[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

I'd honest recommend against using RF to level unless you're a masochist, swap out at the good ol' 65. But as others have said before, it's possible, also if you can get pyre ring @Bridgeburner it makes it so that you CAN sustain rf.
"
Roulce wrote:
I'd honest recommend against using RF to level unless you're a masochist, swap out at the good ol' 65. But as others have said before, it's possible, also if you can get pyre ring @Bridgeburner it makes it so that you CAN sustain rf.

It really wasn't that bad to level as RF. I picked up a Kikazaru (sp?) and a springleaf and just made sure I always had fire res capped. The main reason I plan to level as RF is because this tree really doesn't have any damage nodes that help us early game, so RF is the only thing that's really getting scaled on damage with all the life nodes we're taking.
Just level with Sunder on a 4L and Ancestral Warchief; it generally steamrolls everything. You go off the RF skill tree a little with nodes like Butchery, but you don't have to do a full respec; primary RF tree covers life / defenses well, just pick up some more 2H damage. I just took it to early A5 (LV 40) in the beta and it was smooth sailing even being ~3 levels under each zone.

Yes, you can level with RF, but it's not an enjoyable experience imo.
Looks great and i have a few questions before jumping into the next patch. How exactly are you activating EE to benefit RF? You mention how it's good, but not the mechanics of how it works. Also in your videos you are very successful but yet you get dislikes on every video. Is there something more to this build that makes it so disliked?
"
Looks great and i have a few questions before jumping into the next patch. How exactly are you activating EE to benefit RF? You mention how it's good, but not the mechanics of how it works. Also in your videos you are very successful but yet you get dislikes on every video. Is there something more to this build that makes it so disliked?

You need an item with "cold/lightning dmg to attacks". Personally, I'm planning to use Orb of Storms with increased crit because it takes care of EE and EO at the same time and I can drop blade vortex.

I think his videos have dislikes because they aren't very well edited. They include him selling stuff or just not starting the video on the action.
"
How exactly are you activating EE to benefit RF? You mention how it's good, but not the mechanics of how it works.

I think the most common way of activating RF is to have a ring/amulet with the mod "adds cold/lightning damage to attacks", and then use a skill like Shield Charge to apply the cold/lightning dmg so that EE activates on whatever you're hitting.
Thank you so much for the replies. You learn something new everyday! I personally thought the videos were good.
Last edited by CylonVR on Jul 30, 2017, 11:54:30 PM
I leveled with RF from level 27 on. It could have been earlier if I had been willing to sacrifice three points to deviate from the build, but tbh once we get Ancestral Protector + Splash we're fine to level. Upsides it does not eat our mana. Once we get Facebreaker even Shield charge is enough to kill mobs, and the totem is just for the bosses.

By 27 I had capped resistances, two Kikazuro rings, one shaper seed, one Springleaf and was losing HP only slowly, allowing for a two HP flask setup to prop me up easily between fights. As soon as I got Cyclone I placed a Life on Hit as suggested by the OP and I completely stopped losing HP during fights needing only to sustain myself between fights.

The stone golem was the tipping point. From then on my next points in regen put me in a (slow) positive regain.

I'm 42 now. Damage is good, I'm running through mobs and they die ^^

I'm trying a Scorching Ray + Spell totem setup that was advised, but I don't really notice any difference with or without it. In the spirit of being lazy I might drop it.

On the matter of ascendencies Chieftain seems so dull. Nothing much is really added as we fish for the 0.5% regen nodes. It works, but eh. Jugs seems more interesting though the math is ultimately against it. I think that the max charges thing seems more useful. I don't see myself capping endurance charges even using Enduring Cry on CD. Somewhat related, what does the increased duration do for Enduring Cry? It starts at 10 seconds and with the gem it stays at ten seconds.

Berserker is something I've got my eye on. No regen, only useless physical damage. That 25% HP and mana every two seconds though... Shout, spin for two seconds, shout, spin for two seconds. I'm not sure how the extra regen we get from the node compares to the passive regen we get from Chieftain though. It would also pretty much make only normal lab useful and almost not worth bothering picking the rest.

On the other hand it would mean doing no regen maps would be quite doable. Phox has a video where he does that.
"
CedricDur wrote:
I leveled with RF from level 27 on. It could have been earlier if I had been willing to sacrifice three points to deviate from the build, but tbh once we get Ancestral Protector + Splash we're fine to level. Upsides it does not eat our mana. Once we get Facebreaker even Shield charge is enough to kill mobs, and the totem is just for the bosses.

By 27 I had capped resistances, two Kikazuro rings, one shaper seed, one Springleaf and was losing HP only slowly, allowing for a two HP flask setup to prop me up easily between fights. As soon as I got Cyclone I placed a Life on Hit as suggested by the OP and I completely stopped losing HP during fights needing only to sustain myself between fights.

The stone golem was the tipping point. From then on my next points in regen put me in a (slow) positive regain.

I'm 42 now. Damage is good, I'm running through mobs and they die ^^

I'm trying a Scorching Ray + Spell totem setup that was advised, but I don't really notice any difference with or without it. In the spirit of being lazy I might drop it.

On the matter of ascendencies Chieftain seems so dull. Nothing much is really added as we fish for the 0.5% regen nodes. It works, but eh. Jugs seems more interesting though the math is ultimately against it. I think that the max charges thing seems more useful. I don't see myself capping endurance charges even using Enduring Cry on CD. Somewhat related, what does the increased duration do for Enduring Cry? It starts at 10 seconds and with the gem it stays at ten seconds.

Berserker is something I've got my eye on. No regen, only useless physical damage. That 25% HP and mana every two seconds though... Shout, spin for two seconds, shout, spin for two seconds. I'm not sure how the extra regen we get from the node compares to the passive regen we get from Chieftain though. It would also pretty much make only normal lab useful and almost not worth bothering picking the rest.

On the other hand it would mean doing no regen maps would be quite doable. Phox has a video where he does that.

I'm actually planning to level with this build into maps (because it's safer) and transition into Pohx build for end-game. I think his build probably has more damage late game than this one will have. But we'll see.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
I'm actually planning to level with this build into maps (because it's safer) and transition into Pohx build for end-game. I think his build probably has more damage late game than this one will have. But we'll see.

Well, considering zerker is straight up damage on damage, chances are you will likely get more damage with the downside of being able to be less lazy (micromanaging shout cd times) if you're planning on doing maps like no regen, temp chains, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info