[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

Sorry for late reply. I am on hollyday and only got a poor laptop with me. Doing daily quest only atm until I can get to a location with better net. Tbh, i don't know if net or laptop is the problem as game barely runs. STILL... can do daily Zana map and the other quests with eyes closed. Just activate RF and piss on lag or poor video performances. Mobs are getting melted regardless if I see them or not on my frozen screen. Which leads me the question: who is a better RF choice chieftain or berseker? I don't intend playing by spamming each other second some crys. Is bad enough for my taste that I must do enduring cry from time to time if the mobs are not plenty. And on a laptop with bad net as I am right now....fk no. I got plenty of damage. I need the huge life regeneration to know I am safe even when game freeze. I do have a pathfinder which can do millions of DPS but feels so bad at play. Is quick at kill, quick at move but one-two seconds of distraction and is dead (12k ES are gone in a blink if no leech).
So I will stick with my chieftain due to its tankiness. I will stress again, I can get 6000 HP regen/sec if I need. And I don't need to spam skills for that.

"
bridgeburner wrote:
Can someone help me on the math here, because POB seems to be out of date for this gem.

In the beta, Chance to Ignite now does 10% More fire damage, and has up to 10% increased fire damage with quality. Would this be worth using a 5L belly instead of a Kaom's Heart? Would the damage increase be worth it?

Chance to ignite do not work with RF as RF does not hit. So belive us 4L essence glove or helm is the meta here.

"
Dezosseur wrote:
Hello!
Also I'm giving a try to a simple CWDT + flammability, instead of the block setup, so it free a gem slot. But I don't really know about the uptime...

Problem with CWDT + curse is that curse has to be lower lvl than CWDT. So unless you want to use CWDT lvl 20 your curse will be lower level and you will not gain the maximum potential. With CWDT lvl 20 the trigger will be to rare imo.

"
bridgeburner wrote:
So, I'm also planning to use this as a league starter. Anyone have any recommendations for early-league socket for RF? The issue is early on, I won't have the amount of chromes or the level on vorici necessary to 4-blue a str item. So I'll likely be running armor/es on 1 piece of gear. Any recommendations on the pros/cons of boots vs gloves vs helm?

Well is up to your luck what you can buy or what you can craft your self. Is quite a long debate what is better to craft as essence gear: glove or helm. If you have the essence helm you can use an unique southbound glove with 16% life and cold attack for EE. If you have essence gloves you can use unique helms with + to aura gems or to give shock to the boses.

"
Maskawisewin wrote:
I'm split between this build and this one you've been commenting in. What I like about that build is shield charge over cyclone. It looks like it would be a faster clear speed and looks like it would be more fun to play. What I like about your build is it's survivability. I'm posting here because I honestly believe you're a better in theory than the other guy and I trust your opinion more.

What sort of commentary do you have about cyclone versus shield charge? Is it possible to strike a happy medium between the builds in this regard? I also like his use of two blasphemy curses, but I've read your opinion on that matter and I agree with you.

What are your thoughts on The Red Dream/Nightmare in the slot near the Juggernaut notable passive? Is the EC generation beneficial? It would require an extra 2 or 4 nodes to respectively achieve 26% or a 41% chance to gain an EC on kill. I'm thinking sometime after level 90. I doubt I'll be able to afford it this league but it's nice to dream (hehe).

I have played Jugg at the begining of ascendancy classes and I swiched to chieftain when everybody was going Jugg for the free EC generation. I know both classes and each have pros and cons. Imo the more strength, more life regen are better than +1EC and chance to gain max EC. I love the free EC generation but I can't renounce to the chieftain goodies for that. So I am doing enduring cry from time to time to be sure I keep all EC up.

Now on the cyclone vs Shield charge is so simple: use what you like. If is not a linear map I feel that SC is bumping me in all the walls (especially on mazes), that's why I don't like it. On bosses if I miss the meeting I can charge away along it and go outside RF zone. I play for a long time with cyclone and I am too used with it. For some one who like more SC I got only one advice: use it. Play as you are comfortable. I used to link cyclone-fortify-coh-curse. But is more beneficial to have Increased critical linked on it to be sure you have 100% uptime for EO. That's why CoH-curse are gone from that setup. To make room for increasing critical.

For the leveling part: spring leaf untill you get RotP. Kikarazu rings are also great. Use SR linked with CwC and fire storm is also easy.

"
Thank you so much for the replies. You learn something new everyday! I personally thought the videos were good.

I didn't look on youtube channel to see if I get like or dislike. They are my first movies make from a game and I did them only to see that is possible to kill shaper, uber etc. I did mention that I don't play speedy, hour efficiently or stict drop filter. I tend to pick up all shit from the floor, scrolls and any yellow item. I know I am not efficient as % of exp/hour but is how I like to play, to identify each yellow item and look "what we have here"...in the hope of a great 6xT1 item.

