Where do I complain about Scammers like [Removed by Support]

"
Taylor5CC wrote:
As I said before on this thread (but I guess I should reiterate because many people are like you) I DO have evidence.

I posted said evidence on reddit. I could not post it here because it has the person in question's name in it (since otherwise is not evidence), so is against this forum's rules.

Think about it for a second. Whatever proof you DO have, do you have any proof that this person hasn't traded those 100c back to you? That he hasn't offered you a Perandus Archive since the incident? Understand me correctly here, I'm not saying you're full of shit, I'm just saying that if these forum guidelines didn't exist, you could destroy a person's "trading reputation" in an instant just with a simple lie or two.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"Hello, Wraeclast Police, how may we help?"
Ah, I see the problem. You're working under the assumption 'Wraeclast' (or a similar primitive culture) is 'real life' and I am not.
Axiomatic differences are always the hardest to overcome, Okonro Ishi. So, I'm not sure I see a solution to ours. Fair enough.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
PS congrats on 35! Good luck on 36!
Thank you, I'm shooting for 37.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Looks to me like you're doing just fine despite one moment of serious common sense breakdown. Go you!
Well, as I keep saying, I'm not as concerned with myself as I am with the way the system itself is setup. Metagaming is something of a hobby of mine, and I'm worried (justly or unjustly) that this system is setup to favor an unfair "zero determinant strategy (ZD)," which almost inevitably leads to extinction or 4chan.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
In case you missed it, this is goodbye and good luck. :)
Well, that's too bad, Demon Slayer. I was hoping I would get some answers to these questions: "Why do you feel buying challenges is fundamentally different -in principle if not in practice- from buying items? Or do you feel the safeguards in buying items should be removed as well? Or, do you feel the current system is "prefect" and any discussion of how it could be improved is fundamentally flawed?"

But, I guess we do live in a civilized society, so if you don’t want to answer, you shouldn’t. So, fair enough, goodbye.

"
Phrazz wrote:
Think about it for a second. Whatever proof you DO have, do you have any proof that this person hasn't traded those 100c back to you?
Well, the person in question posted on this thread and didn't deny any of it. But, I do understand where you're going with all this. If you look at the reddit thread, I do have evidence, but do I have an annotated video with an official timestamp? No.
"
Phrazz wrote:
That he hasn't offered you a Perandus Archive since the incident?
Well, this one's at least easy. Look at my challenges.
Despite using 10-20 Perandus Leaguestone in maps since starting this thread I still haven't got a Perandus Archive to spawn. I guess I'm learning why they're so expensive.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Apr 28, 2017, 8:54:33 AM
You don't even need evidence. It's clear to everyone here what happened. A fairly ignorant and trusting person got taken while trying to cheat his way through the game. No need for a video to prove that. It's obvious.

You can complain all you want. You can educate the masses. You just can't name/shame on the GGG forum.

But you're really overdoing this. Been weeks now. Get over it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
A fairly ignorant and trusting person got taken while trying to cheat his way through the game.
So, you then feel GGG should crack down on trade channel 820, because trading challenges is 'cheating?' I'm new, so I'm legitimately asking.
I normally like to play games "to completion." Which to me, in this context, meant getting challenges. However, since the league is only up for a limited time, and I have a RL job, it seemed to me the only reasonable way of doing this was by trading on channel 820.

Is this incorrect? Is that not the way the game is "meant" to be played? Is getting ~36 challenges only meant for people without real world commitments? Or is there some other legitimate shortcut I am overlooking? Again, I am legitimately asking you, Shagsbeard.

In that vain, you didn't answer any of the other questions about the culture of the game I asked you, Shagsbeard. Part of my motivation of posting here is to better understand how I am to play this game (and if I like playing it).

If you're going to spend time berating me, is it possible you could spend time enlightening me as well? Or does that also go against the culture?
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Apr 28, 2017, 9:09:21 AM
You're not "new". No "new" player plays up to 35 challenges. Not buying it.

As to not responding to your earlier posts... you're just not worth it.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 28, 2017, 9:10:41 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're not "new". No "new" player plays up to 35 challenges. Not buying it.
So, you feel I must be dumb and naive for getting scammed, but also must be wise and experienced? 0.o

...Ah, I get it now. Thank you. Now I know how best to classify you in the context of intellectual honesty.
I win... I had a message for you but I deleted it. Feels great.
I'm confused (have not downloaded and played since release so excuse my ignorance), but isn't there some kind of ui/mechanic that makes trades safe in this game?
"
traverse wrote:
I'm confused (have not downloaded and played since release so excuse my ignorance), but isn't there some kind of ui/mechanic that makes trades safe in this game?

Yes. That's why when people get "scammed" like this, it is on them. You have to mouse over the item you are trading for in the trade window before you confirm. The game literally forces you to look at what you are getting.
U MAD?
This wasn't even a trade. I guy gave another guy 100c and he's bitching about what happened afterward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info