides flasks which don't matter much in long guardian fights) and I was able to basically face tank guardians deathless. This build really does have everything a build would ever need.

It's budget, a starter version through red maps would be very, very cheap. It has room to grow into high gear levels with flasks and 6L belly, etc.

It's got all the benefits of vaal pact without the downside of losing Regen or spending the points to get over there.

You can get an insane HP pool, 8k very reasonably by level 90 even without belly, while still doing the damage to reasonably do shaper and guardians. One hit instantly puts you to full life as well in any boss fight situation.

Plus, a high attack speed build with whirling blades gives insane mobility for both distance traversing maps and dodging stuff in boss fights.

Honestly my biggest problem with the build is that I can't find enough things to waste currency on to make it better. It scales way too well off of cheap stuff to the point where you can't really reasonably spend more than 10 ex on it.

Thanks for the great build!

"
CedricDur wrote:
I'll be honest. This is probably going to be my last build. I see no point in doing others after a lot of waffing around with RF builds, magma orb builds, summoners and etc.

It's 'melee', but hits the whole screen with increased radius (I actually prefer added fire damage as a middle ground between increased radius (no damage, and I feel the radius is large enough alone) and concentrated effect (big damage boost, but makes the radius uncomfortably tiny)), it's tanky as fuck with 8k HP and pseudo-vaal pact -and- it does a really nice damage. The pseudo-vaal pact is fucking amazing! I have no idea how I never saw that claw rear up its head until you put together this cheapo hipster uniques build.

Using your tanky PoB build and turning off all flasks and Vaal Haste it still puts the damage in the 400k-ish boosting up to close to 800k with only the cheapo flasks (screw 150c for Sin's Rebirth :p) and Vall Haste on. This is not counting using Vaal lightning trap.

Good job man, very good job

"
Baggelz wrote:
Been leveling this character as this League I actually want to attempt and get Shaper down and have a sort-of boss killing build that doesn't require too much investment (like Ele-Crit).

Got to Lv. 70 and did Uber Lab 3 keys with very minimal gear, 5l chest was the most expensive piece at 3c. I'd definitely recommend this build right now.

"
nikes0987 wrote:
Thanks for the build! I reroll to this and i love it! Best build i played for long. So much fun and many love to u!

"
Spooo wrote:

Thanks again for such a fantastic build! I would like to re-iterate this build is fantastic you have made something special !

-::- Old Gear Options -::-
Spoiler
Helmets:

Claws:

Stat Sticks:

Body Armours:

Gloves:

Boots:

Belts:

Rings:

Amulets:

Flasks:

-::- Easy Key Binding Setup -::-
Spoiler

*Keep 3 fingers on "234" and thumb on "Space", ready to spam the most used flasks.
*Slide over ring finger to "1" for Life/Bleed flask.

"Q" = Totem
"W" = Whirling Blades/Leap Slam
"E" = Blood Rage/Frenzy
"S" = Secondary Skill/Vaal Haste
"D" = Secondary Skill/Vaal Molten Shell
"A" = Secondary Skill/End Delirium Event

Mouse:

"LMB" = Move Only
"MMB" = Golem/Secondary Skill
"RMB" = Main Attack Skill
"4MB" = Flares
"5MB" = Dynamite

-::- Leveling -::-
Spoiler

There are endless ways to lvl, this is just one, but not exactly cheap.

Gear
Spoiler

Combine at minimum these:
Facebreakers + Lycosidae + Meginord’s + Warden’s Brand + Deidbell + Tabula + Wanderlust

Keep in mind that Lycosidae gives you "Resolute Technique", so don't get RT until you are ready to switch out of the shield.

Skills & Tree
Spoiler

Shield charge + ancestral warchief + faster atk + melee phys. damage + added fire + iaoe/conc

For the tree get all STR and DMG nodes. Forget resists and Life.
With this setup shield charge should one-shot most everything (except bosses) all the way to mapping.

When to switch to your main skill I leave up to you.

Useful list of items to consider for leveling:

Face breakers
Deidbell/Goldrim
Lycosidae
Meginord’s
Wanderlust
Tabula
Warden’s Brand
Blackheart
Le Heup of All
Gifts From Above
Kaom’s Sign
Praxis Paua Ring
Mutewind Seal
Karui Ward
Daresso’s Salute
Extractor Mentis
Pyre
Carnage Heart

-::- My Other Old Builds -::-

Last edited by corosou on Sep 29, 2020, 11:54:39 AM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2019, 1:49:16 PM
dropped some love :)

will try these days by rerolling my marauder tree
"
Necronos777 wrote:
dropped some love :)

will try these days by rerolling my marauder tree

hehe thx!
Got an update for those following.

Found an Abyssus already enchanted:

Here are the numbers with it:

Shocked mobs

Non-shocked mobs

This of course makes you squishier, so I tested and I let some bears slap me and the boss slam me in a T14 Springs; seems fine... You could go with a Lightning Coil to off-set the additional phys dmg taken, but then you'd lose about the same DPS as putting on Devoto's, so if you're gonna go all DPS, go all DPS!! ;)

BUT! I'll definitely still wear Devoto's for Uber:

And speaking of Uber, here's an updated run now that I'm more comfortable with the build.

Uber Lab: ~9 Minutes/10 Rooms/4 Keys/Death's Drop
Another update, pushing DPS even higher...

A friend told me about his Spell Totem + Wither setup.

So, I gave it a shot:

and here are the results in PoB with Wither at 20 stacks:

Shocked mobs

Claw setup is now this:

Can you add lvling tree with steps,please?
"
Bizmousse wrote:
Can you add lvling tree with steps,please?

I updated the leveling section with the gear, skills and what you should look for in your tree as you level.

BUT! I'm sorry, a play-by-play tree is too much hand-holding for my taste.

Also, I did not level this character strictly for this build, I respec into it from my A. Warchief builds.

If the info I provided is not enough for you, pick the leveling guide from any other build out there. It's not really a big concern how you level.

Last edited by corosou on May 2, 2017, 1:14:25 PM
Hey guys, here's a couple of fun runs I just recorded with some cool mods:

Courtyard T15 - 2xBeyond/Breach/Onslaught/6mobs left/9min

Overgrown Ruins T15 - Beyond/Breach/Onslaught/Trial/16mobs left/9min

I'm running with Item Rarity instead of Conc./AoE btw.

This is such a fun build to play! So fast... I love blitzing packs and popping them before they even get a shot off!
An often asked question about Abyssus and Traps. Can it be done?

Yea, here's an AFK trap test as I lvl a few gems:

30sec vid - Abyssus AFK Trap Test
rip this build has only weeks left to live before bleed/poison dbl dip nerfs murder it in cold blood :<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info