[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

"
Shield charge + Fortify + CoH + Flammability - Not sure if this is too slow without faster attacks. But could possibly kill 2 birds with 1 stone. This would replace cyclone, which I know you are a big fan of. But simplifies the gameplay as 1 attack is the move/buff/debuf all in one button.

I played like this most of the time, and it's fine. I like to have a movement skill, if not i'm too sad. Shield charge scales with movespeed too so you can use a pot and boots with 30% and you're good. What I miss in this setup is a gap closer. Leap slam is way too slow as main moveskill without attack speed, so often I combine charge with a solo flame dash gem in maps.
At the moment I'm testing charge + faster attack + fortify and CWDT flammability. More speed, "less" debuff update. Works well if you're tanking a strong boss anyway. Works on distant mobs too, but I have to charge them anyway because I'm using max dmg setup with RF (my ring isn't large).
Thanks - glad to hear this is usable without faster attacks! We are socket starved and I didn't want to severely gimp any of the main mechanics of the build.

Has anyone tried manual SR casting vs. totem for this build? Worth it or leave it up to the totem?
So, I'm also planning to use this as a league starter. Anyone have any recommendations for early-league socket for RF? The issue is early on, I won't have the amount of chromes or the level on vorici necessary to 4-blue a str item. So I'll likely be running armor/es on 1 piece of gear. Any recommendations on the pros/cons of boots vs gloves vs helm?
I'm split between this build and this one you've been commenting in. What I like about that build is shield charge over cyclone. It looks like it would be a faster clear speed and looks like it would be more fun to play. What I like about your build is it's survivability. I'm posting here because I honestly believe you're a better in theory than the other guy and I trust your opinion more.

What sort of commentary do you have about cyclone versus shield charge? Is it possible to strike a happy medium between the builds in this regard? I also like his use of two blasphemy curses, but I've read your opinion on that matter and I agree with you.

What are your thoughts on The Red Dream/Nightmare in the slot near the Juggernaut notable passive? Is the EC generation beneficial? It would require an extra 2 or 4 nodes to respectively achieve 26% or a 41% chance to gain an EC on kill. I'm thinking sometime after level 90. I doubt I'll be able to afford it this league but it's nice to dream (hehe).
Last edited by Maskawisewin on Jul 29, 2017, 2:38:20 AM
Guys, wanna try this build in 3.0, but cannot decide between zerker and chieftain for this build. Can someone suggest which one should be better for league starter?
"
gopotan wrote:
Guys, wanna try this build in 3.0, but cannot decide between zerker and chieftain for this build. Can someone suggest which one should be better for league starter?

I'll choose chieftain for starter. It's easier to sustain RF early. Anyway I think I'll stick with this build in endgame, but with a moveskill.

Edit : You still can respec for berserk at high lvl when you have good stuff!
Last edited by Dezosseur on Jul 29, 2017, 6:57:47 AM
I feel like making this my new character. I'm super casual and play PoE for a month every couple of years and then get bored when the mapping starts. Perhaps because I tend to gravitate towards totems or summoners, both who tend to be squishy and then one-shots happen out of the blue. Perhaps also because of the 'slow' clearing speed of waiting either for the summons to get busy or the totems to pop out and do their business.

I've been twiddling my thumbs for a week now. I don't feel that there is a point in getting started or farming/leveling further with my current characters. Still five days to go.

For someone as casual as me I'm thinking maybe I should plain ignore the leagues and their starts and just play in standard.

This is a bit (a lot) unrelated to your thread, but you seem like a cool level headed guy. Give me your opinion on the subject if you would.
"
Maskawisewin wrote:

What are your thoughts on The Red Dream/Nightmare in the slot near the Juggernaut notable passive? Is the EC generation beneficial? It would require an extra 2 or 4 nodes to respectively achieve 26% or a 41% chance to gain an EC on kill. I'm thinking sometime after level 90. I doubt I'll be able to afford it this league but it's nice to dream (hehe).

Hi, im using red nightmare in this jewel slot you said. I know i have little less hp, dmg and regen bcs of that but still it give me 40% block chance, 8% to spells (i swithed one more jewel to uniq) and dont have to click so much :P its not perfect solution, but i dont have super items, mostlu made by myself, and i can make lvl 94->95 without any dead. Still testing skills to play easier :) great build
OP, can you add how to leveling part?

Im newbie and this build pretty good for me. I wanna try it in upcoming patch but i dont know how to leveling effectively, choose bandit, skill point and get decent gear.
A casual PoE guy with some virtual achievement:
- Have a character LEVEL 1 0 0 in: Ranger, Marauder, Shadow, Witch, Templar, Scion and Duelist.
- Rank 1 Juggernault in Atlas Invasion Event
- Rank 5 Juggernault in Delirium Every Where Event
- Rank 4 Chieftain in Endless Heist SSF
"
OP, can you add how to leveling part?

Im newbie and this build pretty good for me. I wanna try it in upcoming patch but i dont know how to leveling effectively, choose bandit, skill point and get decent gear.

Not the OP but I just leveled an RF character recently.

Bandit: Oak
Skill Tree priorities:
This really depends on how you plan to level. You can actually level as RF (you get it at level 21 I think). If you do that, you need to focus on regen on the tree. So you'd do this:

Warrior's Blood, Master of the Arena, Golem's Blood with your first 18 points.
Then: Constitution (Also, pick up the jewel socket along this path and put the str to int jewel in it so you can keep leveling your blue gems).
Keep going north and get Shaper, the 2 regen spots near scion (skip the jewel node for now unless you have a really good jewel). That should be around your mid 20's level wise. Go back down to Dualist area and get Bravery and Art of the Gladiator so you can start using Cyclone/Blade Vortex.
Go west now and get Arsonist, then Combat Stamina. Then down for Barbarism. Then go north for sanctity. After that, go grab Elemental Equalibrium and elemental overload. By now you should be able to drop the int jewel. Just start filling in life nodes wherever you can.

That's how I'd level it anyway. I'd also recommend getting an Ambu's Charge at level 43. It's got good armor and life, plus life regen when you take a hit. And it's Armour/Es so you can put your RF gems in there. This chest can probably carry you into maps until you get Belly or Kaom's.

General advice for leveling as RF: Pack regen wherever you can. Stone golem, Vitality, Regen totem (you won't use it later but it's good early on). Also life flasks and a flask that stops burn damage. You won't be able to sustain RF at all, so you'll need to cycle it on and off when fighting.
Last edited by bridgeburner on Jul 29, 2017, 4:50:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info