The Son of God:

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
In fact, we're commanded to go out into the world, among pagans, and spread His message of peace and love. We know many don't believe in God at all, and others mock even the idea of Him. For Christians, we're not the ones responsible for "converting" people, we're the ones bringing the message, and whether or not others want to listen is not our real concern. Every human on Earth has free will to make that choice for themselves.

Feel free to debate my words, take a jab at my post, etc., but I won't argue with you on this thread. :-) Everyone has their own beliefs, or lack of them.

I know several pagans who are all about peace and love. In fact, it seems to be a theme for them. Everything is interconnected to a greater whole, and to be selfish or cruel will always damage the whole and you will experience the same malicious treatment you gave to others.

The Wiccan practitioners I've met, and the one druid I know (don't ask) seem to be all about love, acceptance, and union with a greater whole.

Additionally, I've noticed all of them are open to the idea of multiple Gods, Goddesses, spirits, whatever you fancy. I'm certain they'd all be on board with the Christian Yahweh, and already follow many of the Christian ideals.

NOTE: I'm not here to debate your words, so much as to provoke thought on the pagans you're spreading your message to.

What would a Christian do if they came across a pagan that agreed to most Christian ideals, followed the ten commandments (which are arguably just good standards to live by regardless of religion), and said that Jesus' conception, rebirth, and "God" were all real possibilities? A pagan who still communicated with spirits, nature, and practiced magic?

It's worth saying that I am not pagan. I'm agnostic. I'm not "spiritual", but I find spirituality, religion, and magic all incredibly interesting. Naturally this interest has brought me to question local pagans.

Most of them seem on board the peace and love train.

In contrast, most Christians I question (even close friends) tell me that they worry for me because they believe that when I die, if I have not converted to Christianity yet, they fear I will go to Hell instead of Heaven.

What do you believe? Do pagans get a free ticket to Hell for not having been saved and converting to Christianity?
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Apr 22, 2017, 6:24:17 AM
According to church teaching they are blasphemers and apostates, and it isn't allowed. (also funny considering how many of greatest holy days rely on pagan ones)

Just to answer the question above.

You can be the light of the world, but if you don't follow church teachings to the written word (I'm closely familiar with rimocatholic ones) you're out, unless you repent.

I'd call that hypocritical, but hey, whole world is such and I don't care.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 22, 2017, 6:51:04 AM
Aye, I've noticed a lot of hypocritical behavior in the original core tenants of Christianity. Despite this, I've always viewed the golden rule Jesus taught everyone to hold true regardless of religious boundaries:

"
Jesus wrote:
"Don't be a dick."

Or maybe he worded that differently. It's been a while.

I was interested in nemo's thoughts because he says he used to be agnostic. So I was curious what a converted agnostic would believe as far as being saved/going to Hell if you have not accepted Jesus as your one true savior.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Apr 22, 2017, 8:34:12 AM
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
What would a Christian do if they came across a pagan that agreed to most Christian ideals, followed the ten commandments (which are arguably just good standards to live by regardless of religion), and said that Jesus' conception, rebirth, and "God" were all real possibilities? A pagan who still communicated with spirits, nature, and practiced magic

I'll answer for myself. In such a case, the person is already familiar with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If the person is a friend, being a good example of Grace and Love in action would be my way forward.... If the person is a stranger, the same applies ;p
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

Additionally, I've noticed all of them are open to the idea of multiple Gods, Goddesses, spirits, whatever you fancy. I'm certain they'd all be on board with the Christian Yahweh, and already follow many of the Christian ideals.

What would a Christian do if they came across a pagan that agreed to most Christian ideals, followed the ten commandments (which are arguably just good standards to live by regardless of religion), and said that Jesus' conception, rebirth, and "God" were all real possibilities? A pagan who still communicated with spirits, nature, and practiced magic?

What do you believe? Do pagans get a free ticket to Hell for not having been saved and converting to Christianity?

If a pagan is open to the idea of multiple Gods, then they don't follow the ten commandments. Remember the one about "Thou shalt not have no other gods before me" and the "Thou shalt not create any graven images whether they be of Heaven above or the earth below". Remember, He is a "jealous God"

I would tell a pagan who communicated with spirits, nature, and practiced magic that all of those are a path away from God.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
Humans worship dead gods, above

Spoiler
and below
Oblivious
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Despite this, I've always viewed the golden rule Jesus taught everyone to hold true regardless of religious boundaries:

"
Jesus wrote:
"Don't be a dick."

Or maybe he worded that differently. It's been a while.

I think you're confused. "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself" was taught by Confucius around 500BC. Christianity just plagiarized it like they did with the rest of their religion.

As for the person asking if Pagans can go to Christian heaven; No. The whole point of Christianity is that you can spend your whole life raping and killing people, and as long as you say you're sorry and that you accept Jesus before you die, you get to go to heaven. If you're a great person who devotes your life to helping others, giving away all your time and money to protect the vulnerable and the poor but you don't accept Jesus, you're shit out of luck, and going to spend an eternity in hell.

They call it justice, and they claim it has nothing to do with their god being a vain megalomaniac who values people worshipping him over actually doing positive things for the world.
"
bwam wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
What would a Christian do if they came across a pagan that agreed to most Christian ideals, followed the ten commandments (which are arguably just good standards to live by regardless of religion), and said that Jesus' conception, rebirth, and "God" were all real possibilities? A pagan who still communicated with spirits, nature, and practiced magic

I'll answer for myself. In such a case, the person is already familiar with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If the person is a friend, being a good example of Grace and Love in action would be my way forward.... If the person is a stranger, the same applies ;p

As Christians, we are told one way to deal with people who practice witchcraft.

"
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
- Exodus 22:18

If you are a Christian, bwam, then know this, and follow God's word. Have nothing to do with them. Avoid them at all costs if possible. If they come to you, kill them. They are utterly evil. God's instruction in this matter is dead clear.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 24, 2017, 6:27:11 AM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
If you are a Christian, bwam, then know this, and follow God's word. Have nothing to do with them. Avoid them at all costs if possible. If they come to you, kill them. They are utterly evil. God's instruction in this matter is dead clear.

Witchcraft isn't real either. You'd be the harry potter fan who murdered a lord of the rings fan for cosplaying as an elf.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
As Christians, we are told one way to deal with people who practice witchcraft.

"
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
- Exodus 22:18

If you are a Christian, bwam, then know this, and follow God's word.

Well that escalated quickly. Lets all be thankful you weren't born into an even more violent religion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info