[2.6/3.0 BETA] eMbbu's detailed Essence drain guide for shaper & t16 boss farmer

So when you hit 70ish, you switch to ED... at that point, I take it you wouldn't have a weapon with decay on it yet and you'd probably still be running a 4l chest if this is the first character you're playing in a new league.

That being said, how do you go about transitioning to this build? What do you farm to build up to the gear you need? What links would you prioritize in your 4L?

Thanks for your help! Love the guide :)
"
So when you hit 70ish, you switch to ED... at that point, I take it you wouldn't have a weapon with decay on it yet and you'd probably still be running a 4l chest if this is the first character you're playing in a new league.

That being said, how do you go about transitioning to this build? What do you farm to build up to the gear you need? What links would you prioritize in your 4L?

Thanks for your help! Love the guide :)

i bought a evasion es 5l chest for 2c (and dropped piercE) and a delirium for 10c super early and farmed atziri/vinktar to afford 6l vaal regalia
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on May 2, 2017, 7:39:51 PM
Uh-oh... nerf incoming 3.0.

"Some skills, such as Essence Drain, had a stat saying "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage over Time". This affected all Damage over Time that was caused by that skill. In the Fall of Oriath Beta, this will be replaced by an equivalent modifier that will only affect the specific Damage over Time effect that a skill inherently applies, not any others it causes due to stats on gear or supports, such as Poison or Decay."
"
Uh-oh... nerf incoming 3.0.

"Some skills, such as Essence Drain, had a stat saying "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage over Time". This affected all Damage over Time that was caused by that skill. In the Fall of Oriath Beta, this will be replaced by an equivalent modifier that will only affect the specific Damage over Time effect that a skill inherently applies, not any others it causes due to stats on gear or supports, such as Poison or Decay."

Many other skills that were most penalized by this change, such as Essence Drain, have had their damage improved to compensate.

So yea, just have to wait and see what the future brings
pvp loooooooool
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:
oh yes, I forgot telling that I'm using empower instead of slower projectiles (or pierce vs bosses). if you're not using empower, there is no point using the skin of the loyal, especially in hardcore

Using empower lvl 4 vs slower proj is also only a very slight dmg upgrade due to decay scaling if you dont have +2 all gem skin, i wouldnt really even use it in softcore, id rather use a regalia, spec more dmg nodes

yes you're right, I've recently respecced into low life version with a shavronne's wrappings, with slow projectiles instead of empower I have roughly the same amount of damage overtime and 13k more decay dps which is a huge boost.
for some bosses which are not immune to I'm trying poison support instead of pierce, with this setup the build is really versatile!
with low life I reach about 14k energy shield and have to move very carefully.
I'm enjoying this build until lasts this way, I hope GGG will heavily buff ED damage and add more support gems to replace projectile ones (like some gem adding chaos damage overtime and affecting decay too, etc.)
Last edited by Giammafix on May 14, 2017, 8:40:01 PM
How do you feel about the ES nerfs going into 3.0 beta? Sounds like ~15k es is the top end of the spectrum.
"
How do you feel about the ES nerfs going into 3.0 beta? Sounds like ~15k es is the top end of the spectrum.

Time will tell, realistic top end propably 13-14k
pvp loooooooool
You take two life regen nodes connected to Shaper for 0.7% regen but it would be better to take the two nodes connected to Sanctity which would give 0.8% life regen and also 30% mana regen.

EDIT: Hmm, but you get the jewel socket when taking the nodes near Shaper ;)

Really cool build BTW, thanks for sharing it :)
Last edited by rampagingrabbit on May 18, 2017, 11:13:05 PM
"
You take two life regen nodes connected to Shaper for 0.7% regen but it would be better to take the two nodes connected to Sanctity which would give 0.8% life regen and also 30% mana regen.

EDIT: Hmm, but you get the jewel socket when taking the nodes near Shaper ;)

Really cool build BTW, thanks for sharing it :)

Yea its because of the jewel socket obv
pvp loooooooool
Im trying out this built for SSF. So far it went decent. I'm sitting at 12.700 ES at level 84. ES just hit level 19 and my damage is getting "okay".
A big problem is getting that delirium essence :(. I was running a few other chars in SSF before this one so i was pretty stocked on remnants. When i started searching for Delirium I had 12 Remnants and found 2 more along the way. So 14 Remnants. I used up 10 of those and right now i am sitting at 4 Remnants. I got all the other 3 corruption only essences but no delirium yet :((.
I fear my Remnants will go out before i can get a delirium. Is there any way to get Remnants quicker?
Do higher tier maps have a higher chance for high tear essences?
Any tricks involved in getting that essence in SSF?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info