Where do I complain about Scammers like [Removed by Support]

"
Ryaryu wrote:
What a sad topic. You get scammed, the "police" turns a blind eye (unless you try to call names on forums, them they will do something) and the community simply says "you're too childish if you don't like being scammed". What a sad topic.
I expect no less these days. Here is the formula for such threads:

"I was scammed by so-and-so. This was the deal, he screwed me over, now he isn't responding, I want people to know".

"LOL NOOB ONLY NOOBS GET SCAMMED"

"DONT PLAY POE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SCAMMED"

"ITS AGSINT THE ROOLZ TO NAME AND SHAME"

"HOW WUD U FEEL IF SOMEONE FALLSY ACCUSED U"

That's about the jist of it, despite the fact that every point is a complete failure of logic.

1. The game offers no method of trade to protect from scams surrounding certain game mechanics, yet encourages or requires you to trade for them. It is exceptionally difficult to complete some challenges without trading, and in many of those cases you are required to take a leap of faith or go to extreme measures to protect yourself.

2. I hope I don't need to explain why it should be a reasonable expectation not to get screwed in general dealings with other human beings.

3. It is against the rules. The rules are stupid and illogical, and for the same reason so is this argument.

4. I would feel bad, and I would demand proof. Because people are rational and we live in a world where the burden of proof is generally laid on the accuser, I would then most likely be redeemed. It is certainly not the case that more damage could be done by people falsely accusing others than is done by people scamming others. And finally, in both cases, the ball is squarely in the court of GGG to do something about. If a system does not exist to contain logs of every trade made in the game and the chat logs surrounding it, the systems aren't good enough. Falsely accusing someone requires no less malice and does no more damage than scamming someone.

Ergo; it is a choice made explicitly by GGG to propagate a game environment that not only doesn't punish antisocial psychopathy, but infact rewards it. Not only is this the case, but they have also managed to cultivate a general user base that believes this is a reasonable expectation and even a good thing.

GGG either needs to either;
1. give us the mechanics to protect ourselves from scammers in the first place (by means other than opting out of the content in which they are created), via a more robust trade system that accounts for such mechanics as paying for achievement-related content that isn't a direct trade.

2. actively police and punish players who do not honor the agreements they make thus removing them from circulation and removing the need for players to police themselves.

3. reverse the rule stopping players from naming and shaming those who perpetrate these types of actions.

It is 100% irrational to protect the names of scammers in aid of protecting innocent parties while simultaneously decrying the protection of innocent parties from scammers in the first place.
"
Walrusky wrote:
It's a cycle of people getting scammed then becoming the scammer because they find out there is little if not no punishment for scamming.

Only dysfunctional socially inept losers with no conscience would follow this logic.
The "services" or challenges that people get scammed over, that there is no "protection" for... I think GGG probably wants you to make friends, or join a guild, share stuff that way. You are less likely to get scammed by a friend than some random in 820.
U MAD?
This thread is still going after 鬼殺し's response? Should have been /thread long ago.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
Wait, if someone steals my currency I can't warn other people about that person's user name?

What's to stop him from scamming other people? Or, what's to stop others from doing the same?

It seems like by preventing me warning other people your making it so it becomes a viable strategy to scam people. Is this the intention?

Of course you can't name and shame people on the forums. You can say whatever you want here, with no need of proof. That's as unfair as it gets.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
But how do you deal with weirdo's who are lying to cover up their crap though?

The other day I called out two flippers on the message board for their hilarious over priced ratios, warning noobs away. so this clown opened a public group calling me " a scammer".

Now it's turned into something else entirely and who's to say who's lying?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Frankly I've encountered bytes with more empathy than some PoE players.

I was just feeling idealistic heh, I realize we can't all be Honest Joe Exile, but I do believe that the lack of action from GGG empowered and enhanced a lot of scammers, without the enlightenment.

If there would be a way to "link" the strongboxes, perandus chests and even unique mobs, that would help with the issue maybe.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Apr 26, 2017, 3:30:37 AM
[Removed by Support] is my new hero

he is everywhere these days
I dont see any any key!
Anyone else suffering from EVE Online flashbacks?
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
Anyone else suffering from EVE Online flashbacks?

thats one thing i liked about eve, you get scammed and the general attitude was be smart next time lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info