Where do I complain about Scammers like [Removed by Support]

Welcome to Wraeclast where the thieves and liars are celebrated and the innocent villianized.

If you're really interested in protecting others with a warning, calling out one particular 'scammer' isn't very effective.

You should instead warn people not to give away currency to some unknown player in exchange for a service that cannot be guaranteed, unless you are willing to accept the potential loss.

And if you want to whine about it via name-and-shame, nobody's stopping you. You just have to do it elsewhere.
- here's my sig
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
Wait, if someone steals my currency I can't warn other people about that person's user name?

What's to stop him from scamming other people? Or, what's to stop others from doing the same?

It seems like by preventing me warning other people your making it so it becomes a viable strategy to scam people. Is this the intention?

Naw GGG promotes it lol

General attitude is "It's Wraeclast xD" until they actually need to step in

If some guy fucks you over for 100c they won't do shit

It takes scamming a large number of people for them to act, because then they claim it's harassment via the ToS

I have refrained from posting much lately, as I feel that the forum has been reduced to rampant foolishness in recent times, but I can't help but respond to this post. GGG does not promote scamming. I have personally taken screen shots, provided evidence, and watched a scammer's 2013 account get banned. You have to A) have credible evidence (hard to deny screen shots) and B) Email support. They don't allow you to 'name and shame', because it would be too easy to character assassinate innocent people (falsely accuse people and ruin their reputations based on potentially unfounded allegtions). Next time you are about to get involved in a potentially risky trade (especially paying for services such as league challenges), either take screenshots and upload them to imgur or learn how to record your gameplay (I have yet to do it, but my new GTX 1080 has software that allows recording of gameplay).
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 28, 2017, 7:55:07 PM
POE is a game you gotta keep that in mind before complaining about being scammed, it's a wild economy, a representation of liberal capitalism at its best / worst / whatever but it's fine cause it's a video game and has no effect on the outside world.
I myself don't play the game to make currency, i just reinvest it immediately in another build, that's all I care about. But there's nothing wrong with playing the game efficiently, this case here is just a guy being a dick of course but i've heard people calling out lowballers and flippers, these are things that happen in the real world and get people locked up for years.
Being able to experience this kind of thing in a game is cool, it shows how fickle it all really is, I don't think that should change.

A more crazy example of an economy is eve online
"
traverse wrote:
I'm confused (have not downloaded and played since release so excuse my ignorance), but isn't there some kind of ui/mechanic that makes trades safe in this game?
It was a trade for a challenge, not an item.
"
You should instead warn people not to give away currency to some unknown player in exchange for a service that cannot be guaranteed, unless you are willing to accept the potential loss.
Alright, can do.

Thank you everyone for the insight into this communities collective mind.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on May 3, 2017, 6:37:51 AM
Snowflakes need to man up. Its your flaut u get scammed. This game is like fort knox trade wise but if you leave 16 inch steel door wide open no one can help u

I never been scammed and never will be cause i trust no one without commenserate renumetation on top box

Ps thats works for rl too. I aint working wearing ur logos talking u up etc unless i get paid
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 2, 2017, 10:48:16 PM
"
JNF wrote:
I have refrained from posting much lately, as I feel that the forum has been reduced to rampant foolishness in recent times, but I can't help but respond to this post. GGG does not promote scamming. I have personally taken screen shots, provided evidence, and watched a scammer's 2013 account get banned.
I saw someone running the same scam for 50c last night. Are you saying if I took proper documentation of the event, I could get them banned for 50c? Or would 50c not be a "big enough scam" in your estimation?
I missed something.

You wanted to trade.
you went to his hideout,
you or him (doesn't matter) opened the trade window,
you put 100c inside the trade window,
he put nothing,
and you clicked on "Trade" button??

is that accurate?

i'm sorry,
if you clicked on "trade" without the other guy putting anything,
instead of clicking on "cancel",
he's not the one to blame.

I don't want to use bad words,
but it wasn't wise.

I do think that for mistakes you have to pay.

Many times i bought items on trade without checking POE.TRADE and found out that i got ripped off.
Are they scammers? or am I the idiot?

get my point?
Last edited by Ofirdr78 on May 10, 2017, 7:13:33 AM
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
You wanted to trade.
you went to his hideout,
he put nothing,

Why on earth would he trade 100c with nothing in return. I fail to see the scam here. He practically donated 100c.

Trades in this game don't work like that, you don't trade the money and then he trades you the item. You do it simultaneously. That person isn't even a scammer, you just presented easy cash. You can trade Mother Teresa 100c and she would instantly disconnect.
"
PayneK wrote:
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
You wanted to trade.
you went to his hideout,
he put nothing,

Why on earth would he trade 100c with nothing in return. I fail to see the scam here. He practically donated 100c.

Trades in this game don't work like that, you don't trade the money and then he trades you the item. You do it simultaneously. That person isn't even a scammer, you just presented easy cash. You can trade Mother Teresa 100c and she would instantly disconnect.

I Totally agree.
I also fail to see the scam here.

Someone on general told few weeks ago that he sold something for 4c,
and the buyer gave him 4ex instead of 4c by mistake.

I don't think it's a scam also.
it's the buyer's fault.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info