"
Roulce wrote:

Well, considering zerker is straight up damage on damage, chances are you will likely get more damage with the downside of being able to be less lazy (micromanaging shout cd times) if you're planning on doing maps like no regen, temp chains, etc.

Can do no Hp regen maps but not activating RF. I put Atziri's Garb for +100 HP/mana on kill and go with SR. But that means working for me and I am so lazy. So in general I reroll the maps if are "no HP regen".
Last edited by Piftiuta on Aug 1, 2017, 12:14:03 PM
Pitiufa, you're good at math and the arcane equations that PoE uses into calculating it. I looked into Poe planner but couldn't find a simple answer.

I'm a noob to PoE so please suffer through me asking dumb questions.

I was re-looking at Berserker despite your (rightful) disagreement it suits you best. All the small nodes are attack damage, thus useless for RF, the big heal works, but demands spamming (well, not that much, only when needed. We would be 'spamming' Enduring Cry for the charges anyway) and the 40% damage comes with a +10% damage taken.

Assuming we would be spinning for the majority of the fight against strong enemies, the ones that really matter, Cyclone would be hitting non stop. Cloaked in Savagery gives us 100% of our damage back as leech, 50% more damage and 25% attack speed if we tae more than 15% of our HP. Coupled with the small nodes we are forced to take both for the healing shout and Cloaked in Savagery, and assuming the really tough bosses hit us for that much and trigger it, how much damage would Cyclone do despite us not building for it?

You've explained how picking Chieftain gives 1.6k HP a second in an optimum scenario.

But how much would Cyclone return? My character screen says that my Cyclone currently does 677 per second. This is with a level 11 gem, no quality, no 50% from Cloaked being triggered + 25% speed, plus 12 + 12 + 12 from the small nodes and possibly replacing the faster attack gem by a melee damage gem if that's actually a good trade.

It wouldn't be passive (though we could regain the lost regen with the healing shout), and for most things it would not matter, but depending on the numbers it might just be useful for when it does matter, which is when we take a big hit.

You have explained it is not the type of gameplay you want, but depending on how valid the math turns out perhaps you could add it to your Ascendency comparison.
Last edited by CedricDur on Aug 1, 2017, 4:19:52 PM
Patch notes :Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels. You now deal 20% more spell damage while Righteous Fire is active with a level 1 Righteous Fire gem (down from 40% more spell damage), up to 39% more spell damage at gem level 20 (down from 58% more spell damage).

What you think about it ?
"
aros988 wrote:
Patch notes :Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels. You now deal 20% more spell damage while Righteous Fire is active with a level 1 Righteous Fire gem (down from 40% more spell damage), up to 39% more spell damage at gem level 20 (down from 58% more spell damage).

What you think about it ?

Since this build does not really use the spell damage buff on SR or any other caster skill, should not matter at all.
Looks like RF got a buff from beta. In beta it got nerf from 50% HP damage to 40%. Patchnotes did not say anything about that (so it's 20% increase comparing to beta), yet still we got Burning Damage buff, looking good :D
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Aug 2, 2017, 5:45:19 AM
"
neltisen wrote:
Looks like RF got a buff from beta. In beta it got nerf from 50% HP damage to 40%. Patchnotes did not say anything about that (so it's 20% increase comparing to beta), yet still we got Burning Damage buff, looking good :D

It did get the Beta nerf, and is in the patch notes.

Patch notes :Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels.

50% to 40% is a reduction of 20%. But like you say, the burning damage change to 'more' compensates more than adequately.

Still happy days :)
Last edited by Rixxor on Aug 2, 2017, 7:08:53 AM
"
Rixxor wrote:
"
neltisen wrote:

It did get the Beta nerf, and is in the patch notes.

Patch notes :Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels.

50% to 40% is a reduction of 20%. But like you say, the burning damage change to 'more' compensates more than adequately.

Still happy days :)

"Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels. You now deal 20% more spell damage while Righteous Fire is active with a level 1 Righteous Fire gem (down from 40% more spell damage), up to 39% more spell damage at gem level 20 (down from 58% more spell damage)."

In my opinion the second sentence is implication of first. Might be wrong
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
What will bandits be in 3.0? Oak or skill points? :o
Thanks for the guide!
could u change the empower lvl 4 for a ring with +3 socketed gems and str, life ?
I wanted give this build a try but I had problem after I upload your character to Path of Building. It shows 336k RF and 76k Scorching Ray DPS and also 13.5k life with legacy Kaom and only 3700 regen. Could you say where is rest of your stats or maybe you use different setup than this on your main character?
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info