[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Pre-updated-PoB 3.5 update!!

I have everything ready, just waiting for PoB to update with full changes.

I'll update main thread once it comes out, but for now, this is what I'm presenting for 3.5.

No stat sticks, straight up legit DW ;)

This time around, I put together 2 different Jugg combos:

"Blade Flurry / Vaal Double Strike / Vaal Reave"
"Vaal Glacial Hammer / Tectonic Slam"

They are both very similar, with most of the changes only in tree, weapons and jewels.

-::- PoB Stats - Blade Flurry / Vaal Double Strike / Vaal Reave -::-
https://pastebin.com/3PtLyKkA

-::- PoB Stats - Vaal Glacial Hammer / Tectonic Slam -::-
https://pastebin.com/aEvnPFgp

Hope you enjoy and GL in new league!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 6, 2018, 9:42:17 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
Sierra_117 wrote:
Hey everyone! I have a kinda dumb question. The title says "Army knife" so does that mean that apart from the gear-socket-skillgem setups(which is different for each build listed), the rest of the stuff(passives, bandits, etc) is the same for all? So, I can hotswap between the different skill-setups listed here according to my preference on the same character? Thanks in advance!

Hi, so, it’s not a dumb question, but the question itself does tell me a bit about how experienced you are with the game, and looking at all your characters, I see your highest is 75, so I’m going to assume you are a fairly new or casual player; so, let me see if I can answer your question and not confuse you ;)

In short, the answer is “yes, and no”. All the variants have things in common, but not EVERYTHING in common.

If you look at the list of variants, you can see, for example, Blade Flurry/Cyclone/Reave are grouped together. This means these skills are all interchangeable with little modification.

Unfortunately, this cannot possibly be the case for all skills. Molten Strike, for example, requires specific “projectile” related nodes that no other skill needs. Elemental hit and Barrage are bow skills, so they have some things in common, but are, of course, not interchangeable with melee skills.

Regarding 3.5, I am currently working on a Glacial Hammer/Tectonic Slam variant. These two skills are very similar, except for some of the support gems they use. So, although pretty much the entire build is exactly the same for both skills, the gem slot colors on your chest piece are not the same, so you won’t be able to swap between them, without recoloring. The best you could do is carry around two body armors each colored to match, should you wish to swap between the two on the fly. I wouldn’t do this personally, I would just pick whichever I liked the most, as both have fairly similar damage output.

In the end, the best suggestion I can give you is to learn to use Path of Building, so that you will be able to answer these questions yourself. This does have a steep learning curve, but the reward is that you’ll be able to try out any skill you want, as many builds made for a particular skill can easily be modified to work with another.

Hope this helps! GL!

Hi!^_^ Thanks for replying! One last question, I was feeling to play Molten Strike Juggernaut, is it possible to kill the hard bosses with it? Like the ones you showed for Ele Hit, Double Strike etc.
"
Sierra_117 wrote:

Hi!^_^ Thanks for replying! One last question, I was feeling to play Molten Strike Juggernaut, is it possible to kill the hard bosses with it? Like the ones you showed for Ele Hit, Double Strike etc.

NP!

For sure, MS can still do all content. This patch you're losing some projectiles, but each projectile is doing more damage, so it evens out.

GL!
Quick 3.5 update

I've been running Tectonic.

Highest map is Corrupted T13 Acid Caverns.

Still haven't completed Uber Lab, just cuz...

Here's the gear:

Pandemonius = 100c (60c halcyon / 40c blessing) at the time I got it. Lucky roll.
It is NOT REQUIRED! Something like this is more than fine!

Lion's Roar = 8c
Atziri's = 9c
Bringer of Rain = 1c
Belt of The Deceiver = 4c
Rotgut = 1alch
The rest... less than 10c

PoB Stats:
https://pastebin.com/945V243h

GL!
sorry if it's a noob question but why do you choose more cold, crit nodes for tectonic? other builds i've seen choose endurance charge nodes. also since tectonic converts some damage to fire, wouldn't it be better to choose fire nodes?

thanks for your guide btw, it's helping me learn how to navigate poe mechanics
"
ssoulcrusher wrote:
sorry if it's a noob question but why do you choose more cold, crit nodes for tectonic? other builds i've seen choose endurance charge nodes. also since tectonic converts some damage to fire, wouldn't it be better to choose fire nodes?

thanks for your guide btw, it's helping me learn how to navigate poe mechanics

It's not a noob question. I like to try to take advantage of neglected, cheap, weird combos that mathematically seem to work. Then play them and iron out the kinks, as every build has little nuances that need to be addressed, and then I test them in end-game to make sure they are viable.

