Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

I know cheating when I see it, and this was cheating. If you don't think so, fine. I've seen people with even lower moral standards.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
What? Magnitude? Both are exploits according to the GGG dictionary.

Point is they could have clarified but didn't have a spine to do so

Yes, exactly, magnitue of the abuse - some are just much worse (duping / stones charges). I agree - GGG should have clarified their stance on MT procs long time ago, and many other things...
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
You need to prove that things tat was working liek that for years are for some reason now unintentional.
Fair enough.

"
Chris wrote:
2.6.0h Patch Notes
  • Fixed an exploit where it could be determined if the Monstrous Treasure Prophecy had triggered on a map while you were still able to cancel consumption of the map.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 19, 2017, 8:53:48 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Also, making prophecies not suck would be nice after both MT and ROTC were gutted.

Hahaha good luck

When prophecy ended GGG said that this content has so much potential that they would keep it as core content and keep tweaking and improving it

3 leagues later... NADA

Legacy would be a fine league but since reusing all older content is Nice, but if that content is shit or obsolete.. its way less nice...

Totally I agree. There is so much stuff you can do with prophecies...from deleting useless stuff like Forceful Exorcism or Gilded Within to adding new (GG Uniques? Guaranteed Craft / corruptions / interesting encounters / whatever ) or improving old ones (like all this annoying Prophecie chains).
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
You need to prove that things tat was working liek that for years are for some reason now unintentional.
Fair enough.

"
Chris wrote:
2.6.0h Patch Notes
  • Fixed an exploit where it could be determined if the Monstrous Treasure Prophecy had triggered on a map while you were still able to cancel consumption of the map.

They had this system for years and changed it just for that prophecie, because why not. So what?

Single unintended thing is player getting advantage of it, not game mechanic itself - this is how it was working for years.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 9:06:20 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Also, making prophecies not suck would be nice after both MT and ROTC were gutted.

Hahaha good luck

When prophecy ended GGG said that this content has so much potential that they would keep it as core content and keep tweaking and improving it

3 leagues later... NADA

Legacy would be a fine league but since reusing all older content is Nice, but if that content is shit or obsolete.. its way less nice...

Totally I agree. There is so much stuff you can do with prophecies...from deleting useless stuff like Forceful Exorcism or Gilded Within to adding new (GG Uniques? Guaranteed Craft / corruptions / interesting encounters / whatever ) or improving old ones (like all this annoying Prophecie chains).

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5jg3u1/prophecy_the_greatest_game_changer_mechanic/
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Hey, everyone, let's play Semantics Tonight!

Circle-strafe around the words and definitions all you want, but the only reason you posted this was to see how many other loons agree that exploiting is okay.

Sun, you seem to be perseverating on exploits - this is like your third (fourth) thread discussing the ins and outs of a particular exploit in a couple of weeks. Just go play the game, man.

I remember in old Everquest playing a Shadowknight and fearing mobs into a corner of a wall and stair so that I would not have to chase them to hit them. Was that a clever use of game mechanics - why, yes, it was. Was it an exploit, why yes, it was.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
3 quotes damn it!

Probably year or so later. xD
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Hey, everyone, let's play Semantics Tonight!

Circle-strafe around the words and definitions all you want, but the only reason you posted this was to see how many other loons agree that exploiting is okay.

Sun, you seem to be perseverating on exploits - this is like your third (fourth) thread discussing the ins and outs of a particular exploit in a couple of weeks. Just go play the game, man.

I remember in old Everquest playing a Shadowknight and fearing mobs into a corner of a wall and stair so that I would not have to chase them to hit them. Was that a clever use of game mechanics - why, yes, it was. Was it an exploit, why yes, it was.

Wtf? No. Exploiting is bad. MT procs is just hardly explot - it's flat out you know - clever whatever of whatever sigh meh.

This is my second Thread about Exploits this League with other being me blowing LEaguestone Charges abuse out of proportion (probably), but I still think they should have ban more people for that.

I dunno about Everquest man.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 9:10:57 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Hahaha good luck

3 leagues later... NADA

I'm just baffled they added this to Standard "here's some extra content like getting 2 more ways to obtain a Roth's Reach"

The fuck
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info