Where do I complain about Scammers like [Removed by Support]

It literally is like taking candy from a baby.
"
Ratedetar wrote:

only that the baby gave the candy in this situation.
IMO you got scammed when you agreed to buy an archive for 100c. I bought my archive for 8c.
Last edited by coatofarms on May 10, 2017, 4:06:18 PM
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
At this point, I'm just surprised the majority here thinks it's 'not OK' to sham him for scamming, but think it is 'OK' to sham me for complaining.

Tells me what I need to know about the culture.

As others have said, Reddit! GGG rules state no naming and shaming so that's in game and on the forums. But you can post what you want over there
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
"
Ratedetar wrote:

only that the baby gave the candy in this situation.

You're being too literal lol

It's the saying and the meaning behind it. That it's so easy to do/accomplish. These "scammers" don't need to do much since the OP was more than willing to throw away 100c with out any logic or critical thinking then starts crying foul (this thread) when he realizes he screwed him self. Hence, its like taking candy from a baby.

"
Taylor5CC wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're not "new". No "new" player plays up to 35 challenges. Not buying it.
So, you feel I must be dumb and naive for getting scammed, but also must be wise and experienced? 0.o

...Ah, I get it now. Thank you. Now I know how best to classify you in the context of intellectual honesty.

Well let's look at this from another perspective..
The reason GGG do not allow name is shame is as simple as this. Lets take your situation for example..
What IF!!! This case was really one where you actually were insulted or called some name by this person you say scammed you and in retaliation you decide to go smear his name by telling everyone on the forums that he scammed you in hopes other players will no longer interact with him? Or in hopes that GGG would take an action against his account? Then this player would suffer consequences undeserved. And that's the main problem because in the end its your word against his. Even when providing proof such as pictures and such those could modified or taken out of context for in the end no naming and shaming is actually in place to protect this type of abuse. Imagine if a player just made up a bunch of shit about you and posted it everywhere and GGG took action on your account based on these lies.. You wouldn't be very happy now would you? Wouldn't be very fair would it?

As far as people talking down on you in this thread it is simply because YOU ultimately hit accept on the trade window. No one forced your hand.. no one other than yourself made you do it. You made a choice and sometimes we all make bad choices and when we do so we have to live with those bad choices. The thing is 90% of us do not get scammed because we understand how people are. We understand there are shitty people out there just waiting to prey on a naive or kind trusting person. It sucks but thats the way things are. And the only person who can protect you or me from these situations is ourselves. We all have to take responsibility in our own actions. We also have to take responsibility in protecting ourselves.

Coming to the forums complaining about such accomplishes nothing. However being proactive and learning from your mistake will Accomplish something.. If you learn from this mistake then chances are you will NEVER get scammed in such a fashion again.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
I missed something.
Yes. You missed that he was selling a challenge. Something you can't put in a trade window.

This was the first time I was trading for an expensive challenge. I didn't know that scams were common and that this community (by and large) approves of the practice of ripping off newbies. I am new. One might even call me a "baby" when it comes to this game. Thus:
"
Ratedetar wrote:
I agree. But, customarily "stealing candy from a baby" is considered to be an immoral act. I am surprised to find so many here defend its morality and belittle the "baby" for being naive. That is, after all, the nature of being new, to be inexperienced. It is hard to be experienced if one as no experience.
"
A35hm4 wrote:
As others have said, Reddit!
As I have said, I did!
"
Demonoz wrote:
What IF!!!
Many "what if"s to be sure. But, in this specific case, he posted on this thread, was confronted with the accusations, and did not deny them. Yet, still, I guess it is common practice in this community to protect the scammer and shame the "baby."
I was unaware this was the culture when I started this thread. So, if nothing else, I have learned:
This community feels it is correct to prey on newbies, and wants them to GTFO if they don't get with that program.

I have also posted on this thread links to peer reviewed papers that show why such a culture is normally self-destructive. But, hey, what do I know? I am, after all, a newbie to PoE.

But, regardless, if this is the culture, then this is the culture.
That is -after all- how culture works.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on May 11, 2017, 5:40:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info