In this particular case there's a lot of little reasons why I went cold conversion on a fire skill... Starting league Frostbreaths are 1c and are effectively a 400 DPS weapon on anything chilled. Pandemonius gives me a 100% chance to chill on hit and blind anything chilled. Hypothermia takes advantage of chilling, adds a chance to freeze and is a very nice damage boost. Also, all critical hits have a 100% chance to freeze; so, it's basically a cold-conversion freeze/shatter Tectonic. Freezing and shattering is one of the best effects to help with clear speed and add an extra layer of defense.

I am not sure however that Tectonic will be T16+ viable. The single target once again just falls off dramatically on something like Minotaur. Also the Syndicate has been kicking my ass, so for now I've switched to Vaal Double Strike with Bloodseeker. Clear speed is not as nice as Tec, but at least I was able to complete a T16 Syndicate Fort with it and kill Mino by face tanking. Tectonic sucked when I tried Mino... :/

Glad the post is of help! Keep it up!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 16, 2018, 1:28:00 PM
3.5 Update

Switched out of Tectonic. Really fun clear speed and AoE, but single target seemed a bit weak once I got to T16.

I'm running Vaal Double Strike now and it's feeling pretty good! Been farming red maps, did Mino. It's pretty fast clear speed and quite tanky.

It has a lot of things going! 100% chance to blind/chill, endurance, frenzy, power, acrobatics, and most importantly DW Bloodseekers for some sweet insta life leech. Just the thing we all need, though patch to nerf syndicate coming out tomorrow anyway. Either way, insta life leech is always good times and cheap!

-::- The Gear -::-

Trying to score a +culling Bloodseeker for the other hand.

Still a lot of room to grow: +15% Chance Double Damage Uber Lab enchant, Loreweave, Steel Rings, Death's Door, new league crafted something... there's a lot of crazy shit out there. A 600 PDPS claw wouldn't hurt ;)

-::- The Stats -::-
https://pastebin.com/NQ5tTFxb

This is the single-target setup.

For trash swap:

Melee Physical Damage > Melee Splash
Ruthless > Ancestral Call

Trust me the DPS is more than enough to pop (freeze/shatter/bleed explode) trash groups in a single hit and do red tier bosses if you want. Vaal Double Strike adds and Vaal Ancestral Warchief usually take care of anything on their own :)

DW AND MELEE ARE STILL ALIVE!

GL!
3.5 Vaal Double Strike update

Here's how the toon is looking:

-::- T16 Mino + Perandus Chest -::-

Click here for HQ GIF

Youtube: T16 Minotaur + Syndicate fortification (Corrupted - Endurance on hit, phys dmg reduction, more life)

-::- Kill Gear -::-

***Mino kill with Lightpoacher

-::- Lightpoacher Stats -::-
https://pastebin.com/vSXR9B6i

-::- Abyssus Stats -::-

You can def go with Abyssus for Shaper / Uber Elder. Even regular mapping. I was running it all the way from 80 - 93 non-stop.

To help with syndicate we've got a bunch of things going:

1) Instant Life-Leech
2) Freeze > Shattering
3) Bleed Explosions
4) 100% Chance to Blind
5) 100% Chance to Chill
6) 8k Armour
7) Acrobatics
8) 4 Endurance Charges (5 with Death's Door and can grab more from tree)
9) Power Charge on Crit corruption
10) War Banner
11) Lightpoacher healing
11) 7th link Maim on chest
12) Aspect of the Cat

Still lots of room to grow! But already can do it all.

For mapping swap:

Melee Physical Damage > Melee Splash
Ruthless > Ancestral Call

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 22, 2018, 7:29:09 PM
The bow build with barrage still viable?
"
kadukt wrote:
The bow build with barrage still viable?

Nothing has changed with Barrage as far as I know. It should still work just